• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Women's Sport

The problem with the whole argument is by definition, if you give women equal pay in Tennis you have to in all sports otherwise that's not true equality, in fact your saying "women tennis players deserve the same as male tennis players but in other sports women can be treated differently"

Women picking selective fights are just as much of the problem....

The problem with the whole argument is by definition, if you give women equal pay in Tennis you have to in all sports otherwise that's not true equality, in fact your saying "women tennis players deserve the same as male tennis players but in other sports women can be treated differently"

Women picking selective fights are just as much of the problem....
Tennis is slightly different as they play at the same tournament. It's very easy to see that women's football is of less value than men's because the tournaments are separate and nobody turns up to watch it. Not so easy to say who turned up (or turned on the TV) for the men and who for the women.

If they played on alternate days in the same comp then there would be an easy way to show what proportion of viewers were for which sport.

Djokovic probably should have lead with an argument about playing more games per tournament than how the men's game has a wider audience. Personally that would be my stance, playing 5 sets per match every round to the final equates to a lot more time on the court. If I worked more hours in a day than someone else, then I would expect to be paid more for that day.

I bet on many, many sports but i draw the line at women, I'm not sexist but I don't put my hard earned money on anything with a menstrual cycle, goes back to the time I was betting on "bitches" at dog tracks, women in animal or human form are just too unpredictable.

Back