• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Was Levy right to sack AVB?

Was Levy right to sack AVB?

• Levy was right to sack AVB

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • Levy was wrong to sack AVB

Votes: 39 44.3%

• Total voters
Find it hard to believe you are still feeling excited after the WBA game.

one game mate, AVB had an entire season and half of some paint stripping stuff. And to tell you the truth i thought we peppered them in the 2nd half

i saw more in the west ham game and saints game to leave me thinking "if we can get the balance in midfield right then we will be laughing"

The unpredictability of the carnage?

no, just faster paced, higher tempo, more dynamic, the actual belief that we can score...you know...stuff that didnt seem possible under AVB at times (although was very possible IMO just that he didnt chose to play that way)

Right to sack him, wrong not to have a replacement.

It's a difficult question, but I think this is closest to my feelings.

You can make a strong case either way, but what has happened (or maybe hasn't happened) since makes it look somewhat more rash and, perhaps, the wrong decision. It was such a tough call that I will withold criticism, though.

Levy is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt regarding going behind AVBs back to get in another Manager. If I remember correctly, wasnt that the problem with the Jol sacking and Ramos? and what about the whole Harry touting for the England job? You cant expect others to show loyalty if you cannot show loyalty also and by loyalty I mean acting with some class and some appreciation of the person in post in the first place.

I am prepared to give TS some time, am I concerned with his lack of experience? No... as im optimistic about him (maybe its misguided optimism maybe its hope I dont know).

Anyways was Levy right to sack AVB? Yep as I think AVB looked like a lost man in the few games leading up to his sacking/departure. BUT you cant expect Levy to have a Manager lined up if a) you cant go behind the Managers back if he gets lambasted and b) there isnt much out there.

Don't agree with either of the options and I'm not sure it was a straight sacking, more of a mutual agreement to part ways.

answer still the same as earlier poster

- Right to sack him in principle
- Wrong to sack him without a replacement.

This window will also show how much of a **** up this is.

- We need a decent LB and a covering Striker, if we make no buys and simply get rid of a couple of promising squad players, then Levy is proving he knows TS is not a long term appointment and he completely ****ed up..

Yes it was right, he was neutering a squad full of quality talented players. It's like Zlatan says .. "you don't buy a Ferrari only to drive it like a Fiat."

Felt at the time it was wrong to sack him and i have seen nothing to change my mind.

Even getting 13 out of a possible 15 points? Admittedly in many of the games we were fortunate not to be punished for sloppy play, but we lost 0-3 to Wet Spam and only just scraped past Hull at home under AVB.

TBH I couldn't give a ****e really whether he was right or wrong.

How about a more relevant question like

Should Levy gets his head out of his ar$e and build this fcuking stadium Yes/No

Even getting 13 out of a possible 15 points? Admittedly in many of the games we were fortunate not to be punished for sloppy play, but we lost 0-3 to Wet Spam and only just scraped past Hull at home under AVB.

Yes, i will judge Sherwood at the end of the season and see where we end up. Apart from the Stoke game we have looked poor and we have been knocked out of two cups.

The right decision was taken for me although in some respects he should have been given the season to prove/disprove that he was taking us backwards. Simple case of giving him all the available rope and seeing if he hangs himself or not......terrible analogy but my best way of describing why he should have been in one sense, alllowed to stay and inevitably finish 7th/8th which is the likely scenario if eveybody is being honest and then suffered the certain sacking that would have followed.

I like him but in the end he just wasn't flexible enough on certain matters to stay in charge and actually get the best out of the players. Sherwood is not ideal either but we may as well go with it for the time being. One thing I feel pretty sure of is that under AVB we wouldn't have won at Southampton or Man Utd and no doubt wouldn't have beaten Stoke either or certainly not as emphatically. People will say he won at both those grounds last season but morale was in a very different place then and losing so heavily to Liverpool meant a trip to Southampton would have got a bit messy imo and then you go into those xmas fixtures even lower in confidence and struggling even more against two sides at home that you should manage to beat.

It should be a sackable offence losing 0-3 at home to West Sham.

I agree in some respects tbh. I think losing that badly against a side like that is a terrible indictment and was infinitely worse than either of the defeats against City/Liverpool.

Yes, i will judge Sherwood at the end of the season and see where we end up. Apart from the Stoke game we have looked poor and we have been knocked out of two cups.

I don't have a problem with people questioning the decision to appoint Sherwood, but to say we've been poor is inaccurate. We played well at Southampton and at United. First half against Palace wasn't good enough fair point, but we always play **** at Arsenal no matter who the manager is. We created more chances in those games than we did under AVB.

It should be a sackable offence losing 0-3 at home to West Sham.

Liverpool did it for me. The West Ham result was unnacceptable but we always have one shocking performance every season in the league at WHL even the year we first finished 4th. Everyone has been battered at The Etihad so I wasn't calling for his head even after that one. But the Liverpool result was one too many hammerings in a relatively short space of time that I felt enough was enough. That coupled with his snapping at the media and mishandling of several players and certain situations i.e. Lloris' head injury meant he had to go.

Back