• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

THFCSteff please tell me why you think there is a great player in there. He is of average speed, small for a centre half and is weak as f**k.

Out of his depth even if you ignore his lack of concentration, tendency to make errors and putting the team under constant pressure

I still like Vlad, i havent forgotten about his excellent performances during the first half of last season.Clearly low on confidence at the moment.

I still like Vlad, i havent forgotten about his excellent performances during the first half of last season.Clearly low on confidence at the moment.

And also clearly really low on ability right about now. As for a player getting significantly worse the more he plays, well Vlad is the poster boy for that right now.

And also clearly really low on ability right about now. As for a player getting significantly worse the more he plays, well Vlad is the poster boy for that right now.

Yes he dosnt deserve to be in the team at the moment of course, but i still think he has the ability.
Still, even if he dosnt come good, some of the comments that have been thrown at him here have been disgusting.

He was outstanding against Everton last year. That's about it I'm afraid.

'I know I didn't play well lately, but I'm working very hard at the moment. I'm still not 100% fit'

'I know how fans are thinking, I hope they will forget the bad things after my first good game'

'I know myself. I'm sure I'll get over this. I'm working like mad to do it'

THFCSteff please tell me why you think there is a great player in there. He is of average speed, small for a centre half and is weak as f**k.

Out of his depth even if you ignore his lack of concentration, tendency to make errors and putting the team under constant pressure

He has, last season, shown great poise on the ball, he has shown the ability to pass it out of defense, he was making some wonderfully timed tackles last season and he is a footballer not a clumping clodhopper. No argument that he has been poor this season, but there have been several poor performers…

I concede that 'great' might be overcooking the egg of potential here, but I do think there is a player of some talent in there, I just hope he re-appears in time to convince people.

'I know I didn't play well lately, but I'm working very hard at the moment. I'm still not 100% fit'

'I know how fans are thinking, I hope they will forget the bad things after my first good game'

Why the **** is he being selected if he isnt 100% then, ridiculous when we have 4 CBs without him

Well at least he's acknowledged he's been rubbish. Still would rather we sold him and gave Dier more time at CB. Although would be happy to be proved wrong about Vlad.

Well at least he's acknowledged he's been rubbish. Still would rather we sold him and gave Dier more time at CB. Although would be happy to be proved wrong about Vlad.

Too risky when made-of-glass Kaboul is one of our other CBs and Fazio is still new to the country

I still think theres a decent player in Vlad he was awful the other night but I still have faith.

I think loaning him out for a season to a Swansea, Southampton would do him the world of good learn the league playing week in week out.

His decision making has to improve massively and thankfully thats something that can be taught quickly

Marky, here's the thing with those 4 CB's:

Kaboul can only play one game a week
Fazio is being used in the cups already
Vertonghen we can not afford to get injured
Dier is playing right back - because

Walker is injured, and
Naughton is our only other right back, who we can't risk.

i don't see why we need to rotate CB's and keeper. In fact i do believe that as a unit they perform better if they keep on playing all games.

I still think theres a decent player in Vlad he was awful the other night but I still have faith.

I think loaning him out for a season to a Swansea, Southampton would do him the world of good learn the league playing week in week out.

His decision making has to improve massively and thankfully thats something that can be taught quickly

He wouldnt get a game

The only defence for his performance was the elbow to his nose and having it stuffed with cotton wool. But he'd already looked shaky before that.

1. He tries to do too much on the ball often. He thinks his USP as it were, what he's known for, is being a ball playing CB. Evaluating him on height, speed, strength etc he'll come out second best to others in the squad. So his strength as he sees it is his ability to play the ball out from the back. But that has been his Achilles heel. First you need to do the simple things well, and then start to show your attacking potential. At the moment he gets caught in possession, tries to do too much on the ball and f ucks it up more often than not.

2. He loses confidence, and is not focused on defending. Which was often poor. He was up against a very physical player, and we've see better players air kick a ball, but he didn't do the simple defensive things well at all.

Back to basics Vlad. Or give him a loan to Italy or something.

He has, last season, shown great poise on the ball, he has shown the ability to pass it out of defense, he was making some wonderfully timed tackles last season and he is a footballer not a clumping clodhopper. No argument that he has been poor this season, but there have been several poor performers…

I concede that 'great' might be overcooking the egg of potential here, but I do think there is a player of some talent in there, I just hope he re-appears in time to convince people.

I think this is part of the problem. We as Spurs fans always want nice, pretty footballers rather than tough tackling, no nonsense centre halves with good fundamental play and good positional sense. Vlad just takes far too many risks for a centre back. He's a poor man's David Luiz, and that's talking him up to be blunt.

Back