• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What are we missing?

Who do we think Paratici has been looking at for CB? Any potential candidates we should be snapping up?

With 3 RWBs at the club, will we invest in another? Maybe we'll focus on a winger who could play at RWB. That was the plan for Moura at the start of the season, and with him off soon, it might be astute signing a winger who has potential to cover Kulu or play wingback.

How about Fikayo Tomori, Sven Botman. Gvardiol.

We were ready to spend big on Bastoni, so although these players would be expensive, you never know. All pretty young so the concern is how they settle. But if good enough, that shouldn’t be a concern. The better the player the easier it is to hit the ground running.

How about Fikayo Tomori, Sven Botman. Gvardiol.

We were ready to spend big on Bastoni, so although these players would be expensive, you never know. All pretty young so the concern is how they settle. But if good enough, that shouldn’t be a concern. The better the player the easier it is to hit the ground running.

You think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will sell botman? Gvardiol might already be out of reach, city and madrid sniffing. Tomori maybe. Is he an upgrade though?

Don't get me wrong, good names and a calibre we should be looking at. The first 2, think the boat might have already sailed.

Skriniar, de virj, Ndicka, badiashile, torres... other names. I really don't watch enough of them to say if they'd be good or not.

You think Saudi Sportswashing Outfit will sell botman? Gvardiol might already be out of reach, city and madrid sniffing. Tomori maybe. Is he an upgrade though?

Don't get me wrong, good names and a calibre we should be looking at. The first 2, think the boat might have already sailed.

Skriniar, de virj, Ndicka, badiashile, torres... other names. I really don't watch enough of them to say if they'd be good or not.

Botman would have to want to come and push for the move, which granted isn't that likely. CL, and if Conte went all out for him...

De Virj seems the easiest and he'll know the Conte way. Makes sense for a Jan move.

Botman would have to want to come and push for the move, which granted isn't that likely. CL, and if Conte went all out for him...

De Virj seems the easiest and he'll know the Conte way. Makes sense for a Jan move.

De Virj and the English lad at Palace Ghuei? Not sure how you spell it. But he always looked good to me.

Good call. Botman is the tallest. But De Virj not that much shorter. Less dominant than Botman and getting on a bit? Would still be a much-needed reinforcement.

I feel like we need one 'monster' CB, who can dominate in the air.
De Vrij is just Dier but older
We need younger more energetic players

Haven't seen enough of De Vrij to have an informed opinion. Easy to be left somewhat underwhelmed by this link.

But, if Paratici and Conte thinks signing him makes us better I will definitely support that signing.

Agreed. But on his day Dier is awesome. So if it was De Vrij or nothing, you'd take him right? Taller than Dier, has a lot of experience and knows what Conte demands.
No I’d rather wait for something better
He would want big wages and isn’t an upgrade
We need better than we have not parity

No I’d rather wait for something better
He would want big wages and isn’t an upgrade
We need better than we have not parity

An upgrade on Davies and Sanchez is arguably worth 6+ points a season. How many goals have we been shipping on average since Romero was out?

I agree an allround fast, big, strong commanding CB in their 20s is the aim. But you never know how things will shake down, De Vrij might excel. Something to be said for experienced players.

An upgrade on Davies and Sanchez is arguably worth 6+ points a season. How many goals have we been shipping on average since Romero was out?

I agree an allround fast, big, strong commanding CB in their 20s is the aim. But you never know how things will shake down, De Vrij might excel. Something to be said for experienced players.
Davies is fine
The goals have come down out centre and right
We have players who have got worse the more games they have played

Davies is fine
The goals have come down out centre and right
We have players who have got worse the more games they have played

I agree. Davies has done very little wrong in the past 12 months imo. Not sure why he keeps getting thrown in with the others targeted for criticism.

Back