• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Watches

Correct!

Brietling however only modify the ETA and Valjoux movements they do not make their own from scratch, if I was spending that kind of cash and wanted a true in house movement I would go IWC mate.

I'm pretty sure IWC also only modify. I think the cheapest top end in house movement you'll get are Zenith. I would definitely give them a look, beautiful watches!
Very expensive to service though.

I'm pretty sure IWC also only modify. I think the cheapest top end in house movement you'll get are Zenith. I would definitely give them a look, beautiful watches!
Very expensive to service though.

You may be right there, thinking about it the IWC vintage watches are IWC movements for sure. Zenith are fantastic watches, Rolex used the Zenith chrono movements in the Daytona for years.

So i'm in need of a nice looking watch. My brother got me one for my Birthday but it has since gone missing.

Not looking to spend more than £200 tbh....any suggestions?

Mondaine. My current favourite in that price bracket.

I love these

mondaine-swiss-railroad-watch.jpg

Personal preference I guess? I'd rather have the Mondaine personally. Simplicity of design works for me.

i don't really know anything about watches other than i always assumed you buy from genuine watch makers - not fashion labels who slap their brand over a watch and sell at an inflated price?

If you like the ceramic type, like I do, then go for a Karl Lagerfeld one. They are about 250 in black but look coo.

I used to have a Raymond Weil cost about 7k but then it got stolen from my own flat. Never bothered after that, I always just looked at my phone even when wearing it. Its my automatic reaction.

Toy watches are also pretty cool for around 150 - I have one in all black with black strap - love it.

I've recently got in to watches.

First question: automatic or quartz? Ive got a number of automatic watches, I just like the idea of a mechanical machine on my wrist. Also, no batteries.

If you want an automatic watch, look at the Seiko 5 range. Very well respected movement and a lot of choice. A bit on the small side at 38mm but that's actually desirable for a dress watch.

I've got the Orient Symphony. Cost me around £100.

7ehana3u.jpg

va5uruva.jpg

Sorry OP are you looking for a smart dress watch or more everyday watch? I'll post my other watches if you were looking for something different.

Seiko SKX007. Black dive watch, very popular in the watch community. Considered one of the best bang-for-your-buck watches on the market. I ordered mine from Japan, came to around £110 with customs charge, you can get it for around £160 in the UK

On the stock jubilee bracelet
3uhuzy2e.jpg

On a red/black NATO
u3amy7ys.jpg

Seiko SNK809. Another highly thought of watch, very affordable at around £50. The stock strap is horrible though so it went straight in the bin and I put it on a brown leather strap.

yrenajaz.jpg

FYI these are all automatic watches, meaning they are mechanical and have no battery. The movement of the watch on your wrist 'charges' the watch to keep it running. Once you take it off, it'll keep running for about 48hrs if fully wound.

Automatic watches aren't for everyone, since I have a rotation of watches I normally need to set the time each time I change watches. If you wear the same watch every day this wouldn't be an.issue.

Also, quartz is more accurate. I haven't tested the accuracy of my watches but they are well made movements that run around +/- 5 secs/day or better for most people.

Last edited:
3rd post in a row but oh well. I'd suggest anyone looking for a watch head over to the 'Affordable Watches' forum on Watchuseek and check out the 'What are you wearing' thread. Here's a link to todays one.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/wruw-sunday-january-19-%B0-%B0-970920.html

Every day you'll see 100+ watches, good to get an idea of what look you like. Most will be in the sub £250 range as its the 'affordable' forum. You'll see a great mix of different styles too. Personally I think some of the Casio Eco-Drive watches look great.

Back