• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

latest willian stats

Willian: 2013/14 appearances: Four; starts: Four; goals: None; assists: Three; pass accuracy: 83.4%

Yea, but are ppl realy scared, that our board dont have control on the money?

This is one of the best run clubs in the world... why do think Levy has gone crazy and taken a leeds on Tottenham?

I can guarantee you with 1000000% certainty that Daniel Levy, aka Old Stingy Bastard, is not gonna lose control of our spending and our money. He knows excactly what he's doing.

No it isn't. It is a starting point and a hub for a discussion.

Most people on this site are not accountants. I doubt if many have even had a £50 note in their sky.

If the total cost of transfers was £100 million this summer it is likely be paid at £25 mill per year for 4 years. But the total cost is still £100 million.

The Swiss Ramble blog about ****nal's finances highlighted the complexity of football finances really well: http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/

It starts off saying how they have a £150m cash balance whereas the rest of the league combined only has £180m... then goes on to explain about stadium repayments, fixed term bonds with early payment penalties, how they have reinvested 1% of cash flow into the transfer market, more ups and downs than a rollercoaster

E.g. "they have made an incredible £190 million of profits in the last five years. In fact, the last time that the club made a loss was a decade ago in 2002. This is virtually unparalleled in the cutthroat world of professional football........However, the headline figures do not tell the whole story, as much of this excellent performance has been down to profits from player sales (e.g. £65 million in 2011/12) and property development (e.g. £13 million in 2010/11). Excluding those once-off factors would mean that ****nal actually made losses in the last two years: £4 million in 2010/11 and an apparently worrying £31 million in 2011/12."

I know where you are coming from when you look at the net transfer fees in and out over several years, but it is like measuring someone's fitness just by weighing them.

Can't see this being announced until AVB arrives back tomorrow.

I predict at some point tonight

no press conference, no big deal, just like with the rest of our signings

low key seems to be the way

from the Tiblisi presser

3:16 pm
AVB is asked again about Willian - and the contribution of technical director Franco Baldini:

"I can't really confirm anything regarding Willian. There is interest in the player and there have been conversations.

Franco is a massive appointment for Tottenham. Someone I wanted last year and it wasn't possible then.

"He has massive experience Real Madrid, Roma and the FA. He is one of the best technical directors there is."

3:13 pm
AVB is asked about the possible signings of Willian, Erik Lamela and Fabio Coentrao.

He said: "None of the names you have mentioned have signed for Spurs. I have answered about Willian in the past - not only time with Tottenham but also Chelsea.

"All the players are great, great players.

"On the players that are here, we are moving forward. We are not only trimming the squad but adding tremendous talent.

"I think we can become very, very strong regards to last season. It depends what deals we are able to conclude before the end of the market. We are looking to be stronger than before."

ssn yellow ticker ....Willian having medical at Tottenham....

'bake my tits and throw in some candlesticks'

Back