• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

In work yesterday when the news broke. Wished I would have had some popcorn, it was better than watching Netflix. Great entertainment listening to the scousers crying and the United fan stirring the pot

At least Klopp knew to release the news on a Friday, otherwise there would have been mass absentees the following day had it been any other week day

That is funny.
But on a serious note, they should go for a manager with PL experience... Frank Lampard

Well the all-out fave has to be Alonso. Despite the connection Gerrard I think will be the next appointment after this (providing he does not bomb in his current role).
Mourinho is prowling, he would split their fanbase from the vibe I got yesterday
I wonder if Nagelsmann would be approached to take over after tthe Euros?

In work yesterday when the news broke. Wished I would have had some popcorn, it was better than watching Netflix. Great entertainment listening to the scousers crying and the United fan stirring the pot

At least Klopp knew to release the news on a Friday, otherwise there would have been mass absentees the following day had it been any other week day

That’s not very Liverpool of him now is it.

Jamie Carragher:

My concern is longer-term because, just like Dalglish and Shankly, Klopp will leave such a vacuum. At the moment, Klopp is Liverpool. Nobody in world football thinks of one without the other.

He's considers Bob Paisley a vacuum? Even if he was an Everton supporter at the time, you think he'd know about Liverpool's most successful manager and the legendary bootroom.

Well the all-out fave has to be Alonso. Despite the connection Gerrard I think will be the next appointment after this (providing he does not bomb in his current role).
Mourinho is prowling, he would split their fanbase from the vibe I got yesterday
I wonder if Nagelsmann would be approached to take over after tthe Euros?
I can't see any of those except Alonso.
Nagelsmann maybe. Or Slot.

They'll be looking for the next Klopp and I think they'll make a solid and long term choice.
Alonso will be interesting - I don't think it's a shoe in he'll want it. He might just want to stay and build where he is.

Yes I can see Alonso being conflicted. It is surely a job he would want at some time, but he'd be torn by the thought of bailing on Leverkusen when he is building something there. There is also the risk of following a legend. Better to let Gerrard have it and pick up the pieces in a year or two.

Nagelsmann is a good shout. I'd put him, De Zerbi, Alonso at the top. I mentioned yesterday I could see Amorim being considered too.

They'd have to be absolutely mental to go anywhere near Stevie G. Let's hope nostalgia takes over and they go for him.

Well short of prime Ferguson or Wenger. But apart from Guardiola and prime Mourinho there aren't many others in the PL era.

Id put him above Wenger personally. Nowhere near Fergie, no one is. I’d also put him above Mourinho. Pep is a tough call as you can’t argue with his cv but Klopp has done it with far less resources.

Seing it mentioned that Klopp is one of the greatest ever managers in England, where do we put him?

He's obviously done well for Liverpool, but he's not quite prime Ferguson or Wenger for me.
My take: Ferguson, Wenger, Klopp, Pep, Mourinho. But there are lots of ifs and buts. Fergie getting a head start in the PL-money era with the team of -92, Mourinho with blood money, Wenger with refining cheating, Pep with underwhelming results vs resources and Klopp with his teeth and Van Dijk.

Nagelsmann is a good shout. I'd put him, De Zerbi, Alonso at the top. I mentioned yesterday I could see Amorim being considered too.

They'd have to be absolutely mental to go anywhere near Stevie G. Let's hope nostalgia takes over and they go for him.

Stevie g, if only to right the travesty that he never won a PL medal as a player.
It's destiny!

Back