• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Brave after the clash with Bony too. looked like a nasty lump appearing above his eye. Got a bit of warrior about him albeit with a nifty turn when dribbling. Interesting to once Jan is back who gets dropped out Chiriches and Dawson. I'd say Dawson gets dropped to the bench.

I liked his long pass to Adebayor too; a long ball played with purpose, and which very nearly created a goal for Adebayor.

I didn't see though whether Adebayor thanked Vlad for the pass. I was curious after Adebayor's criticism of Dembele.

I'm sure he survived. Still I hope Sherwood isn't letting them too far off the leash

I liked his long pass to Adebayor too; a long ball played with purpose, and which very nearly created a goal for Adebayor.

I didn't see though whether Adebayor thanked Vlad for the pass. I was curious after Adebayor's criticism of Dembele.

Ade sent Vlad a hand-written note on velum paper sealed with wax and accompanied by a single yellow long-stemmed rose.

As someone mentioned earlier clearly our Ledley replacement this makes it official! I have no problem with players having drinks and even getting drunk when there is this much between games. However, Vlad took it too far obviously. Not that it is a huge deal as it is he wasn't driving or arrested but still makes him and the club look bad. I would say he will be probably get a fine and get on with it. He is in good form after all

same here i don't care what players do on their own time, its their risk if they want enjoy life now and jeopardize their perforances on the pitch. it will level out in the next contract discussion. with capitalism, there are always other younger hungrier players in-waiting who are usually cheaper too.

As someone mentioned earlier clearly our Ledley replacement this makes it official! I have no problem with players having drinks and even getting drunk when there is this much between games. However, Vlad took it too far obviously. Not that it is a huge deal as it is he wasn't driving or arrested but still makes him and the club look bad. I would say he will be probably get a fine and get on with it. He is in good form after all

In mitigation it looks snowy and icy where he is, so some extra drunk attention to not falling seems to be going on here too!

Sherwood in his interview via the Mirror:

Meanhile, Sherwood vowed Vlad Chiriches will escape a fine, despite a video emerging of the defender apparently so drunk he could barely stand during a trip home to Romania.

Sherwood said: "I saw it. He had a weekend off. He has got to play well tomorrow. We won't fine him. He wasn't breaking rules. He was unsteady on his legs. It's windy over there!"

=D> The weather did look atrocious

Meanhile, Sherwood vowed Vlad Chiriches will escape a fine, despite a video emerging of the defender apparently so drunk he could barely stand during a trip home to Romania.

Sherwood said: "I saw it. He had a weekend off. He has got to play well tomorrow. We won't fine him. He wasn't breaking rules. He was unsteady on his legs. It's windy over there!"

good call sherwood.

good call sherwood.

Handled it well. Last thing we want is more media attention over this.

That said, I'm not happy to see players this much influenced by alcohol during the season. Obviously I don't know how much he's had, but he looks far more shaky than I did after six beers last Saturday. And as others have pointed out on this forum earlier, there is research that shows how alcohol - even in small quantities - have a negative impact on athletes' physical condition, and this impact will last much longer than the hangover itself.

When you're paid ridiculous money to perform at the very highest level, it is my belief you should cut down on alcohol to the very minimum - even completely, like C. Ronaldo - in order to stay as fit as possible. I wouldn't be against players enjoy the occational glass of wine or beer, by all means, but if I was the manager I would not be happy to see my player jeopardising his physical condition mid-season like that.

That's my opinion, anyway.

its their life; let them ruin it.
i'm sure they get plenty of career advice... but like us, only a few are destined for glory, and quite a few are happy to stay on the second rung

:lol:

its their life; let them ruin it.
i'm sure they get plenty of career advice... but like us, only a few are destined for glory, and quite a few are happy to stay on the second rung

I think the problem here is that it can also have a negative effect on our results, not just on the player's career. I don't give a **** about Vlad Chiriches, but I do give a **** about Tottenham.

Back