• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Seen some links to Osvaldo again. He has 11 in 23 this season but the fans don't seem happy with him. Any Seria A watchers who can shed some light?

should we look at Remy once QPR go down?......great finish last night

Well these are the sort we should be looking at, good players who maybe need a bit of time to settle into the league but you can see their skill, a bit like ruiz at fulham. Ruiz is a nice player but does not do it enough for me for us to consider a bid. Remy we should be scouting along with benteke, players who could go on to become really good players and who perform in our league but who we stand a chance of getting.

I genuinly think that Benteke is the next BIG striker in the world of football, we should go "all out" in trying to get him.

I genuinly think that Benteke is the next BIG striker in the world of football, we should go "all out" in trying to get him.

Has anybody watched enough of Benteke other than highlight reels? what kind of striker is he? another Bent/JD or does he have more to his game?

For me, the unproven player I would take a chance on is Lukaku, as I see so much of Drogba in him, a CF that bullies the opposition, something we could badly do with.

Has anybody watched enough of Benteke other than highlight reels? what kind of striker is he? another Bent/JD or does he have more to his game?

For me, the unproven player I would take a chance on is Lukaku, as I see so much of Drogba in him, a CF that bullies the opposition, something we could badly do with.

I'm unconvinced, but have only watched him when Villa have been on sky/itv.

He takes too many clear chances to score for me personally. He's alright at holding the ball up though.

so benteke is unproven but lukaku is not? hmm

Lukaku just seems more complete than Benteke in my view. And he's what? 4 or so years younger? Scary!

'For me, the unproven player I would take a chance on is Lukaku,'

Not sure if literate...

:p

Well im not sure either of them count as unproven. They have proved they can do it but i guess people are talking about over a time frame with which they have done it. Not that having done it in the past is a great indicator because i would not us buying torres.

Lukaku just seems more complete than Benteke in my view. And he's what? 4 or so years younger? Scary!

Yep I prefer Lukaku too as I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg with regards to his ability. He is going to get better and better. I guess the only chance we might get him is if Chelsea buy another striker (Falcao....gulp) and see him as surplus to requirements. And then there is the whole history thing with AVB which I know very little about. So all in all not much chance in getting him. Benteke it is then.

Job lot and get them both? GHod knows our strikers are a steaming pile of cows dung.

Wouldn't bother me. Both Belgian, both have great potential. Keeping them both happy could be a worry. Although I'm sure both would get time. It's just a shame Lukaku will never join up with AVB again and Chelsea wouldn't be stupid as to sell the best striker they have.

Realistically both Benteke and Lukaku are going to be priced crazy high. Chelsea have no need to get rid and if Villa stay up they will not need the money, especially with the bumper tv deal helping them deal with their debts.

You'd be talking around 20-25m for either of them, probably more. Extremely expensive. It would make a great deal of sense to focus our search abroad, especially in the coming summer. The influx of money in the League will cause internal prices to heavily escalate, whilst the price of foreign players will not be as affected.

Seen some links to Osvaldo again. He has 11 in 23 this season but the fans don't seem happy with him. Any Seria A watchers who can shed some light?

I watch most Roma games (mainly for Lamela and Pjanic) so I see Osvaldo and I think he'd flourish here. His link up play ISN'T as good as Adebayors when on form (then again, how long has that been?) but he's very cool and composed on the ball, a passionate player who knows where the back of the net is. I think he'd easily score 15+ league goals a season for us.

Attitude is a big problem though. A lot of off the scenes stuff mostly, he got a yellow at the weekend so he'll miss the big derby game against Lazio and that seems to be the last straw for him now really with management and fans.

Realistically both Benteke and Lukaku are going to be priced crazy high. Chelsea have no need to get rid and if Villa stay up they will not need the money, especially with the bumper tv deal helping them deal with their debts.

You'd be talking around 20-25m for either of them, probably more. Extremely expensive. It would make a great deal of sense to focus our search abroad, especially in the coming summer. The influx of money in the League will cause prices to heavily escalate, whilst the price of foreign players will not be as affected.

I wonder if we could come to some sort of agreement with players switching etc. Levy is a great businessman when it comes to getting the best price for players, I have no doubt he could end up getting Benteke for less than £20m, more like £15m or something similar with some clauses and perhaps a player thrown in there.

Although as we also know, Levy is very shrewd and that could be a problem in terms of getting him in.

Not sure if helpful

My post conveyed to japenese that his meaning was not entirely clear to me which allowed him to phrase it differently and now i understand what he meant.

If that's not helpful i'm not sure what is.

It was lighthearted, however i see now that is frowned upon.

Last edited:
My post conveyed to japenese that his meaning was not entirely clear to me which allowed him to phrase it differently and now i understand what he meant.

If that's not helpful i'm not sure what is.

It was lighthearted, however i see now that is frowned upon.

my mistake, my misunderstanding ....

I watch most Roma games (mainly for Lamela and Pjanic) so I see Osvaldo and I think he'd flourish here. His link up play ISN'T as good as Adebayors when on form (then again, how long has that been?) but he's very cool and composed on the ball, a passionate player who knows where the back of the net is. I think he'd easily score 15+ league goals a season for us.

Attitude is a big problem though. A lot of off the scenes stuff mostly, he got a yellow at the weekend so he'll miss the big derby game against Lazio and that seems to be the last straw for him now really with management and fans.

Interesting. Thanks for that.
From http://www.football-italia.net/32220/osvaldo-if-im-so-terrible
Roma striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo hit back at his critics and asked “if I’m so terrible, why do I read that Chelsea, Tottenham and Juventus want me?”

The Italian international has had problems this season and a section of the supporters turned against him after he pushed Francesco Totti away to take a penalty against Sampdoria.

Today there are new reports he will be sold over the summer for €10m, but Osvaldo snapped at the critics.

“What makes me most angry is that people say at the same time that I don’t put the effort in and that I am too tense,” he told SportWeek.

“Of course it’s not easy at the moment and there are many mistakes. I am a striker, so I live for the goal and if I miss that then I feel like I’m missing everything.

“However, when I read that my season has been so very negative and at the same time I read that Chelsea, Tottenham and Juventus want me, then it doesn’t add up. If I’m so terrible, why am I being linked with these top clubs? If they are interested, then I must’ve done something right.

“I admit that at times I didn’t have the right attitude and that didn’t help me. I did expect to score a few more goals this season, but I’m still content with what I have achieved.”

Back