• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I don't buy in to this idea that a goal against Millwall will turn around his season. That he will be full of confidence now. Or that it was some mental issue that was affecting his finishing. He missed chances after he scored against Millwall. He will do the same if he gets on the pitch against Southampton.

The guy is so easy to defend against. All any team need to do is push up, keep Janssen away from the box and the guy is way too slow to run in behind.

The guy is so easy to defend against. All any team need to do is push up, keep Janssen away from the box and the guy is way too slow to run in behind.

Not that easy during 90 minutes. Even you and I would be able to sneak into the box from time to time.

I don't buy in to this idea that a goal against Millwall will turn around his season. That he will be full of confidence now. Or that it was some mental issue that was affecting his finishing. He missed chances after he scored against Millwall. He will do the same if he gets on the pitch against Southampton.

latest

By all means push up on us, but you're then letting Toby find Alli's runs in behind which he would love to get on the end of. Not to mention if Son is playing more now Kane is out. And in any case, it's not as if Kane is a 100m sprinter is it? Janssen was bought because he has a lot of similar attributes to Kane.

Very well taken goal and it was great to see. Watching Vincent for the rest of his time on the pitch, he does have a strange habit of moving towards the ball when one of our players is in possession, rather than hitting space.

I do think scoring yesterday, and the reaction of his teammates, will have done him a lot of good.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

VJ will score 15 league goals this season. Not all penalties. ITK.

haha, if he was to make 15 goals this season, we would probably win the league ... All jokes aside, if he could play a bit part for rest of season and get a few goals, 3-5, it could set him up for a decent role next season.

His challenge is unless he does amazingly start banging them in, the club is going to have to buy a plan B striker for next season and their will be more competition for playing time.

Maybe with Kane out, he'll get some time on the field with our best team and setup, i.e. 3-4-2-1/3-5-2 with FB's playing up (Think Janssen would do ok on wide service) and having Dele/Son/Eriksen around him. Has he ever played for us with the 3-5-2 setup and close to full strength first team?

Well it was only Millwall, but from that one-touch finish you can see why the club may have targetted him. Has there been another similar finish with one touch from that position right in the corner?

The skill is clearly there; let's hope he can play in a pacy team as that will allow him more space to peel off defenders and not get bogged down in the tussles and grapples so much...

Back