• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Happens? Chelsea 4th and ECL winners

How about 3rd and 4th place play each other at wembley for the final place?

Decent idea, but how about Uefa changing the rules so that the CL winners qualify for the following season's competiton without being at the expense of that countries quota of teams.

I thought I read somewhere that if Chelsea win the ECL the team that finishes 3rd would have to play a 2-legged play-off as they effectively become England's 4th team in next season's CL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_UEFA_Champions_League

Basically at the moment there is 3 spots reserved for english team in the groups and 1 for the holders. Whenever the holders finish top 3 (which normally happens) the holders spot is then given to the 13rd ranked country's champions (ie Belgium).

So if Bayern win Anderlecht will go straight into the groups. English 4th will get play off position.
If Chelsea win Chelsea will go straight into the groups. Anderlecht will have to go into the play offs.

Decent idea, but how about Uefa changing the rules so that the CL winners qualify for the following season's competiton without being at the expense of that countries quota of teams.

There's already too many teams from the bigger nations in the competition as it is.

They briefly mentioned it but didn't conclude.

So let's say the blues win the ECL and are 4th and we are 5th... Do we still qualify?

When's the ECL final? Is it after the league?

Could we be in a place where losing in the league due to CFC winning the ECL mean we qualify and winning in the league mean we don't?

Confused.com

I find it embarrassing you ask this. How does a football fan not know the situation? It was made incredible public after the everont-liverpool farce and we've been chatting about it on here for weeks...

I find it embarrassing you ask this. How does a football fan not know the situation? It was made incredible public after the everont-liverpool farce and we've been chatting about it on here for weeks...

Rules change, but thanks for your concern.

Back