• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We need a new striker

**** me some of the posts on here tonight are unbelievable. Ade and Soldado are a poor partnership. After half a dozen games. Really?

Seeing it all from block 29.

**** me some of the posts on here tonight are unbelievable. Ade and Soldado are a poor partnership. After half a dozen games. Really?

Seeing it all from block 29.

Welcome to GG after a loss (or draw, or just maybe I don't like the manager)

there's this guy in Brazil I hear is meant to be very good. Up and coming youngster, think his name is Leandro or something. Might be worth a look at.

Maybe we should take a punt on that Berbatov fella, he scored 2 goals plus an assist at the Emirates back in November and is apparently on the market for a knock down £2m...

Given that Ade and Soldado have played a handful of games together, I think they look really promising as a pair. Let them keep playing imo.

How about we just sort out our overall team play and start creating better oppurtunities. Whilst in the 442 we countered well and made a few good chances playing from back to front in under five passes yet never getting closer than the 18 yard box. When we went 451 we looked much better passing it around yet our front man was left unsupported. I counted a couple of times where if we had just one player near Ade we would've had a clear sight of goal

We don't need a tall, hold up the ball type player, what we need is a dribbler who can finish. Someone who will scare defenders and who can also create openings from nothing.[/QUOTE]

We sold him to Madird.

Joking apart, you're right. We just dont have a player like that now, the nearest could be Townsend, sadly his finishing lets him down

Lamela is that player ^

Yep I would be willing to try this. The new VDV maybe?

Even with that we're thin on cover if we lose any strikers to injury. I still think we need someone else if Defoe is off, maybe someone to slot in for Ade if he is unavailable or goes AWOL in his head again. I guess a short term fix would be Berbatov even if that would leave a sour taste in the mouth. Shane Long is another decent player who would not cost a lot.

Given that Ade and Soldado have played a handful of games together, I think they look really promising as a pair. Let them keep playing imo.

Personally I do not doubt the partnership, my concerns pertain to suspension, injury and loss of form

Personally I do not doubt the partnership, my concerns pertain to suspension, injury and loss of form

Spurs need more and better midfielders and not new strikers. I remember reading something that Pep Guardiola said. He said if he had his way, his team would be full of midfielders only and that while strikers may win a team a game, midfielders give the team character. That is what Spurs need. Midfielders that give the team character.

I think a third striker is vital, but, it all comes down to the type. Do we sign a back up to Soldado? A back up to Ade? Or someone unique? Then w ehave to balance starting all three at various times and so on and so forth.

Ideally, we'd give Lamela more game time off a front man, but someone I'd really like to see us sign is Ezequiel Lavezzi. He can play up top and out wide, would work well with both other forwards, and probably Lamela too.

Agreed, but we still need a further option - especially to keep Ade on his toes and offer rotation options. Still Benteke for me even if he is off form at the moment. Might be the time to get him and offer Defoe, who needs first team premiership football for his England prospects.

A strike force of Ade, Solly, Benteke and our youngsters would do me.

Agreed, but we still need a further option - especially to keep Ade on his toes and offer rotation options. Still Benteke for me even if he is off form at the moment. Might be the time to get him and offer Defoe, who needs first team premiership football for his England prospects.

A strike force of Ade, Solly, Benteke and our youngsters would do me.

If, as seems likely, Sherwood plans to stick with two strikers then we clearly need further options. One injury to Ade and we're down to Defoe-Soldado or some duo including Kane (not good enough yet at least) or Chadli (very much unproven in that position).

Benteke wouldn't be the worst option, but would be very expensive if he would even consider signing for us. After this summer's "come get me plea" followed by a quick signing of a new contract from a player reportedly an Arsenal fan and who I think later said he couldn't ever sign for us I'm quite doubtful about the sincerity of his transfer request.

Back