• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Suárez will leave but not this January. It's a world cup year and he's not going to risk upsetting the apple cart. He ll finish the season there, play the world cup and then get his move.

I think Suarez's place in the URGay world cup squad is pretty safe regardless of where he plays from January onwards.

I don't like how Rodgers says the difference between Spurs and Liverpool was that they fought to keep their star player whilst we sold ours. The two situations were hardly the same :rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/20/luis-suarez-signs-long-term-liverpool-deal

" Liverpool have produced a major coup by securing Luis Suárez on a long-term contract that completes his transformation from outcast to the highest-paid player in the club's history inside four months.

The outstanding striker signed an improved four-and-a-half year deal on Friday following swift negotiations between the Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre and Suárez's agent, Pere Guardiola, in Barcelona earlier this week.

Suárez's reward for committing himself to Anfield until 2018 is believed to be a pay increase from £120,000-a-week to £200,000-a-week.

Liverpool moved swiftly to secure Suárez's services with the striker in stunning form, his club able to go top of the Premier League with victory over Cardiff City on Saturday and with the manager Brendan Rodgers insisting the player was at the "happiest point" of his professional career.

There was also a desire on both sides to avoid a repeat of last summer's transfer saga, when confusion over the terms of Suárez's previous contract – which still had two and a half years remaining – led the striker to believe he could leave for a Champions League club that offered over £40m for his services.

The Uruguay international agitated for a move to Arsenal and was forced to train away from the first-team squad, having accused Rodgers of breaking promises over his future.

Four months on and Suárez's standing has been transformed. The striker, who has scored 17 goals in 11 appearances this season, said: "I am delighted to have agreed a new deal with Liverpool and have my future secured for the long term.

"We have some great players....."

They turned down 40 million quid (might even have been 45 million), and fair play to them for doing so. And now that he's performing magnificently, they've managed to commit him to a new contract as well. This was apparently utterly impossible in Bale's case. Could never have happened. Shouldn't have even tried, because he wanted to go so badly, right? So badly he....didn't make anything public until the final days of the window, as opposed to Suarez moaning, begging to leave and accusing the club of betraying him. And yet, a few months on, here we are: Suarez is banging in goals for fun at a resurgent, revitalized Liverpool while we shuffle along like a bunch of impotents with all our dopey players slowly repeating 'sorry' and 'feel guilty' after every inevitable setback we encounter as we struggle to get 'the Beatles' (more like Insane Clown Posse) to perform with any degree of cohesion or even footballing ability.

Today's news is making it very, very hard for me to avoid thinking we caved and again became a good little feeder club over the summer, and that our current form is us paying the price for that lack of ambition. Sigh. Don't tell me about the difference in transfer fees, we had a 30-goals-a-season player on our hands and now we have...? No manager, seven rather dopey lads who are in various states of acclimatization, and a stench of disappointment with the way this 'revolutionary' campaign has turned out so far. Was that worth the 85 million? Like hell it was.

What a difference a few months can make...

‏@Squawka: Luis Suarez has 17 Premier League goals this season, more than 10 of the clubs currently playing in the top flight

@OptaJoe: 27 - @LFC forward Luis Suarez has scored 27 goals in the Premier League in 2013; eight more than any other player. Rewarded.

@FootballFunnys: Luis Suarez: "The Liverpool fans have always been behind me and supportive."
Bb7v8DGIMAATTnh.jpg

Sorry Dubai but you can't ignore the transfer fee's in this situation

You can feel free to ignore me, you know. I'm just majorly ****ed off, and venting about it, and I suspect you know that. I'll calm down in a while. But, since we're on the topic, I'm not ignoring the transfer fee. I'm saying the 'transformative power' of the transfer fee was an enormous bluff. We haven't been transformed: if anything, we've looked worse than we did before the sale. So what was the bloody point of selling Bale? They kept Suarez and look a team reborn, we lost Bale and look....?

Taking a payrise doesn't show commitment. If he actually stays there for a few more seasons he will have shown it.

You can feel free to ignore me, you know. I'm just majorly ****ed off, and venting about it, and I suspect you know that. I'll calm down in a while. But, since we're on the topic, I'm not ignoring the transfer fee. I'm saying the 'transformative power' of the transfer fee was an enormous bluff. We haven't been transformed: if anything, we've looked worse than we did before the sale. So what was the bloody point of selling Bale? They kept Suarez and look a team reborn, we lost Bale and look....?

When you say 'don't tell me about transfer fee's'. Then id say that's ignoring it, Liverpool would have sold in our situation and we would have held firm in theirs - so this whole 'them showing ambition whilst we don't' is a flawed argument imv

it will be a massive shock if we finish above them now. They trounced us without Gerrard and Sturridge and a decent left back, they have Suarez, they are scoring goals for fun, no european distractions, Rodgers is talking a good game

well played Danny boy=D> hope you are happy

When you say 'don't tell me about transfer fee's'. Then id say that's ignoring it, Liverpool would have sold in our situation and we would have held firm in theirs - so this whole 'them showing ambition whilst we don't' is a flawed argument imv

I didn't ignore it, I qualified it by saying that they had achieved more by turning down 45 million than we did by selling for 85 million. With any transfer fee, you have to take into account the risk of spending it too quickly or too badly, which we can leave you worse off than you were before. We spent it on 7 players, none of whom look close to comfortable at the club yet (with the possible exception of 'In two years I will go to Chelsea' Chiriches) and then gave the (admittedly flailing) manager four months to mould them into a cohesive side before sacking him and descending into a morass of recriminations, half-arsed explanations and panicky calls to every manager with a mobile phone and a willingness to listen because we apparently hadn't made any long-term plans prior to the sacking.

This is what our 'revolutionary' season has turned out to look like. Liverpool have gone the other f*cking way. Levy has been in the game for some fifteen years including his spell at Rangers. John.W.Henry has been in the game for two or three years. Yet Henry seems to be better equipped to handle his club's forward progress than Daniel Levy. Why is that?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Again, keeping Suarez rather than selling for 40mil is a no brainer - it's no masterstroke from Henry, it's plain common sense (just as giving Rodgers the time and backing needed)

Back