• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who should we sell?

Priority outgoings

• Adebayor

Votes: 70 89.7%
  • Capoue

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • Chiriches

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Dembele

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Kaboul

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • Lamela

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Lennon

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Paulinho

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Soldado

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Townsend

Votes: 16 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No idea what goes on behind closed doors but they may be considered squad players rather than first team. They offer a particular type of game (waits for Sold-a-dud jokes) - and I'd hope would suit particular opposition. I have to be honest that I like Bobby and can see there is something there but can also understand why some do lose patience. Not getting regular game-time and our current formation probably doesn't help...

I think we could have done with Azza a few times towards the tail end of the season (and he was my fave player) but perhaps Poch didn't see a long-term gain...

Dembele I really like and really want him to succeed; he's unique in his physical strength/hold up play but there are concerns (reading this forum) regarding is mental strength or confidence and his slowing of play.

For me; my priority would be supporting whatever Poch sees as correct and fitting into what he wants to do. If that means selling players then so be it.

I agree with trusting and supporting Pochettino.

Pochettino has indicated that he would like us to do significant business in the summer though. And a lot of these players have not even been trusted when we've had fixture congestion and 20-22 year old kids playing 5 games in a couple of weeks. What is their role as squad players next season going to be?

To fund new transfers, clear some of our wage budget, and quite simply make room in our squad I think we have to look to offload a significant number of these players. To be able to support Pochettino when he says we want to get some incoming transfers in place.

Lamela is well worth another season.

I think Townsend too. The enormous strides Rose in particular made this season (compared to his previous level) is proof of what a bit of faith and a some coaching can do.

I'd keep both Lamela and Townsend, but then throw Pritchard and a new LWF (say Ayew or Rodriguez) in to freshen up the whole AM.

Out of those, Lamela is probably the only one we should definitely keep. I wouldn't mind keeping Dembele and Lennon either, but doesn't look likely. And although I don't have too high hopes for Townsend, he's a local lad, and we should keep him too. If the right offer came in though ...

Out of those, Lamela is probably the only one we should definitely keep. I wouldn't mind keeping Dembele and Lennon either, but doesn't look likely. And although I don't have too high hopes for Townsend, he's a local lad, and we should keep him too. If the right offer came in though ...

I think Lamela, Dembele, Lennon are the best keep options. Lennon/Dembele as squad players.

You can't keep Lamela/Townsend, makes no sense, both at this stage of their career need to play/start, same role/position and likely we will buy competition for that spot as well. Poch needs to make a choice.

The better view would be to look at it position by position

You can't keep Lamela/Townsend, makes no sense, both at this stage of their career need to play/start, same role/position and likely we will buy competition for that spot as well. Poch needs to make a choice.

The better view would be to look at it position by position

I'd say the opposite. Let them start the season as equal and let them fight it out - the best man wins. It would be like Lennon and Routledge in c.2004.

The alternative is to bring in a significantly superior player (which we won't be able to find in our budget) or a clear understudy (in which case you are downgrading).

The position we need to buy in is LWF, because Chadli is our only option there.

I think Townsend too. The enormous strides Rose in particular made this season (compared to his previous level) is proof of what a bit of faith and a some coaching can do.

I'd keep both Lamela and Townsend, but then throw Pritchard and a new LWF (say Ayew or Rodriguez) in to freshen up the whole AM.

For me Rose and Kane have been our two stars this season, Rose has improved immensely, not sure about Townsend but I would keep Lamela because its obvious he wants to succeed and his work rate and attitude are first class, got a mate who watches the Bees and he raves about Pritchard.

I'd say the opposite. Let them start the season as equal and let them fight it out - the best man wins. It would be like Lennon and Routledge in c.2004.

The alternative is to bring in a significantly superior player (which we won't be able to find in our budget) or a clear understudy (in which case you are downgrading).

The position we need to buy in is LWF, because Chadli is our only option there.

we did that this season, neither man won .. and its hurt us badly, time for Poch to make a call.

not sure re LW, Chadli does a job there, Eriksen can cover if required, if we brought Pritchard in, you would have options, cover for Chadli/Eriksen.

Can we start another thread where you get 10 votes?
In all seriousness, I think Lamela and Townsend should be given another season as they are still young. I like Soldado, but we should sell him for his benefit as much as ours. I'd like to see him go back to Spain and finish his career on a high, rather than being ruined by us.

Excuse me?!! Ruined by us? What a total load of bull!!! Are you joking? Did we in some way put a hex on him when he was one on one with the Fiorentina keeper? Did we suddenly put a mist in front of his eyes when he had chance after chance in front of gaping goals and fluffed his lines, over and over again??

The guy is simply not good enough; another Rebrov

Sell Chiriches, Ade , Soldado , Paulinho , Mason , Townsend , Kaboul , Davies , Capoue , Lennon.

Excuse me?!! Ruined by us? What a total load of bull!!! Are you joking? Did we in some way put a hex on him when he was one on one with the Fiorentina keeper? Did we suddenly put a mist in front of his eyes when he had chance after chance in front of gaping goals and fluffed his lines, over and over again??

The guy is simply not good enough; another Rebrov
I think that is a bit of an insult to Rebrov.... Rebrov scored 13 goals in his first season with Spurs. He was a far better player than Soldado is.

I didn't vote for him because I want us to focus on getting rid of the players I think is a disruptive influence. Kaboul, capoue and ade does more harm being around the place than good. For all his faults, i think soldado trains hard and get along well with poch and the players.

It's not that I want him to stay, he's just not high up on my list of prioritys to get rid.

I don't think you have quite grasped what the poll is asking

Oh I can understand the words priority outgoings nicely, thank you very much.

Getting rid of a loser is a big priority for me, especially one likely to have one of the highest wages in the club. I would actually propose that he is a bigger selling priority than Adebayor,

Getting rid of a loser is a big priority for me, especially one likely to have one of the highest wages in the club. I would actually propose that he is a bigger selling priority than Adebayor,

So you understood that the poll results didn't indicate that 49.1% believe we should keep Soldado? Why then the flabbergastation?

:D where's the foo fighters everlong style face palm when you need it ;)

Back