• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Can anyone watching these youth confirm if they are being set up in the same 433 as the first team and using similar tactics/ intent?

Can anyone watching these youth confirm if they are being set up in the same 433 as the first team and using similar tactics/ intent?

I haven't watched but I heard we are trying to play the Ange way throughout the age groups

I haven't watched but I heard we are trying to play the Ange way throughout the age groups
I don’t think we are playing inverted full backs and trying to keep the wide forwards wide. To be fair I think it is only the under 21s that should play that way anyway. No real need for the younger age groups to do so as long as they are playing fast paced, possession football.

Last edited:
I don’t think we are playing inverted full backs and trying to keep the wide forwards wide. To be fair I think it is only the under 21s that should play that way anyway. No real need for the younger age groups to,do,so,as long as they are playing fast paced, possession football.

Yeah I doubt it is exactly the same tactics. I did read from someone that they had noticed they were playing a higher intensity and passing the ball forward quicker this season etc. Be good to hear from someone that has watch all these games

Yeah I doubt it is exactly the same tactics. I did read from someone that they had noticed they were playing a higher intensity and passing the ball forward quicker this season etc. Be good to hear from someone that has watch all these games

I've watched all the U21 games play and fullbacks play in a traditional way, the passing and movement is quick from the whole team and they play out from the back. So far they have played Lyons-Foster as a holding midfield position allowing defenders to run with the ball far more, Donley is the standout player and Santiago looks far more dangerous playing wide on the left, last season he was striker.

So people kept going on and on about how buying from the lower leagues is the way forward, we signed Rodon, Spence and Jack Clarke in the not so distant past with Rodon and Spence being highly rated and almost exciting the fan base just for them all to be brick. Maybe that is not the plan if you haven’t got the space for them to get game time. This is why the likes of Palace have success with it, as they just chick them in at the deep end and help them develop. This is why we need teams like that, its not just a case of buying them in the hope they come good, they don’t develop here and at the other big teams like they do at the smaller prem clubs.

Harsh, but I agree you have to PLAY these Championship players, for them to develop, else they stagnate.
And in a top-top-top club like Spurs, they probably ain't gonna play.
Better to sign someone and let them stay 1 more year at their club to develop, like OoDoggy.

So people kept going on and on about how buying from the lower leagues is the way forward, we signed Rodon, Spence and Jack Clarke in the not so distant past with Rodon and Spence being highly rated and almost exciting the fan base just for them all to be brick. Maybe that is not the plan if you haven’t got the space for them to get game time. This is why the likes of Palace have success with it, as they just chick them in at the deep end and help them develop. This is why we need teams like that, its not just a case of buying them in the hope they come good, they don’t develop here and at the other big teams like they do at the smaller prem clubs.

Absolutely, said it many a time, Olise and Eze would have had very different directions at Spurs because we wouldn't have given them game time in the past.

Back