• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I think I said that when this series started that it was a PR disaster waiting to happen and that it would put unnecessary pressure on Rodgers and the players. At the end of last season people thought that he was a tactically astute manager, this programme is making him look like Phil Brown.

I think I said that when this series started that it was a PR disaster waiting to happen and that it would put unnecessary pressure on Rodgers and the players. At the end of last season people thought that he was a tactically astute manager, this programme is making him look like Phil Brown.

Career suicide.

What's the story of the envelopes for those of us yet to see it?
the night before Liverpool's opener against WBA, Rogers held a team meeting at the hotel. Showed them videos of how West Brom play and then revealed 3 envelopes which he said contained the names of the 3 players he believed would let him down over the course of the season. Didn't reveal them obviously but why would you even pick a player if you think he's gonna let you down?

Personally I was surprised it was only 3 :-D

Well I think from what you've told me its pretty obvious the envelopes have no names in it. You gotta ask though, what's he trying to achieve?

I'm sure he ex

Well I think from what you've told me its pretty obvious the envelopes have no names in it. You gotta ask though, what's he trying to achieve?

I'm sure he expects his players to respond positively and say "well if it is me, I'll prove him wrong", but in reality:

- the alpha males like Gerrard and Carragher will know it's no them (how could it be, theyll ask themselves) and seek to work out who it is
- those short on confidence will think it's them so will create a fear of failure in them, and have them retreat to their shell; or
- will see through the amateur, pseudo-psychology for what it is, and lose a ton of respect for the boss.

I can't see this ending well. I've not been shy in criticizing Rodgers, mainly because I thought he might actually get Liverpools brick together and make them a threat.

But I'm convinced now. Hell be sacked by the end of the season. The old boys are getting restless. If results continue the way they are, and the likes of KKK and Lawro and others make noises in the papers, the fans will turn in no time.

Almost feel sorry for him. It's like a car crash in slow motion.

Ahh, so I see he copied Ferg, who pulled the same routine, but after they won the title, not after a few weeks of knowing them.

And yep, empty envelopes.

Car crash.

Yep, makes a bit of a monkey for everyone who called for him to get the Spurs job too (and there were quite a few too)

Could have said exactly the same about people lauding AVB before he went to Chelsea. There were a lot of them as well. AVB came out of that debacle being portrayed as arrogant, unable to communicate with either players or media and naive. I said at the time that I thought Rodgers had made a massive mistake going to Liverpool and it's quickly turning into a vision of hell for him there. But I still think he'll be a good manager if this period of his career doesn't break him.

People pay for newspapers and there is an expectation that what is printed is true. If the newspapers print false information they are defrauding their customers.

I actually think it rare for journalists to invent something from nothing. Many with embellish a story and there will usually be some truth behind it or speculation will be mixed with a few quotes in a misleading way. Careful reading tends to reveal how much is news. There will be some journalists who invent stuff but I think a bigger problem is the headline writers taking bits of the speculation in the articles out of context.

Where do people think the Paul Jiggins AVB article fit in with this?

Q: What's the difference between Liverpool and Manchester United this season?

A: Manchester United have won at Anfield.

Back