• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

Re: O/T (kind of) Rafa and Sylvie split up

[video=youtube;GhRBmek18uI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRBmek18uI[/video]

Hitting your wife is a terrible, terrible thing to do. I've been with my Mrs for 14 years and have never come close to that sort of thing.

A month or two ago Gallas was said to have knocked his wife into a hedge, before an Ambulance came to take her to hospital.

What a classy bunch they are, we only need one more for a hat-trick.

Obviously it's a disgusting thing to do and you can't defend domestic violence but, it's odd in that in many cases it would seem that the bloke denies it or they stay with eachother (initially) and it's odd that if it happened two days ago that the marriage split up so quickly afterwards (not really any of my business though) so there was already probably problems there which led to the move (as others have already said) and the new years eve bit was the climax of it. Well I hope they're okay in the future, it seems weird because they always seemed so happy from what you could tell...

The difference here is Slyvie has her own career and her own money unlike Gallas' missus and the typical wags who will put up with anything to lead the the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

Yes. I know he was male, you told us enough times when you were boasting about beating him up.
Which part of my post "makes light of voiloence towards women"?
You appear to have completely got the wrong end of the stick, which was that you didnt demonstrate any restraint when you hit that kid, yet are now preaching about "walking away".
I expect the irony of your over-reaction to my post has escaped you as well.

Take a better look at yourself than you did at my post.

what a fool you are, i punched a guy who was aggresive towards me and the wife on a night out if you can not see the difference between that and what vdv has done then you need help, i do not need to take a look at myself and i do not need to talk with fools like yourself. I shall not respond to any of your posts, goodbye.

edit: hardly beat him up, one punch and he went down, i said i wanted to flatten him and felt like i could have killed him, but guess what i did not, or you would have heard about it in the news. That there is restraint, to hit a woman when your a man is a complete and utter scum bag thing to do, really at a lose as to how you can try to compare me punching a drunk aggresive abusive brick on a night out to punching your wife(vdv) think your what people call on here a wind up merchant.

Last edited:

WTF. Seriously out of bounds, mate.

why? he does come from that does he not? the answer is yes as i have seen interviews where he talks about it.

A large part of gypsy culture is violence, it is how they settle arguments, do not see the problem with what i said. We in this country the UK have a lovely police force who do not wish to do real work but rather enforce odd little laws, if i have broken any law then please contact the police force in this country and make a complaint against me.

I shall now send you a PM giving you my perssonal email address, im not angry with you in anyway but feel that if you are offended by what i said then you should contact the british police straight away. Recently i have read about people on facebook(i dont have an account there) being arrested for things they have said, so if i have fallen foul of the law i will fall on my sword.

what a fool you are, i punched a guy who was aggresive towards me and the wife on a night out if you can not see the difference between that and what vdv has done then you need help, i do not need to take a look at myself and i do not need to talk with fools like yourself. I shall not respond to any of your posts, goodbye.

edit: hardly beat him up, one punch and he went down, i said i wanted to flatten him and felt like i could have killed him, but guess what i did not, or you would have heard about it in the news. That there is restraint, to hit a woman when your a man is a complete and utter scum bag thing to do, really at a lose as to how you can try to compare me punching a drunk aggresive abusive brick on a night out to punching your wife(vdv) think your what people call on here a wind up merchant.

Sigh.
Never mind, mate. You haven't understood anything I've said, and now the details of your story have has changed from what you've said all those months ago.

So I'm done.

O/T : Van Der Vaart

Former Spurs ace Van der Vaart splits from model wife after admitting to hitting her in New Year's Eve row
By Lee Bryan
PUBLISHED: 11:24 GMT, 2 January 2013 | UPDATED: 16:14 GMT, 2 January 2013

..Former Spurs and Real Madrid star Rafael van der Vaart and model wife Sylvie have split up after the midfielder admitted to hitting her.
The Hamburg midfielder got into a heated row with his wife on New Year's Eve and is believed to have struck her in front of shocked guests at a private party.

As the player joined teammates to fly off to Abu Dhabi for a winter break training camp this afternoon, Sylvie wore a large pair of sunglasses as she visited a fitness studio and restaurant in Hamburg with friend Sabia Boulahrouz, the wife of former Chelsea player Khalid.
Sabia was pictured on Twitter with the Van der Vaarts on New Year's Eve, before the incident happened.

The training camp is vital for Van der Vaart, 29, as he completes his comeback from a thigh muscle injury before the resumption of HSV's Bundesliga season with a visit to Nuremburg on January 19.

The club's managing director and former Chelsea Director of Football Frank Arnesen pledged his support to Van der Vaart. He told Bild.de: 'We will support Rafa, protect him and give him time. He loves football, which will help him. He is a strong character. 'He will bring a high level of performance. I'm there for him when he needs me.'

On the New Year's Eve incident, Van der Vaart said: 'It was very foolish of me. I'm an idiot. I'm very sorry. It should never have happened.'
Sylvie told the newspaper that she forgave him, but the couple later announced they had separated.

She said: 'I ​​have forgiven him already ...'
The split comes just a week after the pair spent Christmas together with their son Damian and posted a picture of themselves on Twitter in front of a Christmas tree.

Shock split: Rafel van der Vaart and wife Sylvie have split up, according to reports. The footballer posted a picture of the couple with their son Damian on Christmas Day

Group hug: The couple were seen sharing a hug with Sabia on New Year's Eve before the footballer allegedly hit his wife

One of the reasons Van der Vaart left Spurs in the summer and returned to Hamburg was because his wife was working as a TV presenter in the city.

Speaking of the separation, the former Spurs midfielder said: 'I am very sad that it did not work with us. We are the culprits. Sylvie alone and I have to answer for it, that our marriage does not work.'

Meanwhile Sylvie added: 'We have unfortunately drifted apart over time. It was a gradual process that was not easy to stop. Even though it sounds weird, we love and respect each other.'
Sylvie is set to look after Damian while the midfielder heads off to Abu Dhabi until January 10.

----------------------------------------

This must be the reason why VDV wanted to go back to Hamburg. Too bad he didn't stay at Spurs longer.

Missed this thread earlier.

Now can understand why he wanted to go back to Hamburg. Just hope he won't blame his time at Spurs as being the reason of his marriage problems.

Just wondering, are there any top football players who never never had any marital problems ? All of them seem to have some problem at some stage.

Missed this thread earlier.

Now can understand why he wanted to go back to Hamburg. Just hope he won't blame his time at Spurs as being the reason of his marriage problems.

Just wondering, are there any top football players who never never had any marital problems ? All of them seem to have some problem at some stage.

There probably are factors for footballers that can lead to more frequent marital problems. Frequent moving, traveling, fame and so on. There are probably factors that decrease the frequency too though.

I think most of this is just that the media will be reporting on those footballers who have problems and not on those who are doing alright. I wouldn't be surprised if divorce rates in Britain for the age groups we're talking about are around 50%, safe to assume that even more than that experience marital problems (however you define that). With the number of footballers in Britain and in the world you should expect a rather large amount of stories in the media even if they were just experiencing an average amount of marital problems.

why? he does come from that does he not? the answer is yes as i have seen interviews where he talks about it.

A large part of gypsy culture is violence, it is how they settle arguments, do not see the problem with what i said. We in this country the UK have a lovely police force who do not wish to do real work but rather enforce odd little laws, if i have broken any law then please contact the police force in this country and make a complaint against me.

I shall now send you a PM giving you my perssonal email address, im not angry with you in anyway but feel that if you are offended by what i said then you should contact the british police straight away. Recently i have read about people on facebook(i dont have an account there) being arrested for things they have said, so if i have fallen foul of the law i will fall on my sword.

Chich, it's not about a legal thing that's why he didn't say 'you should be locked up' or something similar, it's about you saying something which could be seen as not living up to levels of common decency. Though I think you were just pointing out a prominent thing within the culture rather than saying being a gypsy makes you a wife beater or something akin to that. I admit it did strike me as an odd thing to say at first but, reading your post for the context it seemed like more of a comment about the culture than a generalization of all gypsy people. The whole police thing escalated very quickly :)

hashegotsackedyet? you've got you're words mixed up there mate, you mean a liberal person, you see there is a difference between the left and people with a liberal perspective, there are many who are of right wing persuasion and also liberal. The whole 'lefty do gooder alert!' thing confounds me anyway, why wouldn't you just confront the actual comment if you disagree with it with an argument or with your own point of view rather than just disregarding a perfectly valid point with a lazy cliche?

VDV admits to diving

Anyone else see this? admitted to diving in a recent hamburg match to win them a penalty. Hmmmm and he beat up his wife in the summer, if an arsenal player had done this we would have had a field day and gone to town on them.

I am not seeing him in the same light anymore, always felt he was quite honest at spurs.

Re: VDV admits to diving

I blame the Germans!

We have a good culture at spurs. Remember when zokora dived against pompey? We left him in no uncertain terms that it wasn't accepted at spurs

I'm trying to think of one situation where he could have been seen to dive whilst with us and I can't think of one?

Strange that he would admit it here though.

First off I'd like to say I will never ever condone domestic violence of any kind family members and friends have been victims of horrible instances of domestic violence and I also think diving is disgusting.
However, we don't really know the full details of the hitting of his wife over Christmas; Whilst obviously you shouldn't hit your wife or anyone really you don't know the circumstances and the reaction of him afterwards shows that it was obviously a gross lapse of judgement that happened once so I can understand that it does happen. It really doesn't make domestic violence acceptable at all but, (I'm not trying to defend hitting wives) it's not like he's gone round and battered her or that he's been beating her all the time, it seems like it was a one time incident which, is still horrible but, you can get my point.
The diving is a difficult issue as well, it wasn't to get a penalty for his team though. The whole situation occurred after Lewandowski kicked one of the hamburg players or something like that (kicking as in assault rather than a foul), there was then a confronatation between VDV, Lewandowski and Kehl. Kehl pulled VDV from behind and Lewandowski from what I recall pushes VDV or something similar. VDV goes down very easily afterwards and Lewandowski was sent off. VDV's justification for it was that the referee was unlikely to send Lewandowski off for the kick so he got him sent off. I still think this is disgusting but, I feel it was done in the heat of the moment.

However, diving should never be tolerated so I hope he gets a ban for this.

I may be biased in these situations as I loved him when he was here and I don't want to change my view of him but, there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Diving is, was and always will be wrong. But there are divers and divers. On the one hand you have bricks like Suarez, on the other, our dearly beloved0 ex, VdV.

I know which one I'd rather win a penalty from.

First off I'd like to say I will never ever condone domestic violence of any kind family members and friends have been victims of horrible instances of domestic violence and I also think diving is disgusting.
However, we don't really know the full details of the hitting of his wife over Christmas; Whilst obviously you shouldn't hit your wife or anyone really you don't know the circumstances and the reaction of him afterwards shows that it was obviously a gross lapse of judgement that happened once so I can understand that it does happen. It really doesn't make domestic violence acceptable at all but, (I'm not trying to defend hitting wives) it's not like he's gone round and battered her or that he's been beating her all the time, it seems like it was a one time incident which, is still horrible but, you can get my point.
The diving is a difficult issue as well, it wasn't to get a penalty for his team though. The whole situation occurred after Lewandowski kicked one of the hamburg players or something like that (kicking as in assault rather than a foul), there was then a confronatation between VDV, Lewandowski and Kehl. Kehl pulled VDV from behind and Lewandowski from what I recall pushes VDV or something similar. VDV goes down very easily afterwards and Lewandowski was sent off. VDV's justification for it was that the referee was unlikely to send Lewandowski off for the kick so he got him sent off. I still think this is disgusting but, I feel it was done in the heat of the moment.

However, diving should never be tolerated so I hope he gets a ban for this.

I may be biased in these situations as I loved him when he was here and I don't want to change my view of him but, there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Denmark? is that a theatre thing?

anyway for me it is more that we would have gone after an arsenal player for the same thing and we are just covering it up almost with vdv, i loved him and his will to win and his class and skill. But he does not sound like a very nice person to me. That said i still love gazze and beat up his wife, but then she was northern so probably did deserve it.

Anyone know how it is going for vdv over in Germany?

anyway for me it is more that we would have gone after an arsenal player for the same thing and we are just covering it up almost with vdv, i loved him and his will to win and his class and skill. But he does not sound like a very nice person to me. That said i still love gazze and beat up his wife, but then she was northern so probably did deserve it.

Yeah Hamlet sorry (I have a sense of humour that isn't always easily transferable over the internet or indeed, in conversation).
Yeah I agree with you really.

Anyone else see this? admitted to diving in a recent hamburg match to win them a penalty. Hmmmm and he beat up his wife in the summer, if an arsenal player had done this we would have had a field day and gone to town on them.

I am not seeing him in the same light anymore, always felt he was quite honest at spurs.

Ahh, but VdV is no longer a Spurs player and wasn't when he smacked his wife and took a dive. See how awful life gets when you foraske Tottingham?

on vdv hitting his wife - it was at a party and i believe its linked to their splitting up a few days later. seeing as she forgave him and they were parting on amicable terms, i can only speculate that VDV's move back to Germany was not quite reciprocated. point is nobody knows, and they seem to be cool over the whole thing, so nothing to see, move along.

on that diving thing - simulation happens all the time, including being overdramatic...but the opposite side of the same coin is the professional foul - the knee in the thigh, the full force blocking tackle against one striking foot - which often goes unnoticed by refs and fans all alike. However its all run by football organizations who have more interest in the public's interest in the game compared to individual player's health and fitness.

And it was paraphrased in True Romance!

Back