• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group A - Brazil, Cameroon, Croatia, Mexico

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Brazil and Cameroon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brazil and Croatia

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • Brazil and Mexico

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Cameroon and Croatia

• Cameroon and Mexico

• Croatia and Mexico

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i can kind of understand why the ref gave the penalty tbf. in real time, fred seems to collapse as soon as he felt a hand on his shoulder. could perhaps have seemed like a pull from the refs angle.

Looks like Modric is about to commit a foul by barging/elbowing Neymar but Neymar just got there first.

not sure if you've posted that in agreement or disagreement with me Huddy?

never a red card for me

I thought you were asking for more details on the incident so I attached the gif.

But now I see we are in disagreement ;). It's a red for me by the letter of the law, why is his arm even up there!? It was clearly premeditated.

i can kind of understand why the ref gave the penalty tbf. in real time, fred seems to collapse as soon as he felt a hand on his shoulder. could perhaps have seemed like a pull from the refs angle.

lets deal with you first sonny, did you do it on purpose?

Not a red for me. They are both looking at each other. 0.1 seconds later Neymar lifts his arm to protect himself (he always does this as he is a short, light player) the same as Modric does against bigger players... but because Modric is tiny as well he took it in the throat and it looks bad.

yh i agree. i think modric sees that neymar is holding his arm as a barrier (and realises that he is not going to swing it, and therefore no danger to his health), and runs straight through it. to make it seem as bad an offense as he possibly can.

I thought you were asking for more details on the incident so I attached the gif.

But now I see we are in disagreement ;). It's a red for me by the letter of the law, why is his arm even up there!? It was clearly premeditated.

fair enough, i think that its something a lot of players do in prep for a header, had it been against someone other than modric the arm would still have been there but it would have been chest height and no one would have notice it

Not a red for me. They are both looking at each other. 0.1 seconds later Neymar lifts his arm to protect himself (he always does this as he is a short, light player) the same as Modric does against bigger players... but because Modric is tiny as well he took it in the throat and it looks bad.
He needed to lift his arm to protect himself from Modric, who he saw coming? I don't think it was a swinger, but it's a forearm to the chops. There was no way the ref was going to send off the golden child, but I'd bet if roles were reversed Big Phil would've been waving his cards and Modders would've been trudging off.

The penalty was incredibly soft, football isn't a non-contact sport (allegedly). If that'd been given against Spurs we'd be in uproar.

yh i agree. i think modric sees that neymar is holding his arm as a barrier (and realises that he is not going to swing it, and therefore no danger to his health), and runs straight through it. to make it seem as bad an offense as he possibly can.

You would say that. :)

My thoughts as well. In isolation, the contentious calls were bad but not obscene. Put together it looks worse. Croats can feel aggrieved that they got the rough end but it's hardly anything were not used to by now. There'll be worse refereeing performances over the next 4 weeks.

And probably worse refereeing performances by English, German & Italian refs. (Italian refs not bent? Ha!)

The penalty was incredibly soft, football isn't a non-contact sport (allegedly). If that'd been given against Spurs we'd be in uproar.

I still remember when Mido was sent off against Chelsea for the same thing and we were in uproar.

It's not the first time a players dived and won a free, is it?

Very mixed feelings about the game.

On one hand, very proud of the guys. The first 25min showed what this team can do. Everyone was great in their role (except i still wish Subasic was the n1 goalie). Vrsaljko did the LB job surprisingly well being a RB. Missed Mandzukic ofc.

But, you just have a feeling we were never meant to get a result. Ref mistakes are pretty common and you can't expect great refereeing quality in a WC, but at least 4 dodgy gamechanging decisions that all went against us are a tough pill to swallow. I won't comment them, enough of that all over the internet already.

What i'm scared of now is us loosing it mentally, how it usually goes after playing a good match and getting **** in return (especially for the balkan teams). This is where we'll see if Kovac has what it takes on the coaching front, mental fortitude used to be his forte and he has 6 days to pass it along to the players now.

BqBPO_sCIAAeVuN.png

Back