• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Would you say he's acclimatised to living in a foreign country, got used to the pace and physicality of the PL, learnt all his teammates traits/movements, and knows Poch's tactics instinctively?

Do not ask hard questions for those who not understand them. ;)

Honesty and knowing what you're talking about are two separate things...

I agree but Im a bit of a Souness fan boy :oops: like he shoots from the hip.
Use to like Gary Neville but he's gone a bit weird with all the Man U circus fallout.

Last edited:
As I said earlier, it depends on your view of Spurs. I still remember fondly the quality strikers that we have had. I hope Janssen falls into that group before December. At the moment, he is falling into the group of strikers that I dont remember so fondly.

As I said earlier, it depends on your view of Spurs. I still remember fondly the quality strikers that we have had. I hope Janssen falls into that group before December. At the moment, he is falling into the group of strikers that I dont remember so fondly.

You are risking be called a blasphemer.....;)

Other case could be that he is taking too long for a club at the EPL level i.e. some Spurs fans are afraid of making a decision (and terming it as support of him) because he may turn out better.

It takes most new arrivals until their second season to get up-to-speed. Look at Son now, compared to last season.

And look what Poch did to already settled but seemingly mediocre players like Rose and Dembele, after a year of coaching.

It takes most new arrivals until their second season to get up-to-speed. Look at Son now, compared to last season.

And look what Poch did to already settled but seemingly mediocre players like Rose and Dembele, after a year of coaching.

Some people just can't let this one lie can they?! Its ok to be wrong about a player, he didn't miraculously become great overnight! The reality is he had one bad season under AVB, like Everyone else in the squad, the rest of the time he was, at the least, very good for us.

That is not Janssens fault and no one can accuse him of not giving it his all. So the situation we find ourselves in is not of Janssens doing. Vincent is in truth not was not what was required for this Pochettino team.

We have landed ourselves in a situation of a perfect storm striker and thus goal wise.
Harry was freakishly outstanding over the past two seasons, bless him. I for one was gobsmacked at what he did.
We of course needed a understudy/backup striker to take the burden off Harry and GHod forbid he gets injured.
What do Spurs do, look for a bargain! When will we learn?

Now we have our main striker down and his replacement floundering as he valiantly attempts to become a Kane MkII. Not in a million years and as Ive said that not at VJ's door.

Who ever chose/scouted/bought VJ needs to take a serious look in the mirror.

This situation has already started to take its toll points wise and I'm not at all sure this is not going to continue.

How has this situation taken a toll points wise??? And how has Jansenn affected our points tally be negatively???

Some people just can't let this one lie can they?! Its ok to be wrong about a player, he didn't miraculously become great overnight! The reality is he had one bad season under AVB, like Everyone else in the squad, the rest of the time he was, at the least, very good for us.

He's definitely a better player now than he ever was (Dembele). He moves the ball much more quickly and in the right areas.

Don't get me wrong, he always had the attributes to be a great player, but his decision making was lacking. Since Poch took over, that has really really improved. Maybe coincidence, maybe not, I like to think it's down to Poch personally.

Anyways, the Dembele thing has been done to death. On Janssen, give him time. Looks very very good with his back to goal, seems to want to bring others into play. Hasn't found his scoring boots yet, but didn't find them till late in Holland either, and unlike Soldado - He's only 22.

I thought Janssen did really well last night. I thought the commentators and analysts talked absolute bo11ocks about his performance. He got little service at all and pretty much no service that I would describe as 'good'. Despite that he caused their defence problems all night. He set up good attacking positions for us, got into very good positions in the penalty box (between their two centre halves or between a centre half and full back) on 4 or 5 occasions only for the ball not to be delivered to him.

He basically had three chances last night. The header at the back post that wasn't easy at all, the penalty that he dispatched confidently and a decent effort from a reasonably tight angle that he did everything right with and their keeper made a decent save.

Had Wanyama squared the ball to an unmarked Janssen standing in the middle of the goal about 8 yards out instead of shooting a few minutes from the end. This morning we might've been talking about how a Janssen double rescued the game for us.

There was one particularly ridiculous bit of commentary last night where Janssen got himself space between the defenders on the edge of the six yard box as one of our players (I think Nkoudou?) got to the byeline on the left. A low cross into the six yard area would probably have resulted in a goal, but instead a high ball to the back post was delivered. The commentator then criticised Janssen for not being aware enough to hold his run and drift to the back post in anticipation of that (poor) cross, instead of concentrating on how Janssen had made exactly the right run only for the ball into be completely the wrong one.

How has this situation taken a toll points wise??? And how has Janssen affected our points tally be negatively???

Goals or lack thereof. Nothing to do with last nights overall performance, we were abject but I was expecting it.

You know what what my views are on the summer recruitment, Wanyana was brilliant. As for the rest, poor and I'm being restrained. I thought we had learned, but Moussa Dembele not leading the line for us at Anfield last night proves we have not.

Leicester next - christ I'll be bloody annoyed we dont get all three points.
But the sad thing is not sure offensively we have the firepower.

Goals or lack thereof. Nothing to do with last nights overall performance, we were abject but I was expecting it.

You know what what my views are on the summer recruitment Wanyana was brilliant. As for the rest, poor and I'm being restrained. I thought we had learned, but Moussa Dembele not leading the line for us at Anfield last night proves we have not.

But in the games where he has played where has his lack of goals cost us league points?

Could argue west brom but we were at our best with him in and he got no service for the Majority of the time

You know what what my views are on the summer recruitment, Wanyana was brilliant. As for the rest, poor and I'm being restrained. I thought we had learned, but Moussa Dembele not leading the line for us at Anfield last night proves we have not.

Hmmmm.... Is it fair to lay the problem of a lack of goals at Janssen's door?... An at his peak Pele could've been playing up front for us last night and we wouldn't have scored any more than the single goal that we scored.

I think that Janssen not scoring is a symptom of the problem, not the cause of it.

Back