• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group B - Australia, Chile, Netherlands, Spain

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Australia and Chile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia and Netherlands

• Australia and Spain

• Chile and Netherlands

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Chile and Spain

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Netherlands and Spain

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Spain game was like a testimonial. If you could pick an opponent to end it all against it would be the lowest ranked team who are also without their best player.

Chile looked good again, Holland look great on the break.

Really disappointed with Chile. Thought they would beat Netherlands to avoid meeting Brazil in the next round. But they never looked like scoring at all. Netherlands looked poor without RVP but Chile didn't make use of that. Chile already looked like happy to just progressing to the next round. I guess unfancied teams like Chile and Costa Rica can only perform well in the group stages as they don't have any ambition to win the WC.

Australia were disappointing as well. Thought they will make Spain work hard like Netherlands but they went down too easily. Without Cahil, Australia's attack looked toothless. As for Spain, you have to wonder why they were changed players earlier to save their WC campaign. I am sure players like Villa and Mata could have contributed more against Netherlands and Chile.

David Villa makes it 1-0 in the dead rubber game. 0-0 in the other one.

It was a cheeky back-heel goal as well. That was his 9th goal in the WC : 3 goals in 2006 and 5 goals in 2010. In fact, he was the joint top scorer in the 2010 WC. Don't understand why Villa didn't start ahead of Torres in previous matches. Villa had 13 league goals for Atletico Madrid compared to just 5 by Torres for Chelsea. They are not that far away in age as well, Torres being 30 and Villa 32. Torres has been shyte since joining Chelsea 4 years ago. Villa should have been Spain main striker in this WC. Was a bit sorry to see Villa in tears when he was substituted early in the second half. Not sure if he was injured but he was really emotional at that moment.

It was a cheeky back-heel goal as well. That was his 9th goal in the WC : 3 goals in 2006 and 5 goals in 2010. In fact, he was the joint top scorer in the 2010 WC. Don't understand why Villa didn't start ahead of Torres in previous matches. Villa had 13 league goals for Atletico Madrid compared to just 5 by Torres for Chelsea. They are not that far away in age as well, Torres being 30 and Villa 32. Torres has been shyte since joining Chelsea 4 years ago. Villa should have been Spain main striker in this WC. Was a bit sorry to see Villa in tears when he was substituted early in the second half. Not sure if he was injured but he was really emotional at that moment.

Is one of my fave players of all time along with Mendieta. I did and do like Valencia. Villa and Silva were a class act.

**** way to end the tournament for us, but still very proud overall. Onwards to the Asian Cup on home soil.

Was a bit sorry to see Villa in tears when he was substituted early in the second half. Not sure if he was injured but he was really emotional at that moment.
Apparently (according to either BBC or ITV, forget which it was on), Del Bosque didn't realise it was his last game #-o

Apparently (according to either BBC or ITV, forget which it was on), Del Bosque didn't realise it was his last game #-o

Surely, that can't be the case. I am sure Del Bosque wanted to give a chance to Mata who didn't play much in this WC. But Villa was very reluctant to leave and he was consoled by even the Australian players as he was walking out slowly. He was still crying unshamedly on the bench as a few Spanish officials was trying to console him as well.

Also, really surprised to learn that Villa will be joining an Australian club after the WC. Surely, he could still contribute much in big European leagues. With Soldado's future uncertain, not sure why Spurs didn't try to sign him on a short term basis.

**** way to end the tournament for us, but still very proud overall. Onwards to the Asian Cup on home soil.

Are you heading to any games? A few of us are heading to Melbourne for Aus v Kuwait (then on to Showgirls Bar 20 - standard).

Also, really surprised to learn that Villa will be joining an Australian club after the WC. Surely, he could still contribute much in big European leagues. With Soldado's future uncertain, not sure why Spurs didn't try to sign him on a short term basis.

He's going to the Emirates Marketing Project owned New York City, but having a loan spell at the Emirates Marketing Project owned Melbourne City/Heart before the MSL season starts.

Melbourne just signed Damien Duff as well.

Are you heading to any games? A few of us are heading to Melbourne for Aus v Kuwait (then on to Showgirls Bar 20 - standard).

Yep, planning on going to quite a bit. I'm hoping to be a volunteer, so waiting to see how that will affect my match-going.

Class act

828798-20836cca-017f-11e4-8a13-c9890f82f8cd.jpg

Back