• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Yeah, he was good in the past. Although his goal ratio was never 'that' high, I think one in three is his average. He'll do well for Crystal Palace though and could mean the difference between automatic promotion and play offs.

I think it was more Kanoute wanting to move to a bigger club than us getting rid, don't forget they won 2 UEFA cups, a Spanish cup and nearly won the league, they were a much greater force then than they are now.

Sevilla were never a bigger club. They had a couple of good seasons. That's all. That's why their manager dropped everything and ruined his legacy at the club in order to join us.

Freddie wanted to stay at Spurs but he was pushed out, sadly. Our loss. Sevilla's gain.

I loved Kanoute, but at the time I remember thinking "Well if they think Mido is the future then I don't mind letting Kanoute go". I'm pretty sure most of us were suckered into thinking Mido would fufil his potential and become a great player for us! Despite a few glimpses of quality how wrong we were! :(

EDIT: Just checked Mido's stats and since he joined us and he really has had a terrible career! He's now 30 and hasn't scored more than 6 goals in a season since his loan spell with us in 05/06!

2005–2006 → Tottenham Hotspur (loan) 36 (13)
2006–2007 Tottenham Hotspur 12 (1)
2007–2010 Middlesbrough 25 (6)
2009 → Wigan Athletic (loan) 12 (2)
2009–2010 → Zamalek (loan) 15 (1)
2010 → West Ham United (loan) 9 (0)
2010 → Ajax (loan) 5 (2)
2011–2012 Zamalek 3 (2)
2012–2013 Barnsley 1 (0)

I reckon that, if we had held on to Freddie for season 2005-06, we could have eaten all the lasagne we wanted and still pipped Arsenal to 4th.

Wasn't there some issue with the ACN and also some preseason tourney that tinkled off old BMJ. Chimbonda was in the same boat but I think he grovel led out an apology.

I think it was actually an end of season friendly in Mauritius.

But, yes, that was the flashpoint that led to Freddie's departure.

would be happy with Ince. He's looked bright whenever i have seen him and would be natural replacement for Lennon too.

would be happy with Ince. He's looked bright whenever i have seen him and would be natural replacement for Lennon too.

Replacement? Lennon's 25! Or did you mean cover? :-k

Edit: Ince is left-footed so don't know how natural a replacement for Lennon he would be.

Last edited:
daily star is saying we are after ince, not looked bad when i see him but not sure if 8m is a good figure for him, but then maybe that is inflation because we paid 1m for lennon however many years ago, we could do with another right winger in to give lennon a kick up the backside he sometimes needs

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/306014/?

Really want him and Shaw from SCBC. Plus if course the obligatory forward that we've needed for most d my adult life.

Ince looks ready to step up to me and has a great shot on him

8m is fudge all these days, i like the look of him and it would tinkle off the bindippers as well

Problem is, two or three £8m squad players and then we can't afford real next level first team players in the £20m bracket. It's Siggy and Dempsey instead of Moutinho scenario again.

Replacement? Lennon's 25! Or did you mean cover? :-k

Edit: Ince is left-footed so don't know how natural a replacement for Lennon he would be.

Your spot on. Ince plays down the left.

Midfield;
--------------Bale-----------------
Ince---Dembele---Sandro---Lennon

That makes me very happy [-o<

Problem is, two or three £8m squad players and then we can't afford real next level first team players in the £20m bracket. It's Siggy and Dempsey instead of Moutinho scenario again.

20+ mill players come with 100k+ a week salaries......the overall deal is too much for Spurs to handle right now.

I kinda want Pav back at the moment and yet, at the time, I was his biggest hater on here. I just want a striker that scores goals!!

Don't let that devalue my Kanoute moment, I would want Kanoute or Berbatov back if I could have any striker from within the last ten years.

But despite Pav's pinball table controls and his fantastically wild shooting at times, he did still score goals and important goals at that. I'm fickle, definitely, but is it such a crime to want a striker to be scoring goals? Especially when we must pay out around £150,000 per week on 2 strikers who seem totally incapable of scoring at the moment.

In financial terms, if the ticket price is an average £50 per home game, then 3,000 fans pay good money each week to watch our two continually fluff their lines. That's not good enough! Especially when we only play around 34 home games per season in all competitions and that would increase the 3,000 to just over 4,500 fans paying a ticket price to watch Adebayor and Defoe take shooting practice at the opposition keeper, seeming as if they are trying to hit him and not put the ball past him!

Sorry, rant over...please bring us goals!!

Pav in AVB's team would be a horror show, he doesn't have the application to do what AVB expects of his strikers

We cant afford £20m players at the moment - Levy wont sanction them. £8m - £15m is our sweet spot and will remain so until we have a fully financed stadium

may as well forget about this one too ...........

CHELSEA are planning to hijack West Ham’s £12million move for goal-ace Wilfried Bony.
The Ivory Coast international is top scorer in Holland, with 26 goals in 24 league games for shock title contenders Vitesse Arnhem.
The Hammers thought they were close to agreeing a record-breaking deal to nab him in the summer.
Co-chairman David Sullivan met one of the player’s agents, London-based Francis Kacou, on Monday.
But Chelsea see the free-scoring forward as a potential replacement for £50m flop Fernando Torres — and made their move later that day.
Jose Mourinho, touted to return to Chelsea from Real Madrid in the summer, was at Stamford Bridge that night for the friendly between Brazil and Russia.
Also present were Vitesse owner Merab Jordania, who has close links with Blues supremo Roman Abramovich, and Erwin Kasakowski, managing director of the Dutch club.
The main topic of conversation between the four was 24-year-old Bony, a player similar in style to his fellow countryman and ex-Chelsea favourite Didier Drogba.
Bony, who scored for Ivory Coast in the 3-0 win over Gambia at the weekend, is under contract until 2015 — but is desperate to move to the Premier League.
And Chelsea are now in pole position to seal a four-year deal for him worth £80,000 a week.
The Blues have a good relationship with Vitesse, with seven Chelsea youngsters having gone there on loan in the past two seasons.
Vitesse are resigned to letting Bony go in the summer.
But first they hope the goals from a player who cost £4m from Sparta Prague in January 2011 will help them clinch a place in the Champions League for the first time.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ied-Bony-on-Chelseas-radar.html#ixzz2Oq9LKGpC

Lure them in with false promises and ridiculous wages, then send them out on loan somewhere.

Back