• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group E (Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia)

WTF?!! That WWE takedown on Mitrovic didn't go to VAR???

I can see a memo being speedily sent to all match officials and VAR assistants to watch out for incidents like this in future games.
Kane’s was fairly controversial but the one tonight was just plain farcical.

I can see a memo being speedily sent to all match officials and VAR assistants to watch out for incidents like this in future games.
Kane’s was fairly controversial but the one tonight was just plain farcical.
Kane’s was more a pen, but what made this funny is that the ref (and VAR didn’t correct him so must have agreed) gave a free kick against Mitrovic! Was incredible.

Kane’s was more a pen, but what made this funny is that the ref (and VAR didn’t correct him so must have agreed) gave a free kick against Mitrovic! Was incredible.

It's like how refs occationally penalised Crouch some years back, just because he was a giant - regardless of what opponents did to him. It was especially true in Europe, IIRC.

With Crouch all they needed to do was back into him and it looked like he was climbing on them.

The trick for the wrestlers seems to be to fall down with the player they are tackling. It makes it hard for the referee to see who started it when both players end up holding each other. Which of course is why VAR is necessary as he can look again at the start and who initiated contact.

Strangely, all the pre-tournament favourites are still struggling. It was another unconvincing performance by Brazil but at least they managed to beat Costa Rica with 2 late goals. Neymar did well to score the second goal but it was comical the way he was falling down to try to win the penalty earlier. For all their quality, Brazil still doesn't look like can go all the way to win the World Cup this time.

Really annoyed with Serbia for losing to Switzerland despite scoring first. Have always supported Serbia since the Yugoslavia days as they are always full of world class players and play attacking football. But just like the old Yugoslavia, Serbia never play to their full potential, always playing like champion in one moment and then play like school boys in the next moment. Thought they will win comfortably after scoring early but they became lazy and complacent after that. They had many chances but tried to walk the ball into the net instead of shooting. Switzerland dominated the second half and fully deserved to win. With this performance and defeat, Serbia now need a miracle to beat Brazil in their next match to progress to the Second Round.

These 2 players should be banned from football permanently or at least get banned from the World Cup as they are trying to provoke the crowd. After all, if the crowd make racist chants, their FA gets huge fine and the stadium gets closed for a few matches. Players who try to incite racial tension should get the same punishment. But doubt FIFA will take any action as UEFA and FIFA only seem to act against Russia and Serbia. When Kosovo flied drone in their Euro 2016 qualifier against Serbia, causing the match to get abandoned, they get rewarded with a 3-0 win instead. Maybe these 2 players will get rewarded with FIFA Fair Play awards and included in the FIFA World Cup team instead.

These 2 players should be banned from football permanently or at least get banned from the World Cup as they are trying to provoke the crowd. After all, if the crowd make racist chants, their FA gets huge fine and the stadium gets closed for a few matches. Players who try to incite racial tension should get the same punishment. But doubt FIFA will take any action as UEFA and FIFA only seem to act against Russia and Serbia. When Kosovo flied drone in their Euro 2016 qualifier against Serbia, causing the match to get abandoned, they get rewarded with a 3-0 win instead. Maybe these 2 players will get rewarded with FIFA Fair Play awards and included in the FIFA World Cup team instead.

Based on FIFA rules they should definitely get banned. They made clear political statements and Shaqiri has a Kosova flag on his boots. I suspect FIFA will dodge the decision, perhaps a delay on the decision until after world cup?

This is turning into the most unpredictable WC I can remember, with Germany out, Argentina lucky and basically none of the big teams looking very champion like. France and Spain have been unconvincing and Brazil can easily go out tonight too.

Of course once the knockout stages commence, the big teams still in it will likely improve, but I can see several more upsets in this WC. So far, Croatia for me is the dark horse. They've looked really good. Then there are question marks with Belgium and England - how good are they?

Looking forward to the rest of the WC now. Could this be the year we get a new team lifting the trophy, just like Leicester's PL win?

Brazil have soft Neymar like underbellies, Serbias macho men will crack them in two. Brazil to get knocked out on the same day as Germany. :D

This is turning into the most unpredictable WC I can remember, with Germany out, Argentina lucky and basically none of the big teams looking very champion like. France and Spain have been unconvincing and Brazil can easily go out tonight too.

Of course once the knockout stages commence, the big teams still in it will likely improve, but I can see several more upsets in this WC. So far, Croatia for me is the dark horse. They've looked really good. Then there are question marks with Belgium and England - how good are they?

Looking forward to the rest of the WC now. Could this be the year we get a new team lifting the trophy, just like Leicester's PL win?

Absolutely. Belgium, Croatia and England have looked the best so far, but I don't think any of them will win it.

Back