• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who do we miss more...

GLENROYID

Ruel Fox
Luka Modric or Rafa Van Der Vaart?

Whilst Modric was one of the finest players to ever wear a spurs shirt, im definitely edging towards Rafa.

The CAM/CF role has become problematic since Rafa has left, whereas Dembele and Sandro have built an extremely promising partnership at CM.

Not only this, but we look like a team lacking 10 goals too. Id love to see a stat for how many times Rafa opened the scoring for us too, and how early on in the game he scored.

But most importantly, i miss his spirit, passion and the heart he brought to the team. At times this season we have looked soulless, and i put that down to selling Rafa.

I always thought that rafa was a luxury. He flitted in and out of games and was capable of creating something special. However to say we miss him suggests he made us tick which he didn't. For me it's modric we miss the most.

Those two have gone and the player we're missing most now is Dembele. He completes that midfield which hasn't looked quite the same with Hudd playing alongside Sandro.

--------Sandro---Modric--------

Lennon------Dembele--------Bale

:cry:

The only consolation is that if Modric stayed, we definitely wouldn't have gone for Dembele.

Would have been good to see how we play with Modric in this team. Forgetting results, performances have generally been poor, especially compared to last season. Would be good to know if losing Modric is the reason, or whether the players haven't taken to the new system.

But then again Dembele has been quite good, while VDVs place in the team has been taken by players that haven't done as well. Long term we shouldn't miss VDV if we stop relying on individual moments to score goals, however VDV would pop up with unexpected goals so he would probably be useful at the moment.

I think Dembele has more or else helped us forget Modric. But we still lacks the VDV type player who can get us 10-15 league goals a season. Just can't see Sigurdson or Dempsey getting us more than 5 league goals. In fact, will be very surprised if Sigurdson score a league goal at all this season. He looks very clumsy in front of goal.

i'm biased...i know modric is a good player but i've always felt that all in - the emotions, swagger and the big goals when it mattered - VDV was always #1 for me.

------------------ Lloris -----------------
Walker - Kaboul - Caulker - Verts
--------- Dembele - Modric ----------
Lennon --------- VDV ---------- Bale
---------------- Adebayor --------------

/dies

I agree with the opening post. This season so far we have missed RvdV more. Its the position where we we would be most improved.

But Modric would be the answer if the question was which player would have been better to keep. He was always integral to our play. If we'd still signed Dembele, a midfield of Dembele, Sandro and Modric in a 4-3-3 could have been excellent and more than compensated for the loss of RvdV. Moutinho instead of Modric still could, although I think that ship has sailed.

Thinking about, Dembele makes the loss of either quite manageable. Its the loss of both that has been so disruptive. We really should have made more effort to keep RvdV for another year. Its the same mistake Wenger made in letting Nasri go at the same time as Fabregas.

I think Dembele has more or else helped us forget Modric. But we still lacks the VDV type player who can get us 10-15 league goals a season. Just can't see Sigurdson or Dempsey getting us more than 5 league goals. In fact, will be very surprised if Sigurdson score a league goal at all this season. He looks very clumsy in front of goal.

Dempsey scored 23 times for Fulham last season but you cant see him scoring more than 5 goals playing for a far better team, ok then

Modric is the better player but we've replaced him better than we've replaced Rafa, so I'd rather have Raf right now I think.

Modric was excellent, but I had a man-crush on VDV. Miss him dearly. :( Such a quality player.

Rafa! We miss his goals and assists, especially at home. Dembele can do modric's job alright but siggy has not replaced VDV yet.

Rafa, I think Dembele has the potential to be a better player than Modric. I´m not worried though, last two games were pretty horrible but we were missing our two best players. I think when january comes, we have to go all out for a world class CB.

Back