• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was Spurs' worst moment of this season ?

What was Spurs' worst moment of this season ?

• Getting trounced by Inter Milan in Europa League

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Losing to Norwich and Leeds in the Cup Competitions

• Others

• Total voters
+1. Edit: You can't tell me somebody up there doesn't like us. Fulop last year and Hughton this year. Never seen Clipboard fuming like after that game.

The QPR first few seconds goal, too

That's the thing, I can take the fact that Chelsea have been on a ridiculous run and deserve 3rd after how they've played. No qualms there. But I genuinely don't think we get the luck Arsenal do when it comes to being awarded penalties or offside goals that turn games on their head.

I understand that with our financial constraints we will always likely be in this position - for instance I think if we managed to sign Moutinho we would have waltzed ahead of Arsenal fairly comfortably - but my GHod, they don't half get the luck when they need it. For 2 seasons straight we haven't had luck on our side when we needed it while they have.

Everton away. How we threw that away I'll never know.

Losing the lead at Anfield was a low, but the match at Everton, with it being two goals in quick succession so late on was like getting kicked in the stomach...hard
An equaliser I could have got over, but to lose 2-1 was sickening.

Losing the lead at Anfield was a low, but the match at Everton, with it being two goals in quick succession so late on was like getting kicked in the stomach...hard
An equaliser I could have got over, but to lose 2-1 was sickening.

I don't think I've ever fully let my frustrations out about that match. I think it's because at the time, I totally expected something to happen. We were far too comfortable on the away ground of what was then a top 4 rival. I remember on about 87 minutes, Hudd just had the ball in the middle of the pitch with absolutely no Everton player anywhere near him despite them being a goal down. It was all too good. Too quiet. Calm before the storm kind of thing. That kind of total domination in the closing stages of a vital match at one of the hardest grounds to visit just shouldn't be happening, certainly not for us.

When the goals went in I kind of expected it. Maybe it was dulled shock and that was my way of coping but I knew that something wasn't right.

When Walker, for no reason at all, lashed the ball across the pitch v Liverpool. We were totally dominant and gave them the game. Hate to single out one player and I like Walker but that moment cost us.

This was perhaps the most pivotal moment, leading to us dropping the points that ultimately cost us and leading to the wobble against Inter and Fulham. We were flying up to then and who knows how a confident team could have continued. But that is all hindsight.

The following was the most disappointing, the moment I felt the CL was gone and the fates would conspire again. It was a minor version of the CL final last year, except this time the hope was still dangling like a carrot in front of a donkey for the rest of the season.

Honestly for me it was Arsenals game against Norwich at home. We needed them to drop points at some point in the run in and this looked like being it, Norwich were a goal up and looking comfortable, Arsenal looker laboured and had run out of ideas.

Then they get a corner which was clearly off an Arsenal player. I'm thinking to myself 'I bet they'll get something here because of that' and sure enough, the linesman who was 30 yards further away from the incident than the referee who didn't give anything, decides to give a questionable penalty. From that, their tails are up and they get the second, before Walcott makes sure with an offside goal.

They were riding a wave of invincibility following the Munich match and this result could have knocked them out of their stride. I genuinely don't think we had the same kind of lucky call all season whereby a ref just decides to unfairly gift us the match like that. Even if Norwich got the draw we'd be 4th right now.

So it's not a Spurs moment as such but it affected us and was the worst moment of the season for me. I was absolutely furious watching it all unfold.

The Basel loss for me was the toughest. Honestly thought we could win that trophy and after we battled to go to penalties tough pill to swalllow

Although Walker's backpass was the defining moment of our season, it was a mistake that could happen to anyone and Lloris and Vertonghen didn't do their best for that goal either.

I voted for the 5-2 because of how embarrassing and humiliating it was to lose 5-2 to our main rivals, twice in a row!

Finishing below arse again.
It's shocking. Even everton have managed to finish above Liverpool

This

Also, Ade getting sent off at the Emirates in a game we were bossing. No telling how the game would have played out, but we had a swagger that I've never seen us have at their place before.

For no reason at all.

He was surrounded by Liverpool players and it was the only pass on for him, but 'no reason at all'.

Has to be penalties against Basel for me. We lost the Champions League position over a season, we went out of the Europa League in a game that we looked like winning.

Not really. Vertonghen was about 20 yards away, could have easily played it to him.

Results wise and due to how the games panned out , it has to be to both the scousers away . Also getting tonked at the Emirates after Ade had got sent off when I really felt in the opening 20 minutes we were gonna thump them good. All bricky games , then theres Wigan and Fulham at home. But watching Sandro being stretchered off at Loftus Road and then hearing he were to miss the rest of the season, that really did tinkled me off more than any of the results.

He didnt put on Defoe and instead did something silly. im gonna check it up actually. I think he went 433. Either way hideous performance.

Carroll for Walker, Ade for Defoe, Siggy for Sandro ( who got a knock)

Fulham at home was our worst game last season. A bizarre game, the atmopshere was also poor that day.

Worst day has to be missing out on CL on Sunday.

Basel in the Europa league was a disaster waiting to happen with Friedel in goal. Cost us both goals. Why he was playing I'll never know.

My apologies if the fact that getting pumped by our biggest rivals AGAIN partly because of a stupid tackle by one of our players frustrated me offends you.

Lets all do what you do, bury our heads in the sand and pretend your husband Ade has been great this season.

Wigan at home was absolutely terrible, our worst performance by some distance, with Fulham right there too. Agree with BrainofLevy, the Goons home match against Norwich was a disgrace. And yes, we never ever had luck like that. But Those two performances at home, well if the players want to make sure next season, those are the games to watch on tape a few more times!

Back