• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vital Statistics

How old are you? 27

How long have you supported Spurs? Since I was about 6 and first got into football

Why did you pick Spurs? My Dad and Mum both supported them so I followed in their footsteps. My first memory of them is getting beat 4-1 by Everton in the FA cup semi final but fortunately that didn't put me off.

has this season been a success? In the grand scheme of things, I think it has. We've lost a couple of real world class players, replaced them with either average players or players with potential to be excellent and have still managed to be up there challenging. Think we will finish 5th, but I think Bale will stay for one more year.

How old are you? 60

How long have you supported Spurs? since 1960

Why did you pick Spurs? My cousins used to take me and the ground was only a tuppenny bus ride away.

Has this season been a success? Yes, my only worry is that the new stadium will take the funds away from the team and stop us progressing.

How old are you? 33

How long have you supported Spurs? Since the age of 7

Why did you pick Spurs?
1987 FA Cup final v Coventry. I really wanted to watch it but had been a naughty little boy that day so my Dad (West Ham fan) wouldn't let me! It was back in the day when they used to re-run it at 4am, so i woke up early and crept downstairs to watch it!
To spite him, i thought i'd pick one of the teams and support them for life rather than follow in his West Ham footsteps. Not really understanding the rivalry (or geography!!), I got lucky that i picked Spurs as could've very easily ended up a Coventry supporter!!! Started my relationship with an FA Cup Final defeat of course, but i feel it put me in good stead for the next 26 years of pain!!

has this season been a success?
It should feel like a success. We've played some great stuff and have one of the world's best players in our ranks. Amassing our best ever points total is a great achievement. Such a shame then that it'll all feel like it was for nothing if we lose out to our two rivals. Biggest problem is that if we miss out this year we're likely to lose Bale and not attract the quality we need (see Damiao, Moutinho, Hulk etc). Chelsea will gain Mourinho and Arsene gets his £££ war-chest for spends. The chances of then competing against them with the likes of Dempsey, Hudd and Parker will not sit well with me!

Im old , younger than Jimmy-g but old lol

Since 1967.

I chose Spurs cos my dad who's a Gooner, was one of those football fans that would alternate between WHL and the Library. Back in those days many a Gooner would pop over to WHL when their Goon team were on an away trip out of town.
My dad would say to me , I go to Highbury to watch Arsenal win, but I come to WHL to be entertained .

My football loving heart was captured by the fact that we were the great entertainers and then on seeing that awesome shelf stand, I was hooked .

Its been a little disappointing domestic cup wise but the league results have been great. To rack up 66 points, with the squad we have and with the injuries suffered, has been nothing short of brilliant and I know we can do better .
Gareth Bale I hear you say but for me, it's not just about the welsh wizard.

Hopefully, Levy will back AVB this summer with a decent amount of team funding as the young manager deserves it.

Okay I'm 54 but
when Tottenham score a goal
I still lose control :)
COYS! \0/

Im old , younger than Jimmy-g but old lol

Since 1967.

I chose Spurs cos my dad who's a Gooner, was one of those football fans that would alternate between WHL and the Library. Back in those days many a Gooner would pop over to WHL when their Goon team were on an away trip out of town.
My dad would say to me , I go to Highbury to watch Arsenal win, but I come to WHL to be entertained .

My football loving heart was captured by the fact that we were the great entertainers and then on seeing that awesome shelf stand, I was hooked .

Its been a little disappointing domestic cup wise but the league results have been great. To rack up 66 points, with the squad we have and with the injuries suffered, has been nothing short of brilliant and I know we can do better .
Gareth Bale I hear you say but for me, it's not just about the welsh wizard.

Hopefully, Levy will back AVB this summer with a decent amount of team funding as the young manager deserves it.

Okay I'm 54 but
when Tottenham score a goal
I still lose control :)
COYS! \0/

Oi age is in the mind you young upstart, lol.

Not to start a witch hunt but it'll be interesting to see. A few on here have commented on a new breed of Spurs fan so:

How old are you?

How long have you supported Spurs? (And I mean properly not 'Since I was 1 day old')

32 years

Why did you pick Spurs?

I lived in a rural part of Wiltshire as a child. At school I loved playing football and of course there were the usual arguments about teams and who supported who. I was always being asked who i supported and the other children all seem to support either West ham or liverpool. Me being me refused to follow the crowd and so would sit down at the weekend and watch footie on the TV. The only team I was drawn to was Spurs. The white kit, players like Villa, Ardiles, Hoddle, Archibald etc lured me in. And that was it and through pain, tears, stress and pure joy I'm still here.

Also - has this season been a success?

I think so as it has exceeded my expectations. Although the football being played isn't as sexy as before we certainly seem to have more resilliance.

First memory was the 87 cup final, went to my first game a year later, had a season ticket in Paxton upper since 1989/90.

Old man supports spurs.

Yea we're on course for a decent season, I expected to get 5th but not really challenge 4th so slightly better than expectations currently and if we do get 4th I think you'd have to call it an outstanding success. What is encouraging is that we've beaten all the top teams this year bar chelski, so we can clearly mix it with the best, even in a transition season.

Not to start a witch hunt but it'll be interesting to see. A few on here have commented on a new breed of Spurs fan so:

How old are you? 47
How long have you supported Spurs? (And I mean properly not 'Since I was 1 day old') Since I was 7 years old. First match at the lane I was 9, season ticket from 14 until I was 20Why did you pick Spurs? My old man supported L'Arse (Loosely, he was born in Holloway) So I decided to wind him up

Ill start with mine.

20 years
Watched Norwich V Tottenham in the FA Cup in 1993 and fell in love with the white shirts and blue shorts!! That was literally it.

Also - has this season been a success? IMO yes. As long as AVB is given time to mature with us
I have to answer yes. Please be honest I'm just interested to see if the answers differ from age of poster.

All the above, and my cousin who took me to my first match

How old are you? 37 in August

How long have you supported Spurs? all my life. Was in a spurs kit at 2 days old and it was huge lookn at the photos. But m first game was the league cup final v liverpoo n 81 I think and I was punched by a Liverpoo fan in the toilets a Wembley.

Why did you pick Spurs? didn't really have a choice. Dad took me as soon as he could

Has this season been a success? massively IMO. We are achieving better results overall with a first team that isn as good. We will set a club record and may still miss out in top 4. I wrote this season off as a transition one and that's what riled me with the tools on sky last night. How many of last nights team played last season Under Harry? Lloris didn't, Dawson didn't for most of it, Hudd didn't, Holtby didn't, Verts didn't... That's half a team there not including the bench.

Bu anyway that's my details

How old are you?

How long have you supported Spurs? (And I mean properly not 'Since I was 1 day old')
Since i was 5 years old. First game was v Exeter in the FA cup in 81 i think.

Why did you pick Spurs?
Funny this really. I used to live near Northumberland park station until I was 6. My Dad was a glory hunting Man Yoo fan and so decided to take me to a Man Yoo v Tottenham game at the lane when i was 5. We stood on the shelf and Spurs won. So i decided to support the team in white. Glad I supported my local side and did not become a glory hunting London Manc.

Has this season been a success?
For me i will be disappointed that we have missed the champions league. But its been a season where we lost our two best creative players and they were not replaced with the players AVB wanted. I feel we will go strength to strength under AVB so am happy to a point. But I feel Levy needs to buy early this summer and let AVB work with his new players so we can start fast next season.

I think its been around 20 years now

I don't really know. Dad supported Man U, grandad and stepdad were both ipswich fans. I just have a memory of watching match of the day in the early 90's and we had a big win against Leeds and i think i became a fan from those highlights. Sheringham became my favourite player and the rest is history. I think it was the following season i went to my first match and saw Jason Dozzell score a last minute equaliser against Ipswich Town at Portman Road.

As for this season i hoped even with the changes in the summer, we would be able to challenge for a top four place and whilst it hasn't been pretty at times that's what we've done so it has met my expectations and as such i have to consider it a success.

How old are you? 51

How long have you supported Spurs? Since 1970

Why did you pick Spurs? Something about Pat Jennings (I'm from Northern Ireland), Alan Mullery and collecting Esso World Cup Coins. First squad I can remember: Jennings, Kinnear, Knowles, Mullery, England, Beal, Gilzean, Perryman, Chivers, Peters, Pearce, Naylor. As an eight year old I wrote to a couple of clubs to find out more about them, yeah, I know - geek and there was no internet then and not much on telly compared to today. Spurs sent me back a glossy team photo with printed autographs, wish I still had it!

Has this season been a success? I think so. Overall - new Manager, new Keeper, new Centre Half, new midfielders to bed in, after losing Modric, VDV and Ledley. We're still in the mix for CL and have practically ensured European qualification through Europa. Remember qualifying for the first time in years under BMJ - "We're all going on a European Tour!" Now it seems that that is not remotely good enough. I know we all want the next level, but where were we 9 or 10 years ago?

How old are you? 40

How long have you supported Spurs? Since the early 80's

Why did you pick Spurs? Not born in UK, was always a footy fan, the only games we got on TV were FA Cup games, Spurs were a cup side, and in the early 80's had the players and the style that appealed to me. Little did I realize I signed on just before the dark ages

Has this season been a success? Yes/No, Yes it that technically (like the last 2 Seasons) with the changes in team and manager, with the results, understanding the squad/spend the current top 4 have, we have done well. No, in that it feels like another lost opportunity, can't help feeling a 15-20M investment in January would have swung a point or two our way.

How old are you? 30

How long have you supported Spurs? 26 years (although cant remember the games up until about 7)

Why did you pick Spurs? Was forced into it by 3 of my 5 brothers (all older) on my 1st day of school I was bought a Spurs bag and had to carry it every day. Although having said that my mum and dad bought me a 1990 JVC Arsenal away kit on my 7th birthday as the Spurs kits were all sold out! I actually wore this.... shocking I know..

Has this season been a success? Yes, if we get 72 points and no Champions League football its just the way it is but it would be the best points total we have got in the premier league!

Last edited:
How old are you? 30

How long have you supported Spurs? Since I was about 7-8

Why did you pick Spurs? It was the combination of the name, kit and just the general vibe the team gave me. There are plenty of Uniteds and Cities, but only one Hotspur. Loved the white kits

Has this season been a success? More than I hoped for after the first few games, so yes.

How old am I? 21

Supported spurs for as long as I can remember.... one of my early memories of spurs - I went to the '99 cup final (in the Leicester end :s )

My support for spurs was inherited from my dad, my granddad, his dad etc..

I think this season has been a success, ok so we should maybe have secured 4th from the position we were in a couple of months ago, but generally I feel really optimistic about the next 5 years, which is partly fuelled by our first half of the season, partly by the potential for our own points record and partly because I think we have a great base squad to now build on, we'll keep our best players, hopefully make one or two top signings and kick on from there.

Last edited:
How old are you? 28
How long have you supported Spurs? 21 years
Why did you pick Spurs? Saw this Paul Gascoigne fella who I recalled seeing a year earlier on the telly at the World Cup. This time he was playing for 'Spurs' then he belted in a free kick from 35 yards. And that was that!

and the reason for your ridiculous posts are now crystal clear.

haha, I thought EXACTLY the same :) Before reading this thread I read his comment "If THudd ever wears a spurs shirt again... blah blah blah" in the ratings thread!!

How old are you? 22

How long have you supported Spurs? beating southampton 7-2 springs to mind, probably a bit before

Why did you pick Spurs? My Dad.

has this season been a success? We`ll soon find out. As long as we keep on finisingh behind Arsenal, it will be a failure

Back