• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vaccine = Stadium Entry

I knew this thread would turn into this when I started it. It's impossible to get info at the min without it devolving into opinion arguments. No judgment from me as I'm no better and have had to resist ' correcting' some of these posts on covid stats and facts. I dont know the solution but I quit all social media almost a year ago and don't get involved with any back and forth opinion posts online. I'm FAR happier now.
As to my original question.. I have had both jabs and my boy is under 18 and is therfore exempt so we are both good to go re: stadium entry. Can't wait for our 1st game as ST holders at the big season opener. COYS

You know that's not what I said.
But if you want to dilute the argument by jumping to extremes - Are there any areas they should stick their nose into?
Yes, that which absolutely cannot be provided in a private manner, such as street lights, roads, defence, etc.

It's important to test the limits though. After all, if what we want is the best for society, why not sterilise chavs?

Posted the cdc article (in the covid thread) that had deaths for those 18 and younger at 2 in a million (why they didn't say 1 in a million i don't know).
The az vax was banned for those under 30 cause the risk was estimated at between 1 in 100k and 250k. So we used the pfizer vax instead.
Turns out according to a study in the lancet there is no difference in the risk.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eu...ot-risk-similar-to-pfizer-spanish-study-finds
You are getting better and better at contradicting yourself.
That article makes no reference to u-18s; however, only high risk under 18s are being offered the vaccine. So your u-18 point is invalid.

The article linked also states blood clotting risk and rate is higher for those infected with covid when compared to those vaccinated.

You really are struggling here.

Yes, that which absolutely cannot be provided in a private manner, such as street lights, roads, defence, etc.

It's important to test the limits though. After all, if what we want is the best for society, why not sterilise chavs?
Street lights can, and are, provided in a private manner.....on private roads.

Because eugenics is bad politically?

You are getting better and better at contradicting yourself.
That article makes no reference to u-18s; however, only high risk under 18s are being offered the vaccine. So your u-18 point is invalid.

The article linked also states blood clotting risk and rate is higher for those infected with covid when compared to those vaccinated.

You really are struggling here.

You are getting better and better at not reading my posts properly.

I said i had already posted the cdc article in the coronavirus thread. This from the uk https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57766717

Yes the blood clotting risk is greater from catching the virus when you consider all ages. I specifically mentioned 18 year olds though.

I understand the need for people to get vaccinated but I don’t feel comfortable with the principle of essentially forcing people into it by taking away something if they don’t comply.
And what’s so special about 20,000 that doesn’t apply for 5,000 or 10,000 or 15,000?

The numbers increase the risk.

The numbers increase the risk.

The ons has 1 in 90 people in the uk currently infected (at least up till july 24th). Are you really more at risk going to a football game than a cinema or theater?

The reason they are doing this isn't because of risk. It's to get people to get vaccinated, so we can reach herd immunity quicker. I think they should get vaccinated, but we shouldn't force them. Try to persuade, if not let them catch it. In the end the result will be the same.

As is overstepping political bounds and into the remit of private business.
Like making car manufacturers fit seat belts and airbags, or making restaurants meet hygiene standards, or making sure your factory is a safe place for your workers including the way it was built to the machines that they operate, damn governments interfering in private business

Like making car manufacturers fit seat belts and airbags, or making restaurants meet hygiene standards, or making sure your factory is a safe place for your workers including the way it was built to the machines that they operate, damn governments interfering in private business

Fitting a seat belt in a car or making a restaraunt meet hygene standards, isn't the same as injecting you against your will with something that could kill you.

Yep

Fitting a seat belt in a car or making a restaraunt meet hygene standards, isn't the same as injecting you against your will with something that could kill you.

No one is injecting anyone against their will are they???

Back