• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

we turned down 10m offer for Gylfi last night

Ganter

Erik Edman
All over the icelandic media, could not find a thread for this.

Find it a bit staggering that if we did not have the funds for Leandro last night, why on earth did we reject 10m for a player that has not been up to his own standard and clearly finding it hard to get in the 1st eleven.

I like Gylfi though, great character and a fantastic footballer that can show us a lot more than he has

Last edited:
i think we had the funds, i just think they decided the price was too high

I agree. This seems at least a reasonable enough explanation that people shouldn't be jumping to other conclusions.

About Sig, already said in another thread that I'm glad to see us reject a move for him. With Holtby in we could have let him go, I think this is a good sign that we believe in him and I think he will come good.

I agree. This seems at least a reasonable enough explanation that people shouldn't be jumping to other conclusions.

About Sig, already said in another thread that I'm glad to see us reject a move for him. With Holtby in we could have let him go, I think this is a good sign that we believe in him and I think he will come good.

occams razor, continually ignored

I want Siggy to do well here but it's hardly looking promising is it? We have 5 players for the two attacking positions and he's last choice, £10m must've really tempted Levy but we're hardly flush with players right now.

I want Siggy to do well here but it's hardly looking promising is it? We have 5 players for the two attacking positions and he's last choice, £10m must've really tempted Levy but we're hardly flush with players right now.

To be honest it has. He had been looking good of late, up until the attempt to play him off Dempsey, or Dempsey off him, or whatever the hell that was.

5 players for those two positions, but both Dempsey and Holtby at least can play in other positions too. Sig has also looked reasonably good for us cutting in from the left.

Hopefully plenty of EL games coming up as the spring approaches, we need a bit of a squad.

He's still only around half way into his first season with us and he's still fairly young. Plenty of time to prove himself.

i think we had the funds, i just think they decided the price was too high

Agree. We have an additional 40-50 mill on the way from the new TV deal shortly which we could have borrowed against if need be. The decision has been made to prioritise capital expenditure over player for now. Or at least high priced player acquisitions.

Agree. We have an additional 40-50 mill on the way from the new TV deal shortly which we could have borrowed against if need be. The decision has been made to prioritise capital expenditure over player for now. Or at least high priced player acquisitions.

More like 30 mil, but that is still quite a lot.

More like 30 mil, but that is still quite a lot.

I'm not sure to be honest but a website I was looking at had it all broken down and if we finish 4th it could be closer to 50 mil depending on the overseas money, which hasn't been nailed down yet. Let me see if I can find that again.

Youre kiddin me right? lol (and I never use it but it looks funny)

fudgein drive him there myself

Here it is ->http://www.sportingintelligence.com...ng-where-the-money-goes-and-what-next-190601/

Actually a 30-40 mil is indeed more accurate. I was looking at the wrong line.

14+FFP+PL+Distribution+2014.jpg

I always go Swiss :p

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Tottenham Hotspur

Back