• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Web Host

papaspur

Kasey Keller
Hey all. I'm making a few web sites in the near future and would like to hear your thoughts on tried and true web hosting services. These will mostly be for small business, nothing crazy.

Some necessary items:
-a good number of MySQL databases (at least 50)
-true 24/7 tech support (my current web host hasn't responded to a ticket I opened a month ago)
-good uptime, fast host
-cpanel or similar host management
-unlimited space

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks!

I use Fatcow for most of my personal stuff. They're decent - cheap and pretty good support. I believe everything is unlimited, which is obviously fantastic.

Otherwise Dreamhost I've used a lot. Their support is brilliant, probably a bit pricier though.

Many thanks. Not sure which web site reviews to trust since all these 'top 10' lists look kinda fishy.

Your best bet is to look for a VPS (or, if you've got enough sites, a dedicated server).

Don't go with their install of any control panel software, install your own - that way it will be done right. Or be a man and do everything in notepad ;)

Look to see how many sites will share the hardware on a VPS, and check that storage is accessible via something quick, rather than NAS (very important for SQL).

I run a webhosting company with a pal of mine, it's Svelte Hosting we have an unlimited package and that includes unlimited SQL databases, bandwidth, space, FTP accounts, email addresses the lot.

Back