• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

RAWK is starting to produce comedy again

We couldn't finish our fifth big mac if we were Luke Shaw, let alone decent chances in a football match.

Some honest appraisals too

Just as much a shambles now as when Brendan was hired really at least in defence. Only difference is now we're a shambles without the genius of Suarez.

Suarez made everyone better. I include Rodgers in that.

A lot calling for Gerrard to be dropped

well a sensible post finally!

Optimism is a nice value to have, and credit to those describing the performance as good.

I don't share any of it though.

Some say the midfield was sitting too deep helping out the defence. Really? Then why did we get ripped open so many times?

Our midfield has stunk for weeks. No control, no passion, and no creativity. Henderson is not getting forward, Gerrard is holding Lovren and Skrtels hands, and Coutinho looks and plays like a 12 year old.

Sterling is spent. Wtf was Brendan thinking playing him for 120 minutes against Boro?

Sturridge coming back might help, but he us a slow recoverer of form, so it could be a few games before he is sharp.

Let's just say my hopes for this season have been severely modified by what we've seen since the Southampton game.

cannot believe they beat us at WHL earlier this season. That defeat was worse than last years two hammerings, at least they had Suarez then.

cannot believe they beat us at WHL earlier this season. That defeat was worse than last years two hammerings, at least they had Suarez then.

Covered up a lot of cracks in their team. I think if we were to play again this weekend, the match would not pan out the same way

That defeat becomes more shameful with every passing week.

It does look bad in hindsight but in fairness they played very well that day and we did not. We conceded the midfield through lack of numbers and they made use of it. If I recall there was a heat map showing Bentaleb's position for the match and it showed him out on the left flank predominantly. This left Capoue with 3 'pool players to deal with far too too often and the inevitable happened. I think Poch has learned from that showing though. His more pragmatic approach versus Arsenal may have been prompted in part by the Liverpool display.

It is absolutely written in the stars that Liverpool win the Europa League and get champions league football next year.

That defeat becomes more shameful with every passing week.
We just played them at the wrong time. The window had just closed and they were on a bit of a bounce. If we'd had them the next game I think that it would have been a different result.

We just played them at the wrong time. The window had just closed and they were on a bit of a bounce. If we'd had them the next game I think that it would have been a different result.

Plus, while they were the better team that day, they were extremely lucky with the timing of their goals: Early 1-0 to leave us chasing, 2-0 from a soft penalty just after the break, and 3-0 immediately after we make two subs/change formation to try to turn it around.

Annoying as hell that we lost though. Especially since I was at WHL that day for probably the last time in a few years... :(

I beg to differ. I think we have a tendency on this board to take away the other teams performance and think that if x didnt happen then we would have won or if Y did happen we would have won.

I personally think we were THAT **** that anyone would have beat us but also think Liverpool played in the manner they did in the previous season. Liverscum are going through a bad patch a bit like us (in terms of performances really). Its funny because if we lost a player like Sturridge, we would be using that as an excuse, Sturridge is an important player as it pushes the opposition back.

Anyways I hate those ****ers so im glad theyre going through a ****e spell.

Where has that strategy gone?

“We would rather have one or two absolute top players than seven that might not help us. It’s about the quality”

Ha

BzCZptPIMAIjxdy.png

Sturridge signing a blank sheet of paper.

Can someone compile Brenton;s classic quotes again? Did he really say “We would rather have one or two absolute top players than seven that might not help us. It’s about the quality”?
Source??

He maybe talking himself into giving more teams motivation to beat Liverpool if he's not careful. Hilarious:)

Rodgers on Lucas' latest injury: "It was bitterly disappointing...because he's one of the disciples, I would say."

On Glen Johnson: "Glen's arguably been the player of the season in the Premier League - never mind at Liverpool. He's been absolutely outstanding when you consider he's played a lot of the season at left-back. He is a world-class full-back. I look at him and Daniel Alves as the two best right-backs in world football."

He knew to fuel their delusions from the start: "When you are a club that is the size of Liverpool then that criticism comes. Everyone has their opinion on Liverpool and I understand that because of the standards set by this club in the 1970s and 1980s."

Rodgers also hinted that their won’t be the massive investment that took place under Dalglish and Damien Comolli: “If you’re not going to have a massive investment to make it happen quickly, you have to develop it. That’s where we’re at”

"It was probably as disappointed as I've been. We're not always going to get the results, it happens in football. But the one thing I never, ever want to see, is the home supporters walking out of Anfield, with fifteen, twenty minutes to go. That's not acceptable. It's not acceptable that they don't believe we're going to get something from the game. That was something that hurt."

"The backing I've had from supporters has been incredible considering and that is the most important group really."

"Any comparisons I don't really focus on and it is difficult to compare the two groups because there is a lot of youthfulness in this group but yet still a lot of growth left in the team."

"That is what is going to take a bit of time. I always say it's like a good meal - I'm not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients."

"That is something we will do over time and hopefully put a nice meal on the table for supporters."

"We certainly won't be able to do everything in January that would help us, but we'll be able to make some additions that will help the group"

"We won't be spending a great deal of money. It'll be between January and the summer time that we can look at progressing the group and then hopefully go again."

“That’s what we are trying to piece together here – a group who are mentally on the same wavelength.”

Rodgers on Suarez at Ajax: "He played as a reverse winger from the left side so he wasn’t quite out wide,he was tucked in round the corner."

"It is all about the materials. I am not a magician. I will be able to improve players – that is my work and I have confidence in that. If I look at the first six months, I believe there has been improvement in a lot of the players. I will be able to rinse everything that I possibly can out of them, but the bottom line is about talent. If you don't initially have that then it can be difficult. That is also why I was brought in here, because we will get talents and we will try to maximise what we can out of players."

"You look at Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing and José Enrique since the start of the season and we have added value back to them. Absolutely. That is the job of the manager and the coach, as well as winning games. My job is to improve players in every aspect of their game and that is something we will look to do because we don't have the resources of the top clubs who are out there paying big money. We won't have that. So we have to find the difference through coaching."

"We will always be governed by budget, always be governed by restrictions on certain things within the club because if you haven't got the money you can't spend it."

That explains the 50 million losses in recent seasons then.

“It’s no coincidence we’ve won seven of our last nine games since the Europa League stopped. We’ve had one game a week. That’s why I said when I came in for us to succeed it’s about building a competitive squad. The squad has to be stronger."

“We’re as good as any team in the league, but we have to turn consistency into results,”

"We're 24 points behind United now," he said. "But we're not 24 points behind in terms of quality. The points difference is due to the squad. Once we close the gap in the squad in the coming transfer windows, I've got great faith that we'll be able to challenge."

“One thing I would say about Borini and if you ask people about him, they’d say his biggest attribute is his physicality. His power and aggression – that’s what he’s renowned for. That’s something he needs to improve on because that’s his strength. That’s where his qualities are."

And that was just the first 6 months. :lol:

Can someone compile Brenton;s classic quotes again? Did he really say “We would rather have one or two absolute top players than seven that might not help us. It’s about the quality”?
Source??

He maybe talking himself into giving more teams motivation to beat Liverpool if he's not careful. Hilarious:)

I guess he saw your request ;)

The Liverpool manager also disputes that he should have followed Chelsea’s transfer policy this summer and acquired more established talent, albeit fewer in number. He said: “Chelsea obviously brought in a seasoned professional in terms of the Premier League in Fàbregas. He’s a very good player. And then Costa, who is someone we looked at a couple of years back as well, his profile suits the Premier League.

“ We lost a top class player and then had to bring in other players to help us now and for the future. Once these players settle in and adapt and really understand how we work I think we’ll move back to where we were. There will be frustration now absolutely. No one respects that more than me. We have to work hard to get them settled and bedded in.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/03/brendan-rodgers-more-pain-unrecognisable-liverpool

Back