• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What are we missing?

I'm convinced the path to getting a team to compete at the top of the league lied in our youth development.

Every season we should be bringing 2 academy players into the team. They should have had a season out on loan in league football either in this country or somewhere like Belgium. They should be meaningful members of the squad and get minutes on the pitch.

Not all would make it obviously, but over the course of 5 years we could get at least a 5 or 6 players that would form a strong part of the squad.

I'm convinced the path to getting a team to compete at the top of the league lied in our youth development.

Every season we should be bringing 2 academy players into the team. They should have had a season out on loan in league football either in this country or somewhere like Belgium. They should be meaningful members of the squad and get minutes on the pitch.

Not all would make it obviously, but over the course of 5 years we could get at least a 5 or 6 players that would form a strong part of the squad.
I agree
It all stopped when Poch didn’t want to loan players out
Sherwood was a nutter but he managed that side really well

Yep. I think we're starting to do that by signing more players in the 16-18 age range, though then need a manager to bring some of those into the team as you say. Conte was never going to do that. Maybe the next guy will do so

Back