• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Janssen will score fewer goals than Kane, but set up more for his team mates. Two assists today (if you are slightly generous about the second goal). He is so strong with his back to goal, and it is great weapon to play to ball up to his feet or chest at the edge of the area for him to lay it off to players running from deep. His strength and hold up play was instrumental to us getting both goals today. In terms of our allround game, I think he adds something to our game in that way compared to when Kane is up front.

Of course, we need him to start scoring some goals himself as well, but he gives us a new dimention, I think. He does seem to tire in the last quarter of matches though. That is a bit of a concern when we have no other striker to bring on from him.

Played well again today.

Played well in the first half yes, but I am not so sure in the second half. While I am a fan of VJ and want him to succeed with us, I thought that a lot of our play in the second half became very congested around the edge of the penalty box. I think VJ in an effort to stay central and score, didn't make as many runs to drag the opponents away in the second half, which in turn led to us becoming much less effective.

As I said in the OMT, he should just carry on doing the basics and the goals will come. I think he is just trying a tad too hard to score at the moment.

Janssen will score fewer goals than Kane, but set up more for his team mates. Two assists today (if you are slightly generous about the second goal). He is so strong with his back to goal, and it is great weapon to play to ball up to his feet or chest at the edge of the area for him to lay it off to players running from deep. His strength and hold up play was instrumental to us getting both goals today. In terms of our allround game, I think he adds something to our game in that way compared to when Kane is up front.

Of course, we need him to start scoring some goals himself as well, but he gives us a new dimention, I think. He does seem to tire in the last quarter of matches though. That is a bit of a concern when we have no other striker to bring on from him.

Agree that he's been playing well and that he adds something to the team for sure. But a bit too soon to conclude that he will score fewer than Kane.

Let's see how Janssen does in front of goal with some time to adjust to the club and league and with some confidence.

Thing that slightly concerned me yesterday (when catching up again with MOTD) was how static he becomes after releasing the ball. His hold-up play is great, his positional sense a bit hit and miss (as Ruud was talking about) but the number of times he was watching play rather than moving was slightly concerning - no thought of gambling on a rebound or keeper parry for example, or attacking the back post. Just watching.

I like him, think he will come good, but needs to be be more proactive me thinks.

kane had the benefit of being the sole striker in most games; i don't think that would be the case this season.

Thing that slightly concerned me yesterday (when catching up again with MOTD) was how static he becomes after releasing the ball. His hold-up play is great, his positional sense a bit hit and miss (as Ruud was talking about) but the number of times he was watching play rather than moving was slightly concerning - no thought of gambling on a rebound or keeper parry for example, or attacking the back post. Just watching.

I like him, think he will come good, but needs to be be more proactive me thinks.

I believe this will develop fast with a run of games. That he is as good as he is coming from the Dutch league after one season is pretty great.

He looks like a player equipped to deal with the Premier League to me. Whereas someone like Soldado always looked a little too slow, a little too weak and just easily nullified. Janssen has strength and fight, and enough quality to be an effective player.

Reminds me of Berba... like him already. I love strikers who can play the link up, bring others in and have a great touch. So very 1980/90s and kind of lost in this day of athleticism and pace.

Personally I think he is settling in very well. I think a striker's role is not just to score goals, but to create them for others as well, act as an outlet, hold up the ball and generally be a nuisance for the opposition's defence. He's doing most of that, and so long as he is contributing to the team, I don't have a problem with him not scoring. He started slowly last season, and he's still getting used to a new league and new teammates now. The goals will come. Teddy scored 1 in 2.18 games for us, Berbatov 1 in 2.59, but the reason why we loved them was because of the effect they had on the team. We were far more potent because of them. I think him and Kane would be a really interesting pairing and can't wait to see it.

Fudge, hardly had time to read his name on the Jersey so short was the highlights on motd! No mention of the pens either.
There was something like 20 shots from us and 6 from boro, they 3 of ours and 2 of theirs, hardly a true reflection of the game.

Fudge, hardly had time to read his name on the Jersey so short was the highlights on motd! No mention of the pens either.
There was something like 20 shots from us and 6 from boro, they 3 of ours and 2 of theirs, hardly a true reflection of the game.

under the radar... i like it.

Back