• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

The Alisson transfer is looking like it's happening. World record 67m...Let's hope he takes his time to settle unlike Ederson, who did benefit from City's average of 75% possession.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...ith-roma-set-for-talks-with-brazil-goalkeeper

Roma-goalkeeper-Alisson-has-arrived-in-England-ahead-of-a-medical-with-Liverpool-1425909.jpg

We have seen this before with Pool when they splash the cash.... then offload someone to pay for it

Their spending that’s for sure but none are premier league experienced yet so let’s see what they do.

Keita looks perfect for our league but also quite reckless
Fabinho has been class when I’ve seen him
The keeper has never looked great but I’ve only seen him in the semis and WC
Fat boy can be brilliant and brick at the same time

We have seen this before with Pool when they splash the cash.... then offload someone to pay for it

In their defence they did not sell Coutinho to pay for their in comings they sold him because he was desperate to go to Barcelona and he made it clear he was unhappy at Liverpool.

He was regarded as the best keeper in Italy last season.

And if I had only seen Lloris in the WC finals I would have said he was a meh after that rookie error.

True but the standard other there may not be high

Buffon is still highly regarded over there and he has been poor for s couple of years now

And dont forget Sneezy was signed to play there too

They've spent £230m.

Net spend is irrelevant, you don't here of a player x costing £80m less the £25m they got for player y, you hear player x cost £80m.

Net spend only counts for the profit off the club.

Net spend is entirely relevant, when all is said and done.

Not only does it speak to the attitude to their finances (and this one are clubs can suffer for years on the back of mistakes made), but also it tells you how much the club have actually invested.

Yes, theyve spent £230m. And if everything stops there then thats really quite a statement (and risk).

Yet, should they sell Mane and Salah to try and balance the books, how does that change ones opinion on their business?

Net spend is entirely relevant, when all is said and done.

Not only does it speak to the attitude to their finances (and this one are clubs can suffer for years on the back of mistakes made), but also it tells you how much the club have actually invested.

Yes, theyve spent £230m. And if everything stops there then thats really quite a statement (and risk).

Yet, should they sell Mane and Salah to try and balance the books, how does that change ones opinion on their business?

If they sell key players to fund this spree then expectations will dampen of course but as it stands the bulk of their starting line-up will be players that were brought in at a high cost

Alisson - 60m+
VVD - 70m
Keita - 54M
Fabinhio - 40M
Mane - 37M+
Salah - 37M
AOC - 35m+ (fair enough he's injured)
Firminio - 30m

Last season us and them were more or less on the same level, they have now added 160m worth of players to their squad in the areas in which they were most suspect - if we spent a similar amount of money on the areas we needed strengthening then you better believe id be considering us title challengers

I think theyll be up there, same as last year. Im yet to be convinced theyll be any better specifically, time will tell.

As with last year, they are competition.

A funny team, there isnt much there I feel is better than what we have, even now.

For me the league is split. Theres the top 6/7 where all the talent is, and then everyone else.

And how that top 6/7 pans out depends largely on how they start the season, and then do in games between themselves.

After that its much of a muchness, City aside who clearly stand ahead.

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)
Barbosa De Oliveira, Roberto Firmino
Bogdan, Adam
Can, Emre
Clyne, Nathaniel Edwin*
Coutinho Correia, Philippe
Flanagan, Jonathan*
Henderson, Jordan Brian*
Ings, Daniel William John*
Jones, Lloyd Richard*

Karius, Loris Sven
Klavan, Ragnar
Lallana, Adam David*
Lovren, Dejan
Mane, Sadio
Markovic, Lazar
Matip, Job Joel Andre
Mignolet, Simon
Milner, James Philip*
Moreno Perez, Alberto
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexander Mark David*
Robertson, Andrew
Salah, Mohamed
Sturridge, Daniel*
Ward, Daniel*
Wijnaldum, Georginio

This was their 25 for last season, 10 home grown apparently.

Oxlande chamberlain is now out for most of the season, so I dont know if theyll name him (might if they have to).

Sturridge and Ings likely to move on IMO. Leaves them with potentially 7/8, with another 3 foreign players already signed this summer.

BREAKING NEWS

Leicester have agreed a £10m fee with Liverpool for goalkeeper Danny Ward.

We understand Ward is being brought in to provide competition for Kasper Schmeichel, not to replace him.

Ward is expected to take a medical and discuss personal terms in the coming days.

Thats another one gone. I am also starting to wonder where they stand on this!

Could end up keeping someone like Sturridge in the squad just to make up the numbers, despite the fact he'll basically never play! (and likely on a fair £££ as well)

Back