• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who should we sell?

Priority outgoings

• Adebayor

Votes: 70 89.7%
  • Capoue

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • Chiriches

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Dembele

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Kaboul

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • Lamela

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Lennon

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Paulinho

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Soldado

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Townsend

Votes: 16 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh I can understand the words priority outgoings nicely, thank you very much.

Getting rid of a loser is a big priority for me, especially one likely to have one of the highest wages in the club. I would actually propose that he is a bigger selling priority than Adebayor,

Despite him making a lot less than said Adebayor?

So you understood that the poll results didn't indicate that 49.1% believe we should keep Soldado? Why then the flabbergastation?

49.1% don't believe that a 30mill striker who has been a complete flop, and has been clearly a fish out of water since his first game in our colours, should not be among the top 5 outgoings that we need to get rid of in the summer. Especially when keeping him will mean that we are unlikely to afford a decent striker to supplement Kane. That is flabbergasting to me!

We play with one upfront; therefore we only have places for two strikers (with a third ideally an up and coming youngster, as Kane was at the beginning of the season). Therefore I see getting rid of Soldado and Adebayor as the major priorities far more important than Capoue, Kaboul and Chiriches.

BTW where is this Flabber Gas Station you mention? :p

Last edited:
I'd consider selling any of them apart from Vert, lloris and Kane.

That seems a bit radical, especially considering their age and potential... Realistically I cannot see more than 6 - 8 outgoings and even that - considering that Levy will try to squeeze every cent from them - would be a phenomenal achievement.

That seems a bit radical, especially considering their age and potential... Realistically I cannot see more than 6 - 8 outgoings and even that - considering that Levy will try to squeeze every cent from them - would be a phenomenal achievement.

Friedel, Khumalo, Ceballos, Holtby, Lennon and Carroll are presumably already gone, so that's 6 before we even start trying to actively sell the other 7 odd unwanted.

Why should we presume Carroll is gone? He'd be a very good addition to our squad at zero cost. Bring in one top CM, sell Dembele, Capoue and possibly Paulinho and get Alli a PL loan.

Why should we presume Carroll is gone? He'd be a very good addition to our squad at zero cost. Bring in one top CM, sell Dembele, Capoue and possibly Paulinho and get Alli a PL loan.

Yeah, seems premature considering what happened with Mason last summer...

Decent chance that Carroll will be given a chance to impress in the pre-season at the very least.

Who can we sell is the question? We can be flexible as we have so many similar level players. We should be able to see who gets interest from our 'willing to sell list' - which is probably quite extensive.

We might not see Paulinho and Soldado sold for example. If a decent offer comes in then great, if not they can be part of a squad next season.

Last edited:

The numbers just don't work.

Since he was the great white hope 3 seasons ago, Mason and Bentaleb have come through and Winks and Alli are waiting in the wings, and all seem/are expected to be better than Carroll.

He's been poor at Swansea too tbt

All of the above are probably available at the right price, bar Lamela who I don't think Poch would want sold. I'd also personally keep Paulinho, and Dembele if Poch started playing him in one of the more advanced positions again....

Our starting 11 and the new kids coming through. It's only really our bench that sucks.
Don't know mate, I'd get rid of Verts, his heart isn't in it plus he's looked awful this year. Also Fazio, Mason, Chadli can be put on the transfer market for me (If Fazio is deemed a starter). Think we need to upgrade on Bentaleb too but I wouldn't sell him.

I'd actually sell Lloris too, just out of respect for him as he's put in 3 years and deserves to play for a top club and not with the losers he's playing with week in week out.

Who should we sell,I think it would be easier to say who we should keep. I do enjoying reading all the posts and I don't often get involved but the squad has got me so annoyed I need to speak out .
We need to keep Hugo , our only world class performer .( we can excuse yesterday )
.................... Dier, As a centre half I think he looks to have potential.
.................... Rose, I have so changed my opinion on him the past year .
.................... Yedlin. Needs his chance
.................... Lamela, maybe this will be controversial but I actually think he is a class above any of our midfielders , I think he sees thinks quicker than the rest , his movement is good and the others are not on his wavelength .
.................Eriksen .. This has me 50/50 , has really disappointed after a good start to the season
And that would be my lot.

I hope I'm wrong I really really do but I worry that Kane might be a one season wonder. If a club offered £30/40m would I accept the sale, I think I would . As I said I really hope I'm proved wrong but we all are allowed are opinions and I feel I might just have saw Harry's best .

Oh sure :rolleyes:

Yesterday was the best confirmation of what you are saying...

We fail because we turnover players so much. Hundreds have come and gone through the ENIC years.

We've finally got a core of resilient, technical players who bleed navy and white. We need to patiently back them.

Trying to be a 3rd rate Chelsea or City won't get us anywhere. We've got to do this differently. Organically - through homegrown teamspirit and promoting from the academy.

If we buy lots of players this summer, they won't settle and Poch will be sacked by xmas. We've seen this so many times in the past its beyond me people want to repeat the same mistakes again.

That's not even an exaggeration! We are abysmal.
Yip and Levy and Baldini collect a handsome wage. I'd imagine Lewis must have a few concerns. Perhaps this is why he is rumored to want out.
Good to see one of the best training centers in the world wasn't just a comfortable place for them to swim and play video games.

Back