• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

If Woolwich fans are indeed using that stat it's quite an own goal. Those 6 points cost them way more than they cost us.

I said after their widely praised 0-0 draw at Eastlands that was where they'd regret the dropped points most. They could've won that day as City were vulnerable. Instead they set out not to lose.

I question the word support. Wanting your team to lose is not support of your team no matter how you spin it. Yes you might be supporters in every other game but not in that one. Unless they have changed the meaning of the word.
Arse al not winning the league is better for us in the long run so yes even wanting us to lose is still support when taking into account the bigger picture.

Better for the fans maybe that didn't want to get stick from gooners. Not for the club.
Arsenal are already at least a level above us, a title win solidifies that even further. A title win this season elevates them to that higher Stratosphere of certified winners. A stronger Arsenal makes another difficult opponent to overcome. If we hav any interest in rebuilding to that level eventually its in our interest for as few teams aside from City to have actually won the league. A title winning Arsenal continue to be a more attractive designation making it difficult to sign players etc.

If we want success sits actually in our interest for Arsenal not to achieve it this year. If Arse al don't win the pressure on Arteta increases and some of their fans are already demanding that next season they must win it.

Arsenal are already at least a level above us, a title win solidifies that even further. A title win this season elevates them to that higher Stratosphere of certified winners. A stronger Arsenal makes another difficult opponent to overcome. If we hav any interest in rebuilding to that level eventually its in our interest for as few teams aside from City to have actually won the league. A title winning Arsenal continue to be a more attractive designation making it difficult to sign players etc.

If we want success sits actually in our interest for Arsenal not to achieve it this year. If Arse al don't win the pressure on Arteta increases and some of their fans are already demanding that next season they must win it.

Villa have finished above us 2 seasons in a row. Them getting cl football instead of us takes money (£100m) and gives it to them.

Villa have finished above us 2 seasons in a row. Them getting cl football instead of us takes money (£100m) and gives it to them.
The money is great for villa and adds further weight to the abilities of Emery, who were Ange to go would be my first choice to take over for us - but pragmatically their squad is going to need more investment than they can afford to make the CL anything other than a fun trip overseas for the fans. They have several players in their squad who they can't be without, because it undermines their system (bit like us), and those players can't play twice every week. For Villa see Saudi Sportswashing Machine this year.

The money is great for villa and adds further weight to the abilities of Emery, who were Ange to go would be my first choice to take over for us - but pragmatically their squad is going to need more investment than they can afford to make the CL anything other than a fun trip overseas for the fans. They have several players in their squad who they can't be without, because it undermines their system (bit like us), and those players can't play twice every week. For Villa see Saudi Sportswashing Machine this year.
They pay more in wages than us, according to a discussion on Sky yesterday, so there may be more money there than we’d all think. I think they’ll be in the CL mix again next season, as will Chelsea. Hopefully Liverpool won’t, which might mean we can still be in and around there too.

You understand it's a new format? They should get through to the knock out stages.

CL has 2 additional 'group' stage matches from next season i believe, 4 home + 4 away - will be interesting to see if this has an impact on teams who are participating, with there being more teams domestically in with a shout of competing for the CL places then in theory it'll put additional strain on the first XI players which could lead to dropped points over a season.

Not sure if EL is the same new format but, again in theory, you should be able to rotate more in the Europa so less of an impact than in CL.

CL has 2 additional 'group' stage matches from next season i believe, 4 home + 4 away - will be interesting to see if this has an impact on teams who are participating, with there being more teams domestically in with a shout of competing for the CL places then in theory it'll put additional strain on the first XI players which could lead to dropped points over a season.

Not sure if EL is the same new format but, again in theory, you should be able to rotate more in the Europa so less of an impact than in CL.

Same format, yes. Group stage 4 home and 4 away...

EL and Conference league have same new format..

Something I don't really get about other teams getting CL football is that we got that for some time, went all the way to the final five years ago... and look where we are now. Arsenal missed out for six years in a row and they are challenging for the title. Of course, it's better to be in than out but there's so much money in the PL at the moment that playing in the CL is not something that sets you apart for ever. It would have been nice to qualify but missing out isn't the end of the world, in my opinion.

Something I don't really get about other teams getting CL football is that we got that for some time, went all the way to the final five years ago... and look where we are now. Arsenal missed out for six years in a row and they are challenging for the title. Of course, it's better to be in than out but there's so much money in the PL at the moment that playing in the CL is not something that sets you apart for ever. It would have been nice to qualify but missing out isn't the end of the world, in my opinion.
Agreed. Especially when we have zero chance of winning it next year.

It depends on your model, a club like us, we need that CL revenue to compete.

The cheating clubs are gonna spend anyway

Back