• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who's your Second team you follow

AC Milan stemming from Channel 4 Italian football days. Finally went San Siro in August.

South Korea is my (only) international team I drew them in my school sweepstake in 1990.

I used to take an interest in Norwich, which harks back to the 80s when we seemed to send a lot of our players their way.
And for some unknown reason, Fulham, as an alternative London club.
Now it's just Spurs.

Waterford FC. Joint first team really as they’re my hometown team. Season ticket holder.

They haven’t won a big trophy since 1980 and got relegated via a playoff a couple of years ago when we sacked our manager 3-4 days before the play off.

So the underachievement and misery ties in real well with Spurs.

If I’m looking in the Premier League, probably Everton.

I used to take an interest in Norwich, which harks back to the 80s when we seemed to send a lot of our players their way.
And for some unknown reason, Fulham, as an alternative London club.
Now it's just Spurs.

I would say I have a number of teams that I "look out for" and Norwich are one of them. The firm I've worked at for 13 years has a big office in Norwich and I've spent a lot of time there so I always look out for their results and have been to a fair few games. Charlton, Sheff Weds, Orient all due to mates too.

whoever is heavily rebuilding and pushing for glory with young players - last two seasons it was arsenal, next season will be chelsea.

not Emirates Marketing Project or real or barca - they don't really take a lot of risks

also keeping tabs on wrexham for a different apporach that their actor owners have employed

Is that joke that has gone over my head?

Used to go and watch Luton as a kid, simply because I couldn’t get down to WHL. I like to see them do well but to be honest I don’t really look for their results. However, I can’t stand Watford, so some of it must have rubbed off!

Used to go and watch Luton as a kid, simply because I couldn’t get down to WHL. I like to see them do well but to be honest I don’t really look for their results. However, I can’t stand Watford, so some of it must have rubbed off!

Almost the direct opposite, growing up in Hemel Hempstead, I used to get taken to Watford quite a bit, and have a few family members and good friends that are big Watford fans, went to Luton a few times but never really connected with it. Had a couple of school friends that played first team for Watford too.

So in response to the original post in the thread, I always keep an eye on Watford results, but as much as they are the local team to where I live, other teams I keep an eye on their results are Hemel Hempstead Town and St Albans City.

St Albans City for me - loved going to Clarence Park in the 90s, always loads of Prem teams played pre season, inc Spurs. And our reserves played there.

And London Conley - but thats really pushing the boundaries! Not even sure I know what division Colney are in anymore.

The O's and Charlton, when first got a job I'd go to any game in London to see a particular player when we were away. I never got to see John Charles or Tom Finney (my dad's favourite)

Ards FC of the Irish Championship. Followed them home and away for years before my second move to England. They are as consistently inconsistent as Spurs.

Had a soft spot for Saudi Sportswashing Machine before the take-over, having lived there for 5 years and gone to a good few games at the old St James’s Park in the late 80s and early 90s.

Waterford FC. Joint first team really as they’re my hometown team. Season ticket holder.

They haven’t won a big trophy since 1980 and got relegated via a playoff a couple of years ago when we sacked our manager 3-4 days before the play off.

So the underachievement and misery ties in real well with Spurs.

If I’m looking in the Premier League, probably Everton.

My Mum was from Wexford…from a small town near Duncannon…

Back