• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Women's Euro 2017

Daisuk

Les Medley
Starts today! Norway kicking off against hosts Holland at 1800 CET. I've quite enjoyed the women's finals the last few years, the quality has gotten immensely better since I first watched women's football in the 90's. The tournament in 2011 was excellent, way more exciting than the boring men's finals in 2010.

Looking forward to some competitive football on TV again. :) Now, bring on the inevitable jokes ...

Quality of the womens game has been improving rapidly over the past couple of years.
Also a shout out for womens cricket!

Germany just did a clever corner kick move. Lots of great movement setting up a good chance, but poor finish in the end. Germany looking like the best side of the tournament so far.

I'm pro equality and would support equal pay and coverage for women's sports

However I do find women's football particularly boring. It's just way too slow and they don't kick the ball hard enough. I think it might benefit from being played on smaller (9-a-side) pitches.

In contrast women's rugby is exceptional to watch - for me that was the highlight of the Rio Olympics.

Should not have the vote or be allowed to drive.

Playing football, dear GHod you will tell me we will have a female prime minister next...

I've watched a few matches this week with my 65 year old dad. He's old school, like many of you, and I've noticed how he criticises every single mistake the female players does, and comments something about it being because they're weak and women or whatever. He doesn't criticise nearly as much when watching the men, but now, every single stray pass is just proof women shouldnt be playing.

It's not like watching the premier league, but it's good entertainment, and quite a few players are excellent. I'd imagine a few of these women would've made it in the mens leagues had their physiques been stronger.

I mean - do you only watch the heavy weights of boxing? These are the best within one category of humans, and it's interesting and entertaining to watch, in my opinion. :)

I've watched a few matches this week with my 65 year old dad. He's old school, like many of you, and I've noticed how he criticises every single mistake the female players does, and comments something about it being because they're weak and women or whatever. He doesn't criticise nearly as much when watching the men, but now, every single stray pass is just proof women shouldnt be playing.

It's not like watching the premier league, but it's good entertainment, and quite a few players are excellent. I'd imagine a few of these women would've made it in the mens leagues had their physiques been stronger.

I mean - do you only watch the heavy weights of boxing? These are the best within one category of humans, and it's interesting and entertaining to watch, in my opinion. :)
I think largely it's a backlash of some quarters continuously comparing the financial aspects with men so the counter is to compare quality.

IMHO both the game and finances should be totally viewed on their own merits.

I'm pro equality and would support equal pay and coverage for women's sports

However I do find women's football particularly boring. It's just way too slow and they don't kick the ball hard enough. I think it might benefit from being played on smaller (9-a-side) pitches.

In contrast women's rugby is exceptional to watch - for me that was the highlight of the Rio Olympics.

probably football (in general) not being a particularly exciting sport contributes to this

I've played against a team made up of England women players in a 6-a-side tournament a few years ago. They beat us 4-0 and were good players, but 6-a-side is all about technique and no physicality.

No one watched England put Scotland to the sword yesterday? 6-0! Played some really good football too.

Norway lost again to Belgium and only have a theoretical chance of advancing now. Been tinkle poor, really, so don't deserve it. Denmark and Netherlands have both looked much better.

No one watched England put Scotland to the sword yesterday? 6-0! Played some really good football too.

Norway lost again to Belgium and only have a theoretical chance of advancing now. Been tinkle poor, really, so don't deserve it. Denmark and Netherlands have both looked much better.

Yeah watched England ladies have a practice match verses Scotland :)

They were so much better than thier opponents.......Spain next:eek:

What channel is showing it? Normally the Beeb will show anything women's football but I've not noticed it on.

Back