• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wisdom teeth removal

Had one out that took 45 mins - dentist said it was one of the toughest they ever had to do. It was actually quite fun. Very intense.

One before that got infected after being taken out - I can tell you that an infection there is one of the worst feeling I have ever experienced. Was on strong painkillers and they barely had an effect! Went back to the dentist and got stronger antibiotics which kicked in straight away.

I have a private dentist in St Albans I would highly recommend - £150 ish for one removal and you get a text the next morning to see how you are. Then one/ two follow up appnts to check the healing process.
Don't know how that compares in general- but I'm happy with the service.

as my dentist explained to me, when they come out the gums relax

it's possible I'm just incredibly manly ;-) but if you have discomfort now it's likely the pressure of the wisdoms that is causing that, yeah you have a big hole in the gum line but it soon heals up

I'll repeat the caveat though, I had both my top ones out, maybe bottom ones are different
I had to get my bottom ones out, and they made me get the top ones out too. They said that without the top ones, the bottom ones would just keep growing so both top & bottom had to come out at once. So interested to hear you only have the top ones out.

I still have my bottom 2, one hasn't broken the gum and the other isn't level with the rest of my teeth yet

Ok so I have an appointment booked on Friday to take them out.

I got referred to a clinic that accepts NHS patients so apparently it will cost me £50 to take both out.

Both bottom teeth have grown out, not hitting against any other teeth which i a good thing I guess. What confused me is that the dentist said that they would give me an IV to "relax" plus a local anesthetic in gums and then they would remove the teeth. He also said that i probably wouldn't remember the procedure even though I would be conscious..that didn't make any sense to me. Why isn't it enough with local anesthetic if it's a pretty straight forward procedure?

Anyway, I'm bricking my pants, I hate dentists.

I used to, I didn't go for about 20 years then I cracked a molar and had to, my dentist is great, the fact that she is incredibly attractive helps as well, I'm a regular now

Back