• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

I must admit I'd forgotten how he just bent over and took it and sold Bale and Modric without so much as a whimper of defiance...

As bales agent said we started negotiating his sale to Madrid In May! Not July or August but May. Levy wanted to sell from the off.

As bales agent said we started negotiating his sale to Madrid In May! Not July or August but May. Levy wanted to sell from the off.

So if the negotiations took from May til August does that not suggest the club had a reluctance to sell unless they received a valuation they saw as too good to refuse?

So if the negotiations took from May til August does that not suggest the club had a reluctance to sell unless they received a valuation they saw as too good to refuse?

Goes to show we told Madrid from the off a deal was there to be done. Levy should have grown a pair and told em where to go but no he saw the £ sign and spunked it on absolute dung.

One of the important characters in the team under Redknapp. Freidel, Gallas, King, Parker, Sandro, VDV, Bale, Ade.

They were all winners. They hated losing.

I think by negotiations his agent probably means Real made their interest official in May - doesn't mean that we were accepting anything at that point or that we was even open to a deal being done.

But then it's all just guesswork really isn't it?

and they had that something extra. that puchase of vdv is surely something of a levy favourite - proven but ageing player, willing to move to play, on the other side of the hill. i'm sure we're still targeting players like these. the bigger question is if they would want to come join the circus. could see it under AVB, but unfortunately not Sherwood.

Bentley was great. Something went wrong there but it wasnt football reasons. His ability cant be questioned and in no way should Sigg be compared to him

He had a serious attitude problem bentley was not great, was more interested in his bar in Spain then football. Say what you like about beckham but he always trained hard and put effort in on the pitch.

As for siggy he has scored some good goals for us and looked good on the few occasions he plays in his favoured position.

VDV was sold because he was struggling with personal issues, which was born out by the fact that he separated from his wife about 2 months after he left us. It was his last attempt to fix his personal life, we can't deny the guy that.

Re his stamina, his issue was not fitness, it was the fact that he ran his ass flat out, all the time, you can't train to be that kind of fit. He doesn't pace himself (a marathon runner may be able to 26 miles, but can't do so by running at top speed the whole way).

And if he gave us 60-70 minutes of class, it would have been fine to bring a sub on for last 15-20 minutes.

VDV was sold because he was struggling with personal issues, which was born out by the fact that he separated from his wife about 2 months after he left us. It was his last attempt to fix his personal life, we can't deny the guy that.

Re his stamina, his issue was not fitness, it was the fact that he ran his ass flat out, all the time, you can't train to be that kind of fit. He doesn't pace himself (a marathon runner may be able to 26 miles, but can't do so by running at top speed the whole way).

And if he gave us 60-70 minutes of class, it would have been fine to bring a sub on for last 15-20 minutes.
yeah, because he was banging one of his best mates wife:lol: I guess thats why he had those stamina issues, i mean imagine having to keep both Sylvie AND a mistress satisfied in the sack:-"

Regardless of why he was sold, we don't half miss VDV's fight and passion. Not only was he a gifted player but I loved his drive and determination.

yeah, because he was banging one of his best mates wife:lol: I guess thats why he had those stamina issues, i mean imagine having to keep both Sylvie AND a mistress satisfied in the sack:-"

I thought that it was Sylvie' best friend he was banging, either way I dunno how Rafa sleeps at night!

2,w=583,c=0.bild.jpg

Back