• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What motivates the modern day player?

When a player is motivated to win stuff alas modric we lambast them.

When a player isnt motivated we lambast them.

Modern footballers are the same as most people x100. They are motivated by their belief of their self worth. To be as good as them you have to have an arrogance. Most successful people do.

They want success, money and recognition of how good they are. And like most people if you're good at your job and you find out someone else who isn't as good as you is earning twice as much, you'll be tinkled off.

Modern footballers are the same as most people x100. They are motivated by their belief of their self worth. To be as good as them you have to have an arrogance. Most successful people do.

They want success, money and recognition of how good they are. And like most people if you're good at your job and you find out someone else who isn't as good as you is earning twice as much, you'll be tinkled off.

I agree with this.

Got my appraisal coming up - I am1 billion times better and more efficient and more productive than one of the Managers and im gonna go in to that appraisal with reasons why I should take that ****s job and pay.

I am PIIIIIIIIISSED OFF.

There is winning stuff and winning stuff.

Some players are central to the success of their teams, they make their team mates better, they are winners. Keane with United, Vieira with Arsenal, Xavi-Inieista-Messi with Barcelona. Some players are important team players that help make the whole team effective. Some are passengers.

I don't see why picking up a medal as a passenger is better than leading your team and just failing.

Of our recent defections to United, Berbatov was largely a passenger. Carrick, while not a team leader, was a very important player linking defence to attack, and was integral to their winning three titles after Mourinho's success with Chelsea. I'll respect Carrick's achievement, but not Berbatov's. If I'm drunk enough I might say something poitive about Campbell.

Back