• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

With the attacking quality in the Chelsea team, but the lack of squad options in the back, I can’t believe Mourinho, the same Mourinho who’s bread and butter has always been not conceding, is happy to spend £30m on another forward rather than pick up some cover for Terry/Cahill/Luiz, or for Mikel/Ramirez.

If they get a couple of injuries there they’ll be really short of cover, with Essien coming back from a really long lay off. They’ve got 3 quality strikers for one spot and 7 or 8 quality am’s/wingers for 3 spots, yet only 4 CM’s (including lampard) for two spots, and three CB’s (including the ageing terry) for 4 spots. Sure Ivanovic can cover but then who do they have at full back?

My bet is Willian got to negotiations and that leach agent of his decided a quick leak to the press and a bit of hesitation would pressure us into lining his pocket to speed up the deal. But then I thought the same when they bought Oscar last summer.

I hear what you're saying...but:

They've got 3 strikers for one spot...like us.

They've got 6 attacking midfielders: Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Schurrle and Moses, with Moses rumored to be on the transfer list. We've got Chadli, Gylfi, Lennon, Bale, Townsend...maybe Holtby by defintion. That's 5-6, with Bale possibly moving on and 2 to come in return. Again, equal numbers.

They've got 5 cm's: Lampard, Ramirez, Essien, van Ginkel and Obi Mikel, although van Ginkel can also operate further up the pitch I believe. We've got Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue...Holtby, who as van Ginkel, can also play in a more advanced role. If you count Carroll, then we have to add Josh McEachran for them. Equal numbers.

CB is the only position where they're lacking. Terry, Luiz and Cahill...Ivanovic can cover and then they've got César Azpilicueta at RB. We've got Daws, Kaboom and Vertonghen with Capoue to cover I suppose. We've been actively linked with a host of CB's, but until someone comes in, that's the situation.

Very similar numbers all together, came as quite a surprise to me honestly when you compare us to them side by side like that. Think I didn't leave anyone out, but if Willian goes to Chelsea and Moses leaves, they'll have the same number of players as last year for those 3 spots. Moses got very little playing time so keeping everyone happy will be very difficult.

And I agree with your assessment regarding their defense. You'd think Jose would like to bring in a top-class CB with Terry getting up there in age.

When did Essien get injured?

He did his ACL last season right, or was that the season before? Either way i saw him on loan at the end of last season at Real and he didn't look the same player; he hasn't even got off the bench for Chelsea yet this year. Obviously he's a mourinho favorite but I can't believe he is happy to go through a season with just Lampard, Ramires, Mikel and Essien as his more 'defensive' options - if he has 30m to spend on Rooney/Willian then i'm shocked he isn't in for a long term replacement for Lampard and Essien.

This guy and his agent are just walking around London for the best deal anyway. Not what we want really is it.

He is the kind that'll want out at Christmas to go back to Brazil or russia or something.

Next.

=D>

Whatever really...I admit I was very very excited at the idea of him, but once I saw the silly buggers being played I started going luke warm...insurance LOL...as you say, if need be...NEEEXT!

He did his ACL last season right, or was that the season before? Either way i saw him on loan at the end of last season at Real and he didn't look the same player; he hasn't even got off the bench for Chelsea yet this year. Obviously he's a mourinho favorite but I can't believe he is happy to go through a season with just Lampard, Ramires, Mikel and Essien as his more 'defensive' options - if he has 30m to spend on Rooney/Willian then i'm shocked he isn't in for a long term replacement for Lampard and Essien.

Two years ago he did his ACL, tried to force his way back in Chelsea - but got loaned to RM last season. Maybe he isnt happy staying 3rd/4th/5th choice at CM in Chelsea. But still: Mourinho could think that his attacking three isnt good enough, and buy Willian. They still got covered up in defence (Ivanovic can play as a CB and RB) enough, and at CM (Lampard, Ramires, Essien, van Ginkel and Obi Mikel) to let the rest of the transfer budget go to buying Willian.

He has no control over the money or signings at the club. He can play Luiz there if he's stuck.

I hear what you're saying...but:

They've got 3 strikers for one spot...like us.

They've got 6 attacking midfielders: Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Schurrle and Moses, with Moses rumored to be on the transfer list. We've got Chadli, Gylfi, Lennon, Bale, Townsend...maybe Holtby by defintion. That's 5-6, with Bale possibly moving on and 2 to come in return. Again, equal numbers.

They've got 5 cm's: Lampard, Ramirez, Essien, van Ginkel and Obi Mikel, although van Ginkel can also operate further up the pitch I believe. We've got Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue...Holtby, who as van Ginkel, can also play in a more advanced role. If you count Carroll, then we have to add Josh McEachran for them. Equal numbers.

CB is the only position where they're lacking. Terry, Luiz and Cahill...Ivanovic can cover and then they've got César Azpilicueta at RB. We've got Daws, Kaboom and Vertonghen with Capoue to cover I suppose. We've been actively linked with a host of CB's, but until someone comes in, that's the situation.

Very similar numbers all together, came as quite a surprise to me honestly when you compare us to them side by side like that. Think I didn't leave anyone out, but if Willian goes to Chelsea and Moses leaves, they'll have the same number of players as last year for those 3 spots. Moses got very little playing time so keeping everyone happy will be very difficult.

And I agree with your assessment regarding their defense. You'd think Jose would like to bring in a top-class CB with Terry getting up there in age.

Yeah, looking at it numbers wise you're right but the age is the key for me - where we have a lot of youngsters filling out our squad in most forward positions, they have a combination of ageing players as key first team players (Terry and Lampard), and a mass of experienced attacking options who would walk into nearly any first team.

I don't know, it just seems like odd priorities to me. I hope Willian is already too sold on the idea of spurs to be tempted by the money and CL at chelsea but part of me expects him to have no say in his future.

Thats very true - I think most would feel agrieved because in the process we lost Bale and dont have that creativity. Today i think people are jumping the gun a bit as they were extremely poor opposition.

I think we will bring in four/five more players. CB, LB, Striker (young one) and a winger or two

Excellent points...agree on all...but I cannot see us allowing Bale to go without Willian, Lamela, Pajnic or even an Erickson coming in...maybe two of those four? I think if we only got one we wouldn't let him move this window...but so many things have gone on this window it's tough to tell anymore. I know Affy's all hot under the collar about the Willian ITK, but y'know, it's entirely possible the medical was done, etc, etc...in fact, if he decides to go for the money, Chelski will probably use 'that' medical as theirs LOL!!!!

Excellent points...agree on all...but I cannot see us allowing Bale to go without Willian, Lamela, Pajnic or even an Erickson coming in...maybe two of those four? I think if we only got one we wouldn't let him move this window...but so many things have gone on this window it's tough to tell anymore. I know Affy's all hot under the collar about the Willian ITK, but y'know, it's entirely possible the medical was done, etc, etc...in fact, if he decides to go for the money, Chelski will probably use 'that' medical as theirs LOL!!!!

Enough journo's reported the medical as being done including the Telegraph again today. I've no doubt it happened.

if Levy have any sense he would pull out now......the agent is trouble, walk away Dan

Gourcuff 10 mill
Eriksen 12 mill
Griezmann 21 mill
Pjanic 20 mill
Hamsik 30 mill
Ozil 35 mill

im sure Baldi has even more names

walk away Danny boy, walk away from this sh!t

if Real want Bale, they should force Ozil to join us 8-[ fcuk you Joorabchian and Wills

anyway, if it wasnt for this Anzhi firesale we wouldnt even be in for Willian...........this deal has come from nowhere and it can just disappear into nowhere.

if we wanted a playmaker 2 weeks ago, we must have had other names on the list because this guy im sure wasnt a real option. AVB shouldnt be that disappointed. He knows the agent, the history, Abramovich, Mourinho etc.....murky murky waters. We are best out of it

if Levy have any sense he would pull out now......the agent is trouble, walk away Dan

Gourcuff 10 mill
Eriksen 12 mill
Griezmann 21 mill
Pjanic 20 mill
Hamsik 30 mill
Ozil 35 mill

We dont really need a number 10 if Lamela is gonna play there.
It is Lamela's best position.

We need a top left sided player or else we will be stuck with a mix of Chadli,Siggy and Holtby out the left.

Gourcuff 10 mill
Eriksen 12 mill
Griezmann 21 mill
Pjanic 20 mill
Hamsik 30 mill
Ozil 35 mill

He's also a gooner...

like has already been said....Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Schurrle, DeBruyne, Moses and even VanGinkel.

If they want Willian too, and he wants to go there, then go ahead son

get Griezmann in !!!

anyway, if it wasnt for this Anzhi firesale we wouldnt even be in for Willian...........this deal has come from nowhere and it can just disappear into nowhere.

if we wanted a playmaker 2 weeks ago, we must have had other names on the list because this guy im sure wasnt a real option. AVB shouldnt be that disappointed. He knows the agent, the history, Abramovich, Mourinho etc.....murky murky waters. We are best out of it

Well said

We dont really need a number 10 if Lamela is gonna play there.
It is Lamela's best position.

We need a top left sided player or else we will be stuck with a mix of Chadli,Siggy and Holtby out the left.

Willian tends to float from the right, to the middle, on the left, and back again. I think AVb would have Lamela and Willian interchanging positions anyway

some of the players i have listed can also do that...Griezmann, Gourcuff, Hamsik.

I trust AVB and Baldini to find the right solution. Like i said before, Willian wasnt even an option 2 or 3 weeks ago, only the sudden firesale has made him viable. We must have alternatives if this falls through

Gosh, some of you on here are a right bunch of divas.

And all of you ****ging him off and calling him every name under the sun will be singing his praises when he signs for us tomorrow.

the vast majority are having a go at his agent and Chelsea as far as i can see.....show us all these names being hurled at Willian

Back