• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vs Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool

GrimsbyYid

Gus Poyet
Okay, so no midfielder and striker is borderline disastrous. But how does our squad co pare to our rivals (for fun people can throw in Everton or whoever the too). I don't know the full extent of rival squads, so can people provide them. Here is what I have for Spurs

---------------------Lloris
Walker--Alderweireld--Vertonghen--Rose
——————Dier--Bentaleb
Son---------------Eriksen—————Chadli
---------------------Kane

-------------------Vorm
Trippier---Wimmer——Fazio------Davies
--------------Mason--Alli
Dembele———Lamela———Pritchard
————————Njie

Onomah, Winks, Carroll, Townsend

Bar strikers and no standout midfield it's pretty healthy. So how does it compare to those around us?

I'd personally have Mason over Bentaleb, I rate the latter very highly despite his recent slump but Mason Is the heartbeat of our team IMHO, take him out and even with Kane in the team we look below par.

I'd personally have Mason over Bentaleb, I rate the latter very highly despite his recent slump but Mason Is the heartbeat of our team IMHO, take him out and even with Kane in the team we look below par.

fishing.jpg

Play like we did first half Stoke and we'll be a match for anyone. Play like we played against Everton but with finishing and we'll be the same. Our squad has so much potential. It also has the propensity to deliver a second half Stoke performance. That's the frustration.

Play like we did first half Stoke and we'll be a match for anyone. Play like we played against Everton but with finishing and we'll be the same. Our squad has so much potential. It also has the propensity to deliver a second half Stoke performance. That's the frustration.

That happens when you have a few young players in the same team, its a learning curve but as you say the squad has a lot of potential so it will happen from time to time.

Who are our senior players that the young players look to when they may start losing their heads? You know, to steady things in an emotional fiery game away at, say, the Emirate, Stamford Bridge or The Potteries?

Lloris? Who else?

Who are our senior players that the young players look to when they may start losing their heads? You know, to steady things in an emotional fiery game away at, say, the Emirate, Stamford Bridge or The Potteries?

Lloris? Who else?

Who have we had doing that in the past???

We haven't had a leader for a bloody long time and although it has cost us in some instances it has t really Ch aged our league position much at all

King? Dawson? Parker? Keane?

Of that lot IMO only Keane and dawsonnshiwed any passion and leadership

King was a hell of a player but never ever a captain in anything other than top boy status

Parker was incredibly quite on the pitch IMO

Keane was a pain for the opposition and stuck up for players and showed his ugly side

King was a hell of a player but never ever a captain in anything other than top boy status

Keane was a pain for the opposition and stuck up for players and showed his ugly side

You can lead vocally and by example. The point is we have one of the youngest (if not THE youngest) teams around and they will need some guidance at key points on the pitch. Who will they look to when they get the wobbles in a key game apart from Lloris?

So what two teams can our rivals out together? Is their squad depth far superior to ours?

Not IMO because like us their all unbalanced in some areas

Liverpool - scatter gun approach and don't actually have a left footed player in the side. Spent a fortune on attacking players and only one defender yet their defence was arguably their weakest link last season (like ours). There problem was the goal scored column from the year before his the poor defence

United - even Uniteds former players think he is buying names not players. He finally got in a number 9... Only its a young lad who hasn't really played much there and cost a small fortune (no pressure). They have clearly signed some talent but look nowhere near a team and their squad depth is still made up of unproven kids

Arsenal - only one striker too (sound familiar), and having to regularly play an attacking player in the double pivot where they look uncomfortable. Lack of depth on defence highlighted in recent game vs Pool and lack of forward options too in that game

I could go on. We have addressed a lot of issues but like others some remain

If we carry on on playing like we did vs Stoke and Everyon the points will come. We haven't played bad so far at all this season. Naively yes, slow yes, but I don't think we have been poor and we have created and scored

There are other ways to show leadership than just yelling, pointing fingers and waving arms at players. King led by example and his composure spread to everyone else when he was on the pitch. It is no coincidence that everyone that he played next to was a better player when next to him. He probably talked them through the game without you being able to see it.

Same could be said with Parker. Just because you dont see him shouting doesnt mean he doesnt speak to players through the game.

We've strengthened moderately

Arsenal have strengthened marginally

Liverpool are a shambles and have weakened

United have bought an incredible midfield (Depay-Schneiderlin-Schweinsteiger-Martial), but have limited options up front and are weak at the back (Smalling and Jones, snigger)

I predict the top 2 will be clear, there will be a gap to United, then a bigger gap to Arsenal (4th), us (a close 5th) and Liverpool might scrape 6th again depending who their next manager is

Ar5ena1 have strengthened marginally

United have bought an incredible midfield (Depay-Schneiderlin-Schweinsteiger-Martial), but have limited options up front and are weak at the back (Smalling and Jones, snigger)

I predict the top 2 will be clear, there will be a gap to United, then a bigger gap to Ar5ena1 (4th), us (a close 5th) and Liverpool might scrape 6th again depending who their next manager is

I don't know how you can argue Liverpool are a shambles. Benteke is proven in this league and will score goals, Firmino is also highly rated.

United have as many strikers as we do, 1 and I'd take their back four over ours.

I don't know how you can argue Liverpool are a shambles. Benteke is proven in this league and will score goals, Firmino is also highly rated.

United have as many strikers as we do, 1 and I'd take their back four over ours.

Whaat????? mate, United's back line at times looks like brick with Carrick and Schneiderlin in front of them. Put that lot in our team, it would look like Kaboul time all over again.

Not IMO because like us their all unbalanced in some areas

Liverpool - scatter gun approach and don't actually have a left footed player in the side. Spent a fortune on attacking players and only one defender yet their defence was arguably their weakest link last season (like ours). There problem was the goal scored column from the year before his the poor defence

United - even Uniteds former players think he is buying names not players. He finally got in a number 9... Only its a young lad who hasn't really played much there and cost a small fortune (no pressure). They have clearly signed some talent but look nowhere near a team and their squad depth is still made up of unproven kids

Ar5ena1 - only one striker too (sound familiar), and having to regularly play an attacking player in the double pivot where they look uncomfortable. Lack of depth on defence highlighted in recent game vs Pool and lack of forward options too in that game

I could go on. We have addressed a lot of issues but like others some remain

If we carry on on playing like we did vs Stoke and Everyon the points will come. We haven't played bad so far at all this season. Naively yes, slow yes, but I don't think we have been poor and we have created and scored

Would agree with all of that, I think only Chelski and City are sorted and the Arse will be 3rd I think. The rest of the positions are up for grabs and the other teams ( including us) are all in with a shout.

Think 'shambles' is a bit harsh.

I'd say that Clyne (for Walker), Milner (for Mason or Lamela), Coutinho (for Chadli or Lamela) and Benteke (Kane dropping deep) would walk into our team.

Pretty sure Henderson, Can and Lallana would be in with a shout too.

And despite his appalling form, I'd still go with Lovren over Vertonghen.

Back