• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilson Palacios

Kandi1977

Terry Dyson
Wilson Palacios will today complete one year without playing a football match. Quite incredible!
He was great at Wigan and in his first season with us. Never was the same again after his brother went missing and then found dead.

He was reported missing, then confirmed kidnapped, and when you get murdered, your pretty much dead, right?

I think a lot of his good spell with us was while his brother was missing.

Then you had the story about how he waited up all night so he could tell 'Arry that he had to go when they found the body. I found this just made the whole story more tragic as even at that time he was thinking of others.

All the time in the world for Palacios.

Hope he gets out of Stoke sooner rather than later. Perhaps a somewhat smaller league would be better for him.

palaciou-2_zpssbru5vs0.gif

:)

Then you had the story about how he waited up all night so he could tell 'Arry that he had to go when they found the body. I found this just made the whole story more tragic as even at that time he was thinking of others.

When I read that at the time I remember my eyes filling up, a true gentleman and on his day unstoppable.

Such a shame it fell apart after that, I sometimes think if he had continued the way he had we would've stayed in the top four for a little while longer, sadly though we'll never know.

Was a brilliant player when he first signed for us, but he never recovered from the shock of what happened to his brother.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I wish it had been different, but no one can be expected to pick up and carry on after what happened to him. Sometimes, life is just brutal and callous.

I hope he's found peace.

His brother was kidnapped in 2007. They even paid a ransom for him. He wasn't found until May 2009.

There was a Simon Reeve BBC documentary the other day about the Caribbean and a big section about the lawlessness of Honduras. Gave me a bit more insight into Wilson's background.

Football and football fans are fickle and it's a shame that his career just dropped off like it did. I think we need to choose to remember the positive first half of his Tottenham career. He was brought in to address the "soft centre" Redknapp correctly identified and was a crucial player at a precarious time.

In this modern Tottenham era it's Modric, Bale, VDV, King and now Lloris who will be considered among the all time greats. But Davids, Palacios, Parker each gave us an outstanding season or two just when we needed SOMEONE to step up.

Spot on Chicken badge! And he was exactly the type of player we are missing atm! Someone with spirit, who really steps up and fight, tackle, hustle and bustle, and generally be a real pain in the ass for the opposition.

Spot on Chicken badge! And he was exactly the type of player we are missing atm! Someone with spirit, who really steps up and fight, tackle, hustle and bustle, and generally be a real pain in the ass for the opposition.

We sold a better version of him (Sandro).

Unfortunately Sandro is merely a shadow of the player he was when we signed him. He would not have been the solution now, so selling him was right. But yes, a Sandro of old would have improved us massively.

Looked almost back to his beastly best from what I seen of the Chelsea game (admittedly only about 30 minutes though). That being said, his injury record since selling him probably tells me you're right. Such a shame, he was such a top class player when at his pre knee injury best.

There was a Simon Reeve BBC documentary the other day about the Caribbean and a big section about the lawlessness of Honduras. Gave me a bit more insight into Wilson's background.

Football and football fans are fickle and it's a shame that his career just dropped off like it did. I think we need to choose to remember the positive first half of his Tottenham career. He was brought in to address the "soft centre" Redknapp correctly identified and was a crucial player at a precarious time.

In this modern Tottenham era it's Modric, Bale, VDV, King and now Lloris who will be considered among the all time greats. But Davids, Palacios, Parker each gave us an outstanding season or two just when we needed SOMEONE to step up.
It certainly does put into perspective how trivial our first-world-problem are when you hear about the hardships that Palacios must've had to endure growing up in Honduras.

PS: I've been a fan of Simon Reeve' travel documentaries since his "Places That Don't Exist" series back in 2005, highly recommended if you haven't seen it...

BBC NEWS | Programmes | This World | Places That Don't Exist

PLACES THAT DONT EXIST: SOMALILAND (episode 1 of 5) - YouTube

Wish we had someone like them now, it would give us something we badly miss in our CM.

The murder rate among young males in the worst parts of the country is worse than in Syria and Afghanistan, according to an article I read recently. 7000 murders every year, in a country roughly with the population of Sweden.

Puts things into perspective.

Back