• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which three countries being eliminated at the group stages would benefit Spurs the most ?

seaside spur

Scott Parker
As per the title.
Which three countries going out at the group stages would be most beneficial to us ?
Name only three.
Be interesting to see the most / least popular choices.

The only thing I would say with Uruguay is that Bentancur is suspended for the first game back anyway so maybe more important Holbjerg comes back earlier and fresh and Uruguay go deeper into the tournament than Denmark.

The only thing I would say with Uruguay is that Bentancur is suspended for the first game back anyway so maybe more important Holbjerg comes back earlier and fresh and Uruguay go deeper into the tournament than Denmark.

Fair point. Will be interesting to see whether Conte uses the squad more when back given the work load for some players - CM being one of the obvious positions

France, England and you would assume Brazil are already through. Of the other seven countries that effect us, Son, Hojbjerg and Bentancur could probably do with rest more than Davies, Romero, Sarr and Perisic. So I'll go Korea, Denmark and Uruguay.

Yeah I started the thread a bit late.
I wouldn't mind seeing Romero back early so he can rest and sort out his injury (s) and get back to his best.
Although if he doesn't have any injuries then playing a few games might sharpen him up.

Hmm. Fairly obvious, but England, Argentina and Croatia, to have Kane, Romero and Perisic back ASAP (and Dier, I guess, but he's been benched so far for England). Hojbjerg, I feel like he desperately needs a break, but we do have good cover now in Biss, so it isn't crippling. Losing Kane, Romero or Perisic, though, would be.

Conversely, Brazil and France going far would help us - gets some confidence back in Lloris after a terrible start to the season for us, and might help Richy stake his claim for a starting spot over Sonny.

Hmm. Fairly obvious, but England, Argentina and Croatia, to have Kane, Romero and Perisic back ASAP (and Dier, I guess, but he's been benched so far for England). Hojbjerg, I feel like he desperately needs a break, but we do have good cover now in Biss, so it isn't crippling. Losing Kane, Romero or Perisic, though, would be.

Conversely, Brazil and France going far would help us - gets some confidence back in Lloris after a terrible start to the season for us, and might help Richy stake his claim for a starting spot over Sonny.

... or Kane.

Fair point. Will be interesting to see whether Conte uses the squad more when back given the work load for some players - CM being one of the obvious positions
Really can’t see Conte changing - there will likely be about two weeks between when the likes of Denmark getting knocked out and the next Premier League game. Conte will perceive Hojberg to of had a mini break:D….

Really can’t see Conte changing - there will likely be about two weeks between when the likes of Denmark getting knocked out and the next Premier League game. Conte will perceive Hojberg to of had a mini break:D….

The additional problem for that first game back is Bentancur is suspended for that accumulation of yellows. So actually, maybe it would be better for Denmark to be knocked out now since Hojbjerg will likely play that game with Bissouma.

The additional problem for that first game back is Bentancur is suspended for that accumulation of yellows. So actually, maybe it would be better for Denmark to be knocked out now since Hojbjerg will likely play that game with Bissouma.

I expect Biss and Skipp are already drilling heavily for that game.

I’d rather Richarlison back more than Son, Son has taken his Spurs form to the world cup.

Agreed.

Think for players that haven't been at their best a great World Cup could potentially do them good.

You would assume with Portugal in their group that either Son or Bentancur will be heading home soon. Although I wouldn't mind Portugal losing to both and going out instead!

Looks like both Son and Bentancur might well befree from world cup duties by the end of this week!

Looks like both Son and Bentancur might well befree from world cup duties by the end of this week!

Bentancur probably could do with a breather. So many games, so much running.

Not sure what Son needs. A breather, a chance to play himself back to form. He sure needs something though.

Not sure what Son needs. A breather, a chance to play himself back to form. He sure needs something though.
I wonder if he's put too much pressure on himself being the poster boy for South Korea and for the world cup? Think a few matches from the bench would really help him as Richarlison would be better suited to the attrition nature of the first half and a fresh Son would have more space and more touches as the game opens up in the 2nd.
Bentancur gets an extra game off when they do start again through suspension so this may work out as a nice (and deserved) winter break for him!

He's clearly not comfortable with a full mask in the heat of Qatar.
Constantly fiddling with it.
Wondering how long he has to wear the mask for ?

Back