• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where and how did you meet your partner?

Daisuk

Les Medley
Seeing as I'm single for the first time in almost 14 years: where did you guys meet your current partner? How did it happen? I met my ex through a friend while at a pub, but I imagine it must be easier to meet new people over the internet now. Is Tinder any good? A fair share of my friends have met their partners through Tinder, although it has a bad rep for being a sort of one night stand thing. I've never tried it.

It's all a bit too soon for me to go looking for a new woman just yet, but eventually I will be wanting to do so, so just wanted to hear about your experiences, maybe find some inspiration. :)

Homebase
She worked with my mum before going to Uni
The uniform was awful
But she had big jugs (I’m easily pleased)
that was 23 years ago

Last edited:
Went to Thailand and randomly met a girl in the que at 7 eleven, who I somehow ended up hanging around with. She took me to party in Bangkok and introduced me to some of her friends. One of those is now my wife.
And before anyone ask, no, none of them were bar girls.

I have a friend that I've known since for as long as I can remember, before we even went to school.
Our siblings were also pretty friendly and we all hung out together.
Anyway my friend is a female BTW, so one night after my friend and her elder sister had got a severe earwigging about the mess in their bedroom the three of us began to tidy the room, mainly because we were skint and had no money to go on the lash, and under my friends bed I found a picture of the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.
The picture disappeared in mysterious circumstances.
I asked my friend who she was, all casual like, and she said it was a girl from her college class.
About a year later my friend has a 21st party and invited her college friends, I asked the girl in the picture up to dance and 35 years later we're still together.
And I still have the picture.

I have a friend that I've known since for as long as I can remember, before we even went to school.
Our siblings were also pretty friendly and we all hung out together.
Anyway my friend is a female BTW, so one night after my friend and her elder sister had got a severe earwigging about the mess in their bedroom the three of us began to tidy the room, mainly because we were skint and had no money to go on the lash, and under my friends bed I found a picture of the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.
The picture disappeared in mysterious circumstances.
I asked my friend who she was, all casual like, and she said it was a girl from her college class.
About a year later my friend has a 21st party and invited her college friends, I asked the girl in the picture up to dance and 35 years later we're still together.
And I still have the picture.
That’s a screenplay , if you fancy writing it.

That’s a screenplay , if you fancy writing it.

I’m picturing the wedding day horror of the clashing with the day Spurs are in the champions league final to win the treble only for the opposition, perhaps Arsenal, being disqualified for corruption.

Then the Spurs team turning up at the hotel with all the cups and bearing Glasgow and his wife aloft through the streets and the friend seen holding hands at the end with Daniel Levy.

Seeing as I'm single for the first time in almost 14 years: where did you guys meet your current partner? How did it happen? I met my ex through a friend while at a pub, but I imagine it must be easier to meet new people over the internet now. Is Tinder any good? A fair share of my friends have met their partners through Tinder, although it has a bad rep for being a sort of one night stand thing. I've never tried it.

It's all a bit too soon for me to go looking for a new woman just yet, but eventually I will be wanting to do so, so just wanted to hear about your experiences, maybe find some inspiration. :)
If you're going to use a dating app Hinge is by far and away the best one to use, Tinder can serve a purpose and to be honest the same people are on multiple dating apps anyway but most people agree that Hinge is the best.

And whilst you might not feel ready for a new partner, I'd recommend you go on the apps now anyway just to get used to it and in the flow of chatting to women and get comfortable with it all. And who knows, you often find you meet someone when you least expect it/arent really looking for it. Either way, good luck with it all....

If you're going to use a dating app Hinge is by far and away the best one to use, Tinder can serve a purpose and to be honest the same people are on multiple dating apps anyway but most people agree that Hinge is the best.

And whilst you might not feel ready for a new partner, I'd recommend you go on the apps now anyway just to get used to it and in the flow of chatting to women and get comfortable with it all. And who knows, you often find you meet someone when you least expect it/arent really looking for it. Either way, good luck with it all....

Nice! Never heard of that before. Thanks! And thanks a lot. I'm gonna need it I think, dating seems completely foreign to me now.

@glasgowspur wow! That's a beautiful story. :)

Short version: First time I met my wife was in our kitchen.

I was a journalist, interviewing her at her parents place. Her mum let me in, and called her daugther out from her room (she was 22). Everything about that day was very professional. Both were in relationships with others then.

Fast forward four years, we meet again at a party through a mutual friend. This time we're both single. And this time we discover that we like each other.

Less than two years later I propose on top of Kilimanjaro, another year and a half we marry, and a year and a half after that again, we buy her childhood home and move into the house where we first met.

Our story goes back more than 17 years now, and every day we - and our two kids - walk past that very spot where we met for the first time.

Last edited:
Short version: First time I met my wife was in our kitchen.

I was a journalist, interviewing her at her parents place. Her mum let me in, and called her daugther out from her room (she was 22). Everything about that day was very professional. Both were in relationships with others then.

Fast forward four years, we meet again at a party through a common friend. This time we're both single. And this time we discover that we like each other.

Less than two years later I propose on top of Kilimanjaro, another year and a half we marry, and a year and a half after that again, we buy her childhood home and move into the house where we first met.

Our story goes back more than 17 years now, and every day we - and our two kids - walk past that very spot where we met for the first time.
Great story! Why/What was the interview about?

Great story! Why/What was the interview about?
She had been abroad doing volunteer work in Central America for six months - not exactly breaking news, but a good story for the local newspaper I had just started working for. I got the tip from our mutual friend who also went on the same volunteering trip. Turned out pretty well in the end. :)

Met my wife at work (we've both left since), I delivered some training on a piece of inhouse technology and she attended the session. Got talking on the work IM and went for a Nandos and rest is history. This was in 2010.

I imagine it's so much harder now with more people working from home and generally going out less. A friend of mine is single and has been through all the apps and said it's always the same tedious convo's and lots of timewasters. Obviously some people are successful but he's now going to pay a local agency. They're not cheap but they guarantee you a certain number of dates and the people at least won't be timewasters.

I imagine it's so much harder now with more people working from home and generally going out less. A friend of mine is single and has been through all the apps and said it's always the same tedious convo's and lots of timewasters. Obviously some people are successful but he's now going to pay a local agency. They're not cheap but they guarantee you a certain number of dates and the people at least won't be timewasters.
I've never done it but what do you mean timewasters? You mean they just want to hook up and don't want a relationship kind've thing? The idea of online dating would scare the hell out of me but I assume it's pretty normal for a lot of people nowadays

Back