• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

He's had two years to implement his style and all their signings were carefully chosen, so why is it not working?

because he's a ****ing macaron who only got hired because he worked with Jose and managed not to **** up the system someone else put in place at Swansea?

just putting it out there

Im sure if they ride out the storm they'll be back in and around the top 4.

thats where theyve always been with or without rodgers anyway. they spend less than 4 teams in the league, and more than the rest.

their form last season is down to luck more than even suarez. if they still had him, im convinced they would still find it extremely difficult to repeat the feats of last season.

He's had two years to implement his style and all their signings were carefully chosen, so why is it not working?

The same reason why we struggled to overcome the loss of Bale and the introduction of a high number of new players to the squad.

The same reason why we struggled to overcome the loss of Bale and the introduction of a high number of new players to the squad.

He barely picked the new players at the start of the season. It's only recently they've been getting more chances.

I don't think anyone who watched Liverpool play last season can say he carried them and genuinely believe it - they were a fantastic attacking unit, although tbf their attack did hide their shoddy defense at times. No doubt they are suffering from losing Suarez but they have also been without Sturridge as well so that's doubling their problems for a start - they're also suffering from bringing in too many new faces, similar to us last season, which they have brought on themselves in fairness which makes Rodgers 'not doing a Tottenham' quote all the sweeter. Im sure if they ride out the storm they'll be back in and around the top 4.

I think that you are right.

The other issue that they have is that Gerrard's form has dropped. That is hardly surprising, he played out of his skin last year and he must be knackered after going to the World Cup this summer.

Liverpool were lucky last season, 4/5 years they were dire, they had players on fire, no europe, no injuries, no suspensions, it all clicked, they are now back where they have been recently

Liverpool were lucky last season, 4/5 years they were dire, they had players on fire, no europe, no injuries, no suspensions, it all clicked, they are now back where they have been recently

Lucky is going a bit far. They took advantage of having no Europa League games. They had their best player suspended for at least 6 games, possibly more.

The other issue that they have is that Gerrard's form has dropped. That is hardly surprising, he played out of his skin last year and he must be knackered after going to the World Cup this summer.

I think he had somewhat of a resurgent season last season. I actually thought he was over the hill until last season when he proved me wrong.

Lucky is going a bit far. They took advantage of having no Europa League games. They had their best player suspended for at least 6 games, possibly more.

it was more than luck in the sense mentioned above. they had a lot of refeering luck as pointed out by mourinho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-clowns-at-Anfield-we-werent-having-that.html

" a lot of decisions that helped them win important and crucial points. And I felt that day was a day that was ready for their celebration. "

also, i distinctly remember games where they were struggling, and they would score decisive goals at crucial moments. This is obviously not purely luck, but this kind of thing happened on more occasions than (their level of) skill alone can account for, and helped them massively in their title bid.

also, in the last half of the season, they played a number of the lower half teams at great times. either the opponents were dead in confidence or they had little to play for.

and they had suarez on the season of his life. a season which he is probably is unable to repeat. i would argue maybe this was also the case for sterling and sturridge. basically all of this went for them, on top of what marky has mentioned. this is the extent of luck needed for a club of liverpool's financial capacity to sustain a title challenge for a whole season.

I think he had somewhat of a resurgent season last season. I actually thought he was over the hill until last season when he proved me wrong.

I agree. It was always unlikely that he was going to be able to continue that form into this season, particularly when they had more games to play and he didn't get a break this summer.

Yes, that whopping 180 minutes that he played in the world cup, a whole 5 months ago, must be still killing him now.

i wonder if he actually believed that statement. if he did, hes an idiot but maybe he was just trying to antagonise us

brendan.png

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/liverpool/157398/top-20-brilliantly-cringeworthy-brendan-rodgers-quotes.html

Will be interesting to see how much patience they show Rodgers.

For my money they should at the very least give him well into next season to turn this around. I'm guessing the fans "in general" will give him at least until the summer and then some way into next season before turning on him, not sure how the owners will handle it. They weren't exactly super patient with his predecessors.

Back