• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

I defended him as he showed some promising displays before he got injured last season. But deary me....

Caulker isn't the best player and has had lots of personal issues but how we saw this guy as an upgrade is beyond me. Looked ok, if a bit dodgy but in 2014 he has been woeful.

How did baldini earmark a 6ft cente half who is weak and and can't head a ball. I mean really?

Must go. End of. I said it during the game long before his final double brainfart.

The worst part was that he unsettled the entire back line.

Walker/Naughton, alongside Dier + Fazio, and Davies at left back will be so much better.

Assuming Walker won't be back anytime soon, we should play Vert and Fazio together, with Dier at right back.

Please no more Chiriches!

Would love to know Pochettino's honest thoughts on him right now. Perhaps he rates him. Who knows.

Walker/Naughton, alongside Dier + Fazio, and Davies at left back will be so much better.

As if Davies is doing any better, we might has well have played Connor Ogilvie and saved the £10m for our striker budget.
Hope Danny Rose is fit again soon.

As if Davies is doing any better, we might has well have played Connor Ogilvie and saved the £10m for our striker budget.
Hope Danny Rose is fit again soon.

Davies isn't doing very well, but he's not the car crash that Chiriches is. We can get away with Davies for the minute, we can't get away with Chiriches. Poch probably knows this, that's why he didn't play him against Belgrade.

The more I think about it, the more I think we WILL see him back in the team soon; simply because he's the only one that has a decent turn of pace.

I think he'll be removed from the firing line for now, but I expect he'll play next in n away game when the hope will be if he has a good game (and a further two solid away games) he and we the fans will build up confidence in him again..

Where has our pace across the pitch gone?? With Walker away, we look generally very slow compared to two seasons ago imo...

The more I think about it, the more I think we WILL see him back in the team soon; simply because he's the only one that has a decent turn of pace.

I think he'll be removed from the firing line for now, but I expect he'll play next in n away game when the hope will be if he has a good game (and a further two solid away games) he and we the fans will build up confidence in him again..

Where has our pace across the pitch gone?? With Walker away, we look generally very slow compared to two seasons ago imo...

Does pace matter that much. Good reading of play and anticipation with decent touch, technique makes you a player. Otherwise, you get a cross between Usain and an headless chicken.

if Poch wasn't bothered about pace daws would still be captain

Last edited:

Yes Woeful is kind, but I do wonder whether this is another square peg in round holes and that he just cannot play the right side. Maybe he has his whole life played left side.

A bit like a boxer changing his stance for the first time to southpaw.

yet another player that most defended and most tried to pass the blame (ie Chiriches horrendous mistakes and performances) onto Dawson last season. I'm glad the majority now see him for the utter waster he is.

Does pace matter that much. Good reading of play and anticipation with decent touch, technique makes you a player. Otherwise, you get a cross between Usain and an headless chicken.

I think pace in the PL does matter. At least whilst many of our other CBs are actually quite slow. It's not everything and you are right that good reading of the game matters more.
But in the PL a slow backline can be fatal...

Back