• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Went to the training ground today and........

jpp

Johnnie Jackson
.....Expected to watch Charlton U21's v Tottenham U21's. However when Tottenham lined up they included Chadli, Lamella, Holtby, Kane, Capoue and Fryers. A quiet game ended 10-6 with Spurs taking their foot off the brake after the 10th. Chadli was outstanding, Holtby very good, Kane excellent. Obika notched six, whilst Lamella scored a wonder goal akin to Ginola v Barnsley all those years ago.

Sherwood watched the whole game whilst I was joined on the sidelines by Lennon, Walker, Dawson, Friedel and Defoe. A good day for anoraks as amongst the crowd were Lennie Lawrence and David Pleat. Oh, and as you are probably aware, the facility is as mint as a refresher.

Good stuff!!!! enjoyed reading that....

Gotta admit I love the thought of our guy in charge also watching the u21's....giving them as much attention as the first team....sets a good example and keeps the youngsters on their toes.....

.....Expected to watch Charlton U21's v Tottenham U21's. However when Tottenham lined up they included Chadli, Lamella, Holtby, Kane, Capoue and Fryers. A quiet game ended 10-6 with Spurs taking their foot off the brake after the 10th. Chadli was outstanding, Holtby very good, Kane excellent. Obika notched six, whilst Lamella scored a wonder goal akin to Ginola v Barnsley all those years ago.

Sherwood watched the whole game whilst I was joined on the sidelines by Lennon, Walker, Dawson, Friedel and Defoe. A good day for anoraks as amongst the crowd were Lennie Lawrence and David Pleat. Oh, and as you are probably aware, the facility is as mint as a refresher.

Sounds like a pleasant suprise!! Wonder if this all means that those players who played for the under 21's won't be involved this weekend though.

TTIUWP

Joking apart, I agree,Tim Sherwood certainly seems to doing and saying all the right things at the moment, and long may it continue.
Okay the defeat on Saturday was disappointing, but we were drawn away to the team at the top of the Premiership, you cant have a harder draw. Certain teams in a similar League position to us both lost at home to Welsh teams!!

Good stuff!!!! enjoyed reading that....

Gotta admit I love the thought of our guy in charge also watching the u21's....giving them as much attention as the first team....sets a good example and keeps the youngsters on their toes.....

I also like the fact some first team players were watching. Gives them a chance to observe some of the first team players who played movement and playing style, gets them to know some of the younger players more should they need to be called upon and probably gives the under 21's extra motivation.

Sounds like a pleasant suprise!! Wonder if this all means that those players who played for the under 21's won't be involved this weekend though.

I'd like to think a few could make the bench. In fact, add Brad Friedel to those six and that could be our bench!

I expected the first teamers to slope off at half time but as the game wore on only Kane and Lamella were withdrawn after about an hour. I was also mightily impressed with the application of those on view, no slacking at all, perhaps it helped that the boss was watching.

Very nice read but your use of ellipsis is shocking 8-[ :D

Very comforting to hear those who turned up - what time was it? We had shocking weather (not U.S style) here in Enfield... (look at that ellipsis =P~)

It was a 12.00 kick off and the rain had stopped. The pitch was incredible, didn't cut up at all and it was all totally free. Apart from the bottle of water I bought in reception. I went because my cousin plays for Charlton, in my humble opinion he was the best player on view but I might be slightly biased.

Nice to see all those famous/expensive names getting a mention.

Imagine my surprise when I read on the club site that Obika scored a hat trick IN EACH HALF.

Oh - and OP said we took our foot off the brake and stopped scoring.

Reminded me of John Major admiring the British for doing our best when our backs are to the wall. "We turn around and fight".

(Think about it)

seems very sensible management - all of those players clearly need match time (most coming back from injuries, some due to circumstance (ie Lamela)), and giving 6 of a potential starting XI the chance to play together can only be advantageous.

16 goals and potentially 6 first teamers playing, who needs to pay stupid money to see a PL game, well done mate.

So... when is another game going to happen, sounds well worth going to even if you just get to see 2 first teamers playing and 2 watching or whatever.

Can you explain why Chadli was excellent, was it power, pace, dribbling, passing, shooting, height, thigh grease or what?

So... when is another game going to happen, sounds well worth going to even if you just get to see 2 first teamers playing and 2 watching or whatever.

Can you explain why Chadli was excellent, was it power, pace, dribbling, passing, shooting, height, thigh grease or what?

He just bossed it. Initially quick and lethal on the left, later powerful and precise in the middle.

No idea when they play again, as I said, my link to this game was through Charlton u 21's. I've had it in my diary for a month or so but only went because my cousin played.

Back