• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

The 4 year commitment is pleasing to see. Of course its easier to give a 4 year contract to someone wth Ange's salary than with Conte's £15m salary, but provides an indication of commitment

Even in the absence of a DoF, at least he now has a month or so before pre-season training to understand from Mason and others the problems in the squad, work with Gabbanini and the other scouts, watch horror-show videos of our games last season etc

Hopefully we've reached the bottom and June 6th 2023 can be the start of when things start to turn around at THFC

Four year contract - Whilst I agree with @Finney Is Back that Levy has sacked managers when not in the top 4 in the past, I feel like the atrocity of last season was a watershed moment for him.

His end of season message I felt was him acknowledging his mistakes and a desire to get back to what this club wants to be. I firmly believe that Levy will stick by Ange even if we have a rough period to begin with and that he has learnt from some of the mistakes he has made in trying to help the club push on.

It is also nice to see that the most of this board are together in getting behind the guy even if not someone they wanted, or still question if the right choice - hopefully this support translates in the stadium and most importantly on the pitch....

This is genuinely not meant as some sort of "I told you so" thing. I'm just in disbelief that this has actually all come true. Posted on 23 June 2021:

He actually just signed for Celtic - Ange Postecoglu, Australian manager. It caused Celtic fans to completely melt down because they don't know who he is, but I think he'll do well there (if they can see out the inevitable initial bumpy period) and would actually be a very decent shout for Spurs manager in a few years. A very Poch-like manager.

Couldn't be happier, and I'm excited to be a Spurs fan again.

Last edited:
The 4 year commitment is pleasing to see. Of course its easier to give a 4 year contract to someone wth Ange's salary than with Conte's £15m salary, but provides an indication of commitment

Even in the absence of a DoF, at least he now has a month or so before pre-season training to understand from Mason and others the problems in the squad, work with Gabbanini and the other scouts, watch horror-show videos of our games last season etc

Hopefully we've reached the bottom and June 6th 2023 can be the start of when things start to turn around at THFC

Yep, it's not a hedged bet (although certain people here were quick to jump on it as a rumor but thought Chelsea giving Poch 2 years made sense). I do find it always a bad look when most of a squad have a longer contract than the manager.

He's supposedly super detail oriented so wouldn't doubt if he's already watched a lot of our games and has an opinion about certain players.

Four year contract - Whilst I agree with @Finney Is Back that Levy has sacked managers when not in the top 4 in the past, I feel like the atrocity of last season was a watershed moment for him.

His end of season message I felt was him acknowledging his mistakes and a desire to get back to what this club wants to be. I firmly believe that Levy will stick by Ange even if we have a rough period to begin with and that he has learnt from some of the mistakes he has made in trying to help the club push on.

It is also nice to see that the most of this board are together in getting behind the guy even if not someone they wanted, or still question if the right choice - hopefully this support translates in the stadium and most importantly on the pitch....

Hopefully, not very confident however ..

I think that's right. Feels that Levy will give him more time given his end of season message and that expectations for this season might be getting us back heading the the right direction

Welcome Ange to our great club!

I have to admit to feeling excited and hopeful about this one, even though it comes with risks.
It does sound like he can bring back the feel-good factor. Get the players enjoying what they are doing, training and matches, make the football better to watch, and let's see where it takes us. I'm onboard for the ride.
Levy and the board need to play their part as well.

COYS!!!!!!

(And so much for Romano and others with their 2year + 1 deal)

Back