• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We aren't that bad, but...

ess

Jason Cundy
..am I the only one who feels less passionate about our club these days? I've known for a while that my interest for Tottenham has faded, but this weekend was in many ways a "wake up call". I remember how I used to be on the verge of nervous breakdowns before every game against Liverpool, it didn't really matter if it was the last game of a season where we battled for 9th. I ****ing hate Liverpool. It's their fans. This weekend I didn't feel anything. Not before, not during, not after. That made me really sad.

It's not about results. We've been far more **** than this during my time as a Spurs supporter. I think some of the interest faded with AVB and his pass-the-ball-between-the-back-four-10000-times-every-game-strategy, it just wasn't fun to watch Tottenham any longer. But I think the main reason is this feeling that I don't feel I'm watching Spurs. The players wear the same colours and we still play at the Lane. But where is our Ledley King? Where is our Steed, our Robbie Keane, our Edgard Davids? ****, I even miss Jenas at times. I don't really know what's wrong with the current bunch of players, but there's something about their mentality and attitude which really turns me off. I don't see the passion, I don't see the joy, I don't see the pride, the anger, the willpower. I don't feel the same pride or joy myself when we win games, and - maybe worse - I don't feel the same anger when we lose them. The players aren't to blame for the fact that we don't have a Bale or Modric or Berbatov in our team. I think Eriksen might be that player some day, but right now I just want to see that pride and joy our players used to show. It seems like mediocrity and personal mistakes are accepted, noone really seems to care. It's disheartening to watch.

I hope other fans don't feel the same way I do, but I get the sense that they do. I don't know what the solution is, all I know is that it's not Tim Sherwood.

/rant

I'm getting that way.

When Sig scored the winner against Soton I kinda shrugged, two years ago I would have been running and screaming around the lounge like an idiot.

Only time I can recall feeling like this in the 30+ years I've supported Spurs.

I think we all get like this when the season is over. We all know that there is nothing more to play for so we stop caring. I will admit though that I've been underwhelmed with the football we have been playing since Harry left, I think Chelsea winning the CL was a hammer blow because I knew that all we had was going to fall apart (Modric and Bale). I was excited at the start of this season even though AVB's team was dull because I thought that the team would come together in the end.

Two reasons.

1. Expectations

2. Can't bond to a team who turnover players as much as we have recently

One Reason for me......

AVB he ripped the heart out of the club and replaced it with players with no heart......

The club feels like it doesn't have an identity anymore, i don't have any love for any of the players. To go from having a team that had Modric, Bale, Rafa, King even Pav and Ekotto...... all gone in the space of a couple of years.

AVB has a lot to answer for!

One Reason for me......

AVB he ripped the heart out of the club and replaced it with players with no heart......

The club feels like it doesn't have an identity anymore, i don't have any love for any of the players. To go from having a team that had Modric, Bale, Rafa, King even Pav and Ekotto...... all gone in the space of a couple of years.

AVB has a lot to answer for!

I'm not here to defend AVB, but you can hardly hold him responsible for King's retirement. Or for the sale of Bale, Modric, Pav or Rafa. Assou-Ekotto's exile to QPR might have been his doing alright, I give you that, but I genuinely think AVB had relatively little influence over the players we bought during his tenure. Not "zero" influence, of course, but to blame him for our transfer policy is probably unfair. Blaming him for negative tactics, for being unable to manage Adebayor properly, for a perceived lack of commitment and an apparent unwillingness / inability to handle Levy (a big part of any manager's job is to handle the club hierarchy and keep them on-side by hook or by crook)... fair enough to all that.

But I think you have to look elsewhere when it comes to blaming someone for our player recruitment strategy.

It's been **** for longer than that. It's been like this since we sacked Jol.

Not sure I agree, I agree Jol created a "us" feeling that hasn't been replicated yet, but we had some moments with Harry and some of the players of that time.

I think it's a combination of how many times can you be so close and still not get there (lasagna, player sales, Cheat$ki's CL win, Harry's England distraction, AVB's failure, list goes on).

I can never walk away from Tottenham, but the club needs to do a few things that speak to them caring as much as us about the future.

It's not just Spurs. It's the whole footie thing. It's not a sport anymore, it's just an arms race. Whoever spends the most money will win the most prizes. I know it's always been that way to a certain extent but you're never gonna get a Forest winning the European Cup/Chumps League again. Ok Wigan won the FA Cup, but a lot of that's to do with the bigger clubs attitude to the particular competition. We've now got a few billionaires playing my c0ck's bigger than yours and quite a few wannabe's and shysters who, when it comes to the crunch, are finding they haven't got the wherewithal to rise to the occasion. Meanwhile the rest of us just plod along at a level knowing full well that it's unlikely to get any better. Again, twas ever thus, but at least you could expect some craic along the way. Now footie's part of the "Entertainment Industry" all the joy's been sucked right out of it.

I've been less caring really since the Keane/Berbatov saga in summer 2008. The hopes that we'd kick-on from Jol's foundations and the League Cup win died then.

AVB brought back my passion for 15 months, but since that dream ended, I'm as detached from the club as I've ever been.

I've been less caring really since the Keane/Berbatov saga in summer 2008. The hopes that we'd kick-on from Jol's foundations and the League Cup win died then.

AVB brought back my passion for 15 months, but since that dream ended, I'm as detached from the club as I've ever been.

So you felt detached when Crouch heads in the winner at The Etihad. Or when we come from two goals behind to win 3-2 at The Emirates. Or when Lennon breaks away and sets up the winner away to AC Milan at the San Siro.

Right :rolleyes:

So you felt detached when Crouch heads in the winner at The Etihad. Or when we come from two goals behind to win 3-2 at The Emirates. Or when Lennon breaks away and sets up the winner away to AC Milan at the San Siro.

Right :rolleyes:

I prefer delayed gratification. I'm much more interested when I see we have a proper vision for returning to greatness and silverware. The odd bit of instant gratification is great, but the big plans are what stirs me.

I prefer delayed gratification. I'm much more interested when I see we have a proper vision for returning to greatness and silverware. The odd bit of instant gratification is great, but the big plans are what stirs me.

Tantric support.

You mean the nationality of the manager is what stirs you.

I'm bored.

At least under BMJ and Arry, it
was fun. And there was a feeling that everyone across the club ( fan s player's coaches) we're all together.

When was the last time you saw the players smiling for 90 mins? Or felt like they were enjoying playing for us?

Not sure I agree, I agree Jol created a "us" feeling that hasn't been replicated yet, but we had some moments with Harry and some of the players of that time.

I think it's a combination of how many times can you be so close and still not get there (lasagna, player sales, Cheat$ki's CL win, Harry's England distraction, AVB's failure, list goes on).

I can never walk away from Tottenham, but the club needs to do a few things that speak to them caring as much as us about the future.

Even at the best moments since Jol a lot of the love has gone. The addiction is still there and always will be, but a big part of my love for the club died when I heard how and when we were sacking Jol. It will come back eventually, but not with the likes of YTS in charge.

I'm bored.

At least under BMJ and Arry, it
was fun. And there was a feeling that everyone across the club ( fan s player's coaches) we're all together.

When was the last time you saw the players smiling for 90 mins? Or felt like they were enjoying playing for us?

00070d54-642.jpg

Then Levy basically sold our soul.

Back