• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wiltshire and who should play for England comments

The liberal PC movement will have nothing compared to the dollars attached to the Olympics and World Cup. Bugger all chance of them being cancelled so a bunch of sillies don't get offended.

I think both are same situations. Nowdays, don't think any countries are going to turn down the chance to include a good player in their squad even if he is not born in that country. Situations like that of Senna has become a common issue in all the sports now. I think the Americans have been doing that since the 1960s, luring Eastern European sportsmen to play for them. This issue has only become common in football for the last 10 years or so. I think you are going to lose out if you continue with the old nationality issues.

I gave a reason why I think the situations aren't the same. You haven't really given a reason why the situations are the same.

You're wrong about countries not turning down the chance to include good players, at least at this point in time. Exemplified by the home nations agreement that has been much discussed recently, for example here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24451081

^ Arteta and Cudicini being two obvious examples of players which England could have persued in the past for the national team, but never

the problem with his comments are in the context on the state of the national team. If England were playing with the confidence as other countries such as Belgium, the Netherlands etc - then we wouldn't care - however it looks like England need allot of help - so if good players can be taken by the England team, and we think these guys can contribute and make a difference, then they should be.

Back